Yoder YS 640

Traegers, Green Mountain, Smokin Tex and all other Pellet and Wood Chip Smokers

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Yoder YS 640

Postby outlaw » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:20 pm

Well, looks like my patience has finally paid off. I'm on the way to pick up this beauty right now. More to come...
Attachments
00U0U_fZuEHRMZVyn_600x450.jpg
00U0U_fZuEHRMZVyn_600x450.jpg (29.41 KiB) Viewed 4795 times
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Yoder YS 640

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:00 pm

WOO HOO - - - you have certainly been put thru the Pellet Pooper Purchasing wringer - - - Congrats on the Score - - - now all that's left is to "Git'er Done"
:tup: :salut: :cheers: :wav: :fiestanana: :evilnana: :coolnana: :banana:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:29 pm

Congratulations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:18 pm

We are home, and this has been an adventure. We got there and it turns out those were not the proper pictures of the unit offered for sale. Same model etc, and I do think it was an honest mistake. He just had too many smokers. :dont: :dont: Anyway, the condition wasn't as good as the other cosmetically but still a very solid machine. Just going to take a little cleaning up. This one actually had 2 thermometers mounted in the lid (why, only grate temps matter) but it had a cover, extra power cord, and a unopened 40# bag of pellets. We got to talking and I told him about our forum so expect to see a new guy from Desoto joining in. He also gave me a set of grill grates for grilling ($100.00). The asking price was $1000 and due to cosmetic reasons I was able to score it for $800. I'll spend the next couple of days (while some meat thaws) cleaning, polishing, foiling and it will be as good as new. I'm one happy camper. Now just have to wait on some help to get it out of the truck.
Attachments
20180131_150132.jpg
20180131_150120.jpg
Bayou Classic Ceramic
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:38 pm

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: this ain't your first Rodeo and even the clean up and prep work will be fun :scratch: REMEMBER the first Hot Rod you towed in that wouldn't crank but you couldn't wait to git'er on the Road - - - - same thing except you don't have to crawl under the Yoder :laughing7: :D :lol: Happy for you Pal :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:43 pm

Cleaned up pretty nice, only thing left to do is polish the inside grills (looks like they used a grill mat over them so in great shape. An odd thing though, they used the deflector plate upside down and allowed some grease to run into the bottom when there were raised edges to stop that when plate was in correctly.

Question? Would you use some highheat paint and cover the bare spots? Nothing more than surface rust that came off with an sos pad??

Here she is in place, my set it and forget it tool in the arsenal. Click on pics for correct view, I guess they are too big. Pics will be the death of me on this forum.
Attachments
20180131_165518.jpg
20180131_164600.jpg
Bayou Classic Ceramic
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:49 pm

Great Score man !!
I can't wait to see your first cook off of it :):)
Congrats again, exciting stuff for sure :)
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:56 pm

woodenvisions wrote:Great Score man !!
I can't wait to see your first cook off of it :):)
Congrats again, exciting stuff for sure :)

Thanks WV. I excited as well. I may go see what I can find tomorrow that isnt frozen and do a small test run.
Bayou Classic Ceramic
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:26 pm

I'll be stalking the forum for the pics, like I always say....

Let it fly
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:40 pm

Home Sweet Home - - - as far as the deflector plate goes, now that you've got in in your hands and it's clean then "all is good" - - - I ALWAYS put foil over my deflector plate and I even make a lip at the ?high? end to prevent ANY POSSIBILITY of grease getting into the fire pot. I also try and keep whatever I'm cooking towards the lower end of the Grill.
bobcat1 USER_AVATAR
bobcat1
Outlaw

Postby bobcat1 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:03 pm

Nice find! Lucky dog!
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: RE: Re: Yoder YS 640

Postby woodenvisions » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:30 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Home Sweet Home - - - as far as the deflector plate goes, now that you've got in in your hands and it's clean then "all is good" - - - I ALWAYS put foil over my deflector plate and I even make a lip at the ?high? end to prevent ANY POSSIBILITY of grease getting into the fire pot. I also try and keep whatever I'm cooking towards the lower end of the Grill.
Nothing more valuable than free knowledge from someone that knows his pooper :):)
Yooz duh man Emm :):)
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: RE: Re: Yoder YS 640

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:21 am

woodenvisions wrote:Nothing more valuable than free knowledge from someone that knows his pooper :):) Yooz duh man Emm :):)

?Free? who said anything about it being Free :?: :laughing7: As far as "knowing" - - this one thing I do KNOW - - - - purt near every time that I fire it up and use it "I learn something new" :scratch: :salut:
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Yoder YS 640

Postby woodenvisions » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:27 am

OldUsedParts wrote:[quote="woodenvisions"]Nothing more valuable than free knowledge from someone that knows his pooper :):) Yooz duh man Emm :):)

?Free? who said anything about it being Free :?: :laughing7: As far as "knowing" - - this one thing I do KNOW - - - - purt near every time that I fire it up and use it "I learn something new" :scratch: :salut:[/quote]Lol, send him ur bank acct info, I'm sure he will " Take care of the rest "....:):)
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:39 am

:laughing7: :D :lol:

Return to “Pellet Cookers and Smokers”