Primo Kamado needs parts.

Any type of flower pots post here

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Primo Kamado needs parts.

Postby DATsBBQ » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:37 pm

Friends, it looks like Primo is taking a nose dive. My restoration attempt of restoring the hinge/upper/lower bands with rustoelum did not last but a year. Gulf of Mexico did a number on it. Anyway, asked the factory to sell me said parts and they told me that I would have to go to local dealer. OK, five in the area: three do not sell Primo anymore, and two will not return voice mails. Found an outfit out of Memphis who said they would email me a quote. That was last Thursday, no quote yet.... . At this point either I have to buy a grinder or go to the Big Green Egg. Its a thousand dollar cooker (MSRP) so I would rather spring for a couple hundred dollars in parts. Oh, and last email from Primo said their "industry is extremely busy and a call back from a dealer could take a while". Horse Hockey I say. OK, thanks for letting me vent. Meanwhile the trusty Weber grill and Traeger smoker are doing just fine.
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Re: Primo Kamado needs parts.

Postby Rambo » Sat May 01, 2021 6:21 am

That stinks
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Sat May 01, 2021 8:09 am

Well crap, I thought I’d try and help by finding an online retailer that carried them but the first couple I found all said out of stock.

That does stink

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Sat May 01, 2021 10:04 am

lol at diybbq.com I think they have it
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat May 01, 2021 10:14 am

Mr. Dave, I checked out diybbq from Rambo's suggestions and since I dont' know exactly all that you need, you might check it out. https://diybbq.com/primo-grills-177911- ... HYEALw_wcB

One thing I noticed right away was the Covid Time Warning B.S. - - -so Good Luck :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
GTR
Bandolero

Postby GTR » Sat May 01, 2021 10:25 am

Seems to be the case in many industries. Pool equipment is still a ghost. Can’t get a manifold for my heater but I can spring $5k+ for a complete system. So what it tells me is they have the parts but are more worried about new customers and to h3ll with their existing ones. Honestly it’s been just over a year since this began and I still have no final inspection, no working hot tub and no end in sight. To add to the misery there was a massive fire at the largest chlorine manufacturing facility, so that is going to get scarce and expensive. Digging that hole in the ground appears to be right up there with marrying my first wife.
"The days I keep my expectations low and my gratitude high, I have really good days."
Ray Wylie Hubbard
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat May 01, 2021 11:47 am

:D :lol: :laughing7:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Mon May 03, 2021 5:09 pm

Come in Driver
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Mon May 03, 2021 7:50 pm

I think that I am making progress with eFireplaceStore. I think the hold up is with Primo as these are parts typically not carried by dealers. The rep wants to give me a realistic ETA for the parts.
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Mon May 03, 2021 8:12 pm

DATsBBQ wrote:I think that I am making progress with eFireplaceStore. I think the hold up is with Primo as these are parts typically not carried by dealers. The rep wants to give me a realistic ETA for the parts.

Did you check the website I found? It appears they have it
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Tue May 04, 2021 6:24 am

Rambo wrote:
DATsBBQ wrote:I think that I am making progress with eFireplaceStore. I think the hold up is with Primo as these are parts typically not carried by dealers. The rep wants to give me a realistic ETA for the parts.

Did you check the website I found? It appears they have it

They have the hinge and upper band but not the lower band. Thanks, this will be my back-up plan.
Deputy Dave

datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Wed May 05, 2021 6:41 pm

Part should be here on Friday. :)
Deputy Dave

rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Wed May 05, 2021 8:48 pm

Good news :tup:
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Sun May 09, 2021 3:54 pm

Yes and no. The part they sent is too big. The bands need to be shortened about an inch. I will post a pic later. The circumference of cooker is 65 1/8 inch. The shortest the bands will adjust to is 66 1/2 ". :angryfire:
Deputy Dave

datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Mon May 17, 2021 6:58 am

Update: Primo said that they will send me a pair of gaskets free of charge that will remedy the problem.
Deputy Dave

Return to “Big Green Egg & other ceramic cookers”