Puzzled Possum

Where 'ya from? Whadda 'ya cook on? Tell us a little about yourself. Is there a bounty on your head?

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

User avatar
Gator
Sheriff
Posts: 6885
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:53 pm
Location: Coppell, TX
Contact:

Puzzled Possum

Postby Gator » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:22 pm

Welcome and that is one heck of a nice BBQ rig you have on your website!
Gator

"I won't tolerate rude behavior" - Woodrow F Call
Puzzled Possum
Pilgrim
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Coastal Maine
Contact:

Thanks

Postby Puzzled Possum » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:21 pm

and thanks. I look forward to learning more about Texas barbeque here.

Mark
User avatar
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman
Posts: 4677
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:34 pm
Location: Ft. Worth, Texas
Contact:

Postby nascarchuck » Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:21 pm

Welcome!
Chuck

http://cookinwithchuck.blogspot.com - Updated 01/10/10

Image
User avatar
Big Mike
Cowboy
Posts: 418
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:17 pm
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Contact:

Postby Big Mike » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:15 pm

Hey there Possum
Mike

Eagle River BBQ
User avatar
DATsBBQ
Deputy
Posts: 8085
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:15 am
Location: Yorktown, VA
Contact:

Postby DATsBBQ » Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:25 pm

Welcome aboard. Post often :D
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
bigwheel
Outlaw
Posts: 1767
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:34 am
Location: Cowtown
Contact:

Re: Thanks

Postby bigwheel » Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:26 am

Hey Possum...glad to see your smiling face over here. Been needing a nice New Englander to balance out the Texicans:)

bigwheel


Puzzled Possum wrote:and thanks. I look forward to learning more about Texas barbeque here.

Mark
User avatar
DATsBBQ
Deputy
Posts: 8085
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:15 am
Location: Yorktown, VA
Contact:

Postby DATsBBQ » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:40 pm

Just curious, why do you price your sammies the way you do? Usually, stuff ends in .95 or .99 . :D
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
User avatar
OSD
Retired Lawman
Posts: 7291
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:59 pm
Location: Fl
Contact:

Postby OSD » Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:43 pm

Image
Jim
Puzzled Possum
Pilgrim
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Coastal Maine
Contact:

Dumb and Lazy

Postby Puzzled Possum » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:15 pm

Folks who price their sandwiches at x.95 or x.99 are smart because they make a few more pennies and they have to be able to figure tax on such a number; and they're energetic because they have to pull out all those different coins and bills. When you add tax to the weird numbers you see on my board, they come to nice round numbers, which is convenient when you're dumb and lazy.

Speaking of dumb (no Yankee jokes, Mr. Wheel, I'm still a pilgrim and you're a wrangler from cowtown), I guess I have to read the owner's manual to figure out how to reply to separate messages separately. And what the hay are all those weird faces off to the left doing winking and laughing and crying - hope this isn't one of those flashbacks.

Anywho, thanks for the cordial Texican-style welcomes.

Mark
User avatar
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman
Posts: 4677
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:34 pm
Location: Ft. Worth, Texas
Contact:

Re: Dumb and Lazy

Postby nascarchuck » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:35 pm

Puzzled Possum wrote:Folks who price their sandwiches at x.95 or x.99 are smart because they make a few more pennies and they have to be able to figure tax on such a number; and they're energetic because they have to pull out all those different coins and bills. When you add tax to the weird numbers you see on my board, they come to nice round numbers, which is convenient when you're dumb and lazy.




I am lazy and wish that more store owners were like you!

Puzzled Possum wrote:Speaking of dumb (no Yankee jokes, Mr. Wheel, I'm still a pilgrim and you're a wrangler from cowtown), I guess I have to read the owner's manual to figure out how to reply to separate messages separately. And what the hay are all those weird faces off to the left doing winking and laughing and crying - hope this isn't one of those flashbacks.


ImageImageImage


Puzzled Possum wrote:Anywho, thanks for the cordial Texican-style welcomes.

Mark


Anytime Buddy! Just pokin a little fun at a yankee... errrrr, new feller...
Chuck

http://cookinwithchuck.blogspot.com - Updated 01/10/10

Image
bigwheel
Outlaw
Posts: 1767
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:34 am
Location: Cowtown
Contact:

Postby bigwheel » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:22 am

Hey that Possum got a purty good trick. He imports some of our giant Texas Crawdads up to Maine and calls em Lobsters. Now that tricky huh?

bigwheel

Return to “WANTED POSTERS - New Member Introductions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests