Prayers needed

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

bobcat1 USER_AVATAR
bobcat1
Outlaw

Prayers needed

Postby bobcat1 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:16 pm

My youngest of 4 sons, Matt, is about to have his 1st child. A boy. Brandi and he went to the doctor yesterday and half of unborn Hudson's heart is not functioning. When he is delivered in October at Children's Hospital in Dallas he will be taken immediately to open heart surgery to repair it. Hudson needs your prayers as well as Mom and Dad who are devastated at this news. This will be most likely my last grandson. That will give me 13 in all counting step grandchildren which I count as mine.

Thanks in advance. We are believing God for a miracle before birth for "Hud" (like the old Paul Newman movie). As some of you might or might not know I was diagnosed with inoperable brain cancer that attached to my optic nerve when I was 3 years old. My parents were told I would not make it to 5 years old. Tomorrow I am 61. God is still on the throne today as he was back then. The cancer was gone with no medical treatment before I was 4 years old. I only have peripheral vision in my right eye and a lazy right eye due to the damage done. But I am still here
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: Prayers needed

Postby woodenvisions » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:27 pm

Ummmm.. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

From a guy that just had his first little boy 17 months ago at the age of 46, reading this hit home and brought some tears.
I will most certainly ask the big guy to help ur grandson out, and help guidance with your son and Dil !

As for his name ..Hudson...
That HAS to be one of the koolest names for a little boy that I've ever heard !!

Hearing your story just backs things up with more :cry: :cry: :cry:
Yes, miracles certainly happen, and we're gonna ask for another one right here.

Keep the faith, be strong and make sure ur son and Dil talk to Hudson at night before they go to bed.
I'm a firm believer that The unborn child can indeed hear that.
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:33 pm

Thoughts and good things coming your way bob, the one thing I can't believe is how the body can take a real hammering and bounce back. Modern medicine is amazing.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:43 pm

Definitely sending prayers you guys way. One thing for sure…he's in good hands at Children's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jwh USER_AVATAR
jwh
Cowboy

Postby jwh » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:46 pm

Praying for HUD right now. May the Lord grant a safe delivery, subsequent surgery, and you and yours much strength and growth during this affliction, Friend.
Josh
okie sawbones USER_AVATAR
Okie Sawbones
Outlaw

Postby Okie Sawbones » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:01 pm

Do you have a more specific diagnosis?
KCBS - CBJ
PNWBA - CBJ
Jambo Clone, Primo Oval XL, Blaz'n Grills Pellet Stove, Weber 22.5", Lynx SS Grill, The Big Easy
VFW - Life, DAV - Life
bobcat1 USER_AVATAR
bobcat1
Outlaw

Postby bobcat1 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:12 pm

Okie Sawbones wrote:Do you have a more specific diagnosis?

No I do not. I only know what I posted. I will ask though. I asked and was told it is a blockage of the lower chamber of the heart. They are meeting with the cardiologist next week to know for certain.
bondobill
Outlaw

Postby bondobill » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:36 pm

Thoughts and prayers here also Bob.
But like what's already been stated it amazing what a newborn child can endure. I also believe they hold a special place in our Lords heart.

Bill
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:05 am

Praying for him and your whole family.
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:30 am

Morning Prayers are going up for Hud and Your Family as well - - - - "we" have been the grateful recipients of many Prayers lately so this one hits home - - - Wishing Y'all the best with this, BC - - :tup: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:54 am

You have our prayers, BC.
Moink!
professor bunky USER_AVATAR
Professor Bunky
Outlaw

Postby Professor Bunky » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:59 am

Our prayers are going out for him and your family, BC.
Lone_Wolf_Ronin
Pilgrim

Re: RE: Prayers needed

Postby Lone_Wolf_Ronin » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:17 pm

bobcat1 wrote:My youngest of 4 sons, Matt, is about to have his 1st child. A boy. Brandi and he went to the doctor yesterday and half of unborn Hudson's heart is not functioning. When he is delivered in October at Children's Hospital in Dallas he will be taken immediately to open heart surgery to repair it. Hudson needs your prayers as well as Mom and Dad who are devastated at this news.

DONE! Thoughts, prayers and just good wishes to Lily Hudson and family.

Our son gave a bit of a scare. Before he was born, docs discovered and anomaly. First thought was cancer. Later found that the "mass" was actually a "void". Suffice it to say, they found a kink in his ureter, one severely malformed kidney, and a relatively healthy kidney in the wrong location.

Children's Hospital New Orleans did a fab job on him. Wouldn't know it today he had any issues.

Praying and wishing the same for Hudson, with prayers for comfort to the parents.

Peace

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
bobcat1 USER_AVATAR
bobcat1
Outlaw

Postby bobcat1 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:33 am

Thanks for that LWR and everyone else.
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:44 pm

Ditto here, will keeping your grandson in our thoughts. Amazing how resilient kids are and how the Big Guy looks after them...

Co-chaired a March of Dimes campaign some years ago here in town; every year they have a featured "sponsor" family to be the human face of the campaign. The father, a sportswriter here in Dallas who had had two preemie twin boys, steps up to introduce himself and hands me a business card. On the back are the outlines of two little feet. I go, "Hey that's a great idea, putting little feet on the back to remind people of what this is about".

The father looks at me and smiles. "Those are identically sized footprints, to actual scale, of my son's feet at birth. They both fit on the back of a business card."

I nearly fell over right there. One son was about a pound and one ounce at birth, I think the other was about a pound and three. They were born like 4-5 months early, and spent like a year in the NICU here in Dallas.

I looked over after he told me this and saw the two boys wrestling like puppies in the floor, healthy and happy. Made me feel really humble. It's all an amazing thing.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."

Return to “General Discussion”