Cooking packer brisket joint on egg

Any type of flower pots post here

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

Cooking packer brisket joint on egg

Postby Gashead » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:56 pm

Hi guys, had me first attempt cooking brisket on the egg today, it was -1 Celsius so that would affect cooking time I know. The pointy bit was amazing but the other bit was a bit dry. Cooked it between 230-250 f for about 9 hours then rested for 1 hour. Rubbed with just salt and pepper and injected with beef stock just before putting it on. The bit below the fat was so juicy so does that mean I should flip it half way? Or should I marinate and inject the night before? It wasn’t expensive beef but seems like it’s more a technique than quality of meat.

It tasted like a dream though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Cooking packer brisket joint on egg

Postby Rambo » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:57 pm

Welcome Gashead: I'm a Old time Stick Burner man but there are some Egg experts here that will see your post and offer their opinion in the next day or so.

Glad you're here :salut:

Re: Cooking packer brisket joint on egg

Postby DATsBBQ » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:05 am

I go by the probe test. When the pointy part of a meat probe slides into the brisky like a hot knife through butter, it is done. I cooked many a brisket in sub zero weather on my Primo with no issues, so outside temp should not be much of a factor.
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee

Return to “Big Green Egg & other ceramic cookers”