Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Hello guys!

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:04 am

git-er-done.jpg
git-er-done.jpg (49.19 KiB) Viewed 4700 times
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:05 am

Have any of Y'all seen Bogie Driver online anywhere lately ?
Thought about him this morning and looked up this post.
It's been almost 2 mths since he's been around and I
was wondering how his Chemo was coming along.

Thoughts and Prayers, Brother :salut:
Holler when you get a chance. :tup:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bogiedr USER_AVATAR
bogiedr
Cowboy

Postby bogiedr » Fri May 01, 2020 3:57 pm

USP, Friends, Hello!!!

I apologize for not posting but rest assured I am alive and well. Six treatments in with very minimal side effects. In fact so minimal not even worth mentioning. Working out 5 times a week for 1 hour each session. I have dropped 58 pounds, intentionally, and feel fantastic!! Thank you for all the thoughts and prayers, you folks are special and I sincerely mean it and appreciate all of you. Have not been smoking or grilling much due to the diet, however that changes today!

Mu mother in law fell ill early last week … she passed away at 85 last Saturday. I had been expecting it, she was not in good health and deteriorating so the Good Lord showed her His love and mercies and took her peacefully surrounded by family. Let's say it's been a bit of a rough start to the year, but I promise I will come through, no doubts in my mind :D

So in memory my wife and I had two fantastic bottles of wine! Tonight it is Bourbon salmon on cedar plank on the Kettle, side roasted sweet potatoes. My fire box, ring in my Joe disintegrated, waiting for replacement from Kamado Joe. They are replacing at no cost to me.

Tomorrow, I splurged and bought an 8 ounce Wagyu strip. Going to grill it over hot coals and have mashed potatoes for side! Wife and I splitting the steak, will keep integrity of the diet :roll: I will post photos sometime this weekend!!

Long response, I know, but just so happy to be posting again and having the support, thoughts and prayers from you folks, a great wife and the Good Lord taking care of me … how lucky am I???

Have a great weekend everyone, thank you again and I am happy to be back.
Hit them straight
BogieDr

Kamado Joe Classic
Weber Little Joe
Weber 22.5 Performer
Weber Genesis II LX S-440
Green Mountain Daniel Boone prime
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri May 01, 2020 4:52 pm

Not "Long" at all, Bro, so good to hear the good news about your treatment and rehab. Condolences to the Family for the Loss but, as you said, so Blessed that the Lord gave her Peace and took her Home. I need to get on some kind of a minimal exercise program but I keep procrastinating.

Thanks for the update and God Bless Y'all :tup:
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Fri May 01, 2020 8:41 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Not "Long" at all, Bro, so good to hear the good news about your treatment and rehab. Condolences to the Family for the Loss but, as you said, so Blessed that the Lord gave her Peace and took her Home. I need to get on some kind of a minimal exercise program but I keep procrastinating.

Thanks for the update and God Bless Y'all :tup:

^^^^^

Return to “Big Green Egg & other ceramic cookers”