First stick burner

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

twc42397
Pilgrim

First stick burner

Postby twc42397 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:48 pm

Hello all I’m getting my dads old smoker on Saturday and plan on doing pork spare ribs on Sunday. I’m familiar in smoking as I’ve watched my dad smoke brisket all my life and I recently got an electric smoker (I lived in a second floor apartment) and have only done Boston butts. I’m looking for a good sweet and easy rib recipe and some tips and tricks that y’all might have. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Re: First stick burner

Postby Rambo » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:49 pm

Welcome; use our search; you’ll find lots of rub info
egghead USER_AVATAR
egghead
Egg Master

Postby egghead » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:46 pm

Welcome

I bet if you follow the same process as you used on the butts, you wouldn’t be disappointed. The only difference is you will finish must faster.

Good luck with it amigo.
Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself - Mark Twain
XL, Small, and Mini BGE
twc42397
Pilgrim

Postby twc42397 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:10 am

Is there a good mop sauce I can get at my HEB? I’m gonna rub it like would normally for Boston butt but I like a good sauce on my ribs any recommendations?

bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:44 am

Welcome to the forum. I’m not much help on the HEB request as we don’t have one up here. Maybe OUP can chime in as he is blessed to be able to shop HEB in his neck of the woods.

For my ribs I typically use Sucklebusters Honey BBQ but I understand you might not be able to have it by Sunday unless there happens to be a supplier in your area.

Either way. Welcome. Good luck and congrats on getting your Dads pit!

rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:50 am

Atwood’s
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:58 am

Before I discovered Suckle Busters Sauces I bought and used Sweet Baby Ray's from HEB.
Now I'm hooked on Suckle Busters Chipotle Sauce (for me) and their Original (for the Wife)
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
egghead USER_AVATAR
egghead
Egg Master

Postby egghead » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:58 am

I like to spritz with 50/50 apple juice/apple cider vinegar and if I don’t have vinegar just the apple juice. I start spritzing about halfway through the smoke and then about every thirty minutes.

I prefer no sauce, just rub and smoke, but some of my “judges” :roll: like a little sweet sauce. A thin basting of a mixture of honey and brown sugar works if you are looking for sweet and don’t have a sauce you like.

Experimenting by using different rubs and finishes, then a blind taste test by your “judges” is kind of fun.

Buena suerte amigo.
Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself - Mark Twain
XL, Small, and Mini BGE
egghead USER_AVATAR
egghead
Egg Master

Postby egghead » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:03 am

I recommend that you go to Sucklebusters.com and use their store finder to see if there is a retail store nearby. Outstanding rubs and sauces.
XL, Small, and Mini BGE

Return to “Smokehouse - BBQ Discussion”