Need Help On Char-Briol BBQ Conversion

Any type of high heat grill.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

elalto
Pilgrim

Need Help On Char-Briol BBQ Conversion

Postby elalto » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:42 pm

Hi All,
This is my first post, I found this forum while looking for information on my Char-Broil Commercial Series BBQ. My son gave me the BBQ as he has been deployed and sold his house. I am very happy to have it except for one thing, it is natural gas and I want to convert it to propane.

So, I have located the little brass orifices and I have a new LP regulator and hose. I am ready to do the conversion except for a little confusion regarding the size of the orifice holes. The plate on the BBQ indicates that the burners (3) are rated at 25,000 BTU and the side burner at 13,000 BTU. The chart that I have found indicates that the smallest hole is for 10,000 BTU, drill #62 and goes up in increments of 2,000 BTU. If I use this chart then I would have to go 10,000 for each of the burners and 14,000 for the side burner? If so, I would have a total of 30,000 BTU for the burners and 14,000 for the side burner, is this correct?

I appreciate any and all comments on this situation as I am stopped until I can be sure.

Thanks in advance,
Marcos (elalto)
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Re: Need Help On Char-Briol BBQ Conversion

Postby Papa Tom » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:06 pm

Welcome to the forum I don't do gas so I cannot help your plight but welcome!
tarde venientibus ossa....
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:03 pm

Howdy
1moreford USER_AVATAR
1MoreFord
Rustler

Postby 1MoreFord » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:50 am

Are your 3 burners rated at 25k btu Each or Total? That will make the most difference in any answer.

For your side burner I'd drill up 1 size and try it. If it's not enough you can drill it out once more but you would then be going over rating after the second drilling.
Joe

Falcon MKV Gas Grill w/Grill Grates, OK Joe Longhorn now gone, CharGriller Akorn, Camp Chef 24SG, and Weber 22" OTG

Return to “Charcoal Grills, Gas Grills and Disc Cookers”