looking for a BBQ pit expert, to set up a pit in indonesia!

Where 'ya from? Whadda 'ya cook on? Tell us a little about yourself. Is there a bounty on your head?

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

Bali BBQ
Pilgrim

looking for a BBQ pit expert, to set up a pit in indonesia!

Postby Bali BBQ » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:28 pm

My name is bryan, i Have lived in indo ten years now and am looking at setting up a mobile pit in bali, then ins and outs of running a company in indo is hellish. more red tape and bribary than u can shake a stick at. i have learned how to do all this. but i know nothing of BBQ, so heres the deal, u get a paid flight and accomidation to bali, where the challenge will be to build a mobil Gas assited smoke pit. devolop a recipe useing local ingrediants and hard woods, and start pumping out some BBQ, anyone who is interested in this please contact me, the time frame is within the next year, need a serious professional as i want to put out top quality as people love to copy a good idea. so we want to be the first and the best, the ends and outs of our aggrement can be further discussed, if u find u like it in bali and want to hang around we could discuss some type of partnership if u want to stay on and run the resto. serious people only please :)
Bali BBQ
Pilgrim

Re: looking for a BBQ pit expert, to set up a pit in indones

Postby Bali BBQ » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:24 pm

Bali BBQ wrote:My name is bryan, i Have lived in indo ten years now and am looking at setting up a mobile pit in bali, then ins and outs of running a company in indo is hellish. more red tape and bribary than u can shake a stick at. i have learned how to do all this. but i know nothing of BBQ, so heres the deal, u get a paid flight and accomidation to bali, where the challenge will be to build a mobil Gas assited smoke pit. devolop a recipe useing local ingrediants and hard woods, and start pumping out some BBQ, anyone who is interested in this please contact me, the time frame is within the next year, need a serious professional as i want to put out top quality as people love to copy a good idea. so we want to be the first and the best, the ends and outs of our aggrement can be further discussed, if u find u like it in bali and want to hang around we could discuss some type of partnership if u want to stay on and run the resto. serious people only please :)

Thanks everyone for your feedback, as i am a new member i cannot send a private message yet. so please include your email address so we can talk further. thanks
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:39 am

I think you would have a better outcome if you were to come here, learn from the best (classes are offered by some great pit masters) and then order a pit from either Gator or Klose. Either of them can ship to Bali.

Smokers need hardwoods. What are you going to use for locally sourced fuel? Coconuts? I've used extruded coconut lump once. Expensive is I recall.
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
Bali BBQ
Pilgrim

Postby Bali BBQ » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:33 pm

DATsBBQ wrote:I think you would have a better outcome if you were to come here, learn from the best (classes are offered by some great pit masters) and then order a pit from either Gator or Klose. Either of them can ship to Bali.

Smokers need hardwoods. What are you going to use for locally sourced fuel? Coconuts? I've used extruded coconut lump once. Expensive is I recall.

there are all kinds of hardwoods here. i have heard of people using mango wood, but im sure there are others that would be accesable and have a nice flavor. buying and shipping a pit one could really run up my investment bill. it would be so easy and cheap to weld one up here if i just had the know how. liking your idea of taking a class seems like might be the way to go. any suggestions on where to go? time frame for these classes and cost? still like the idea of just flying in someone who knows there stuff. cost me the same to fly back there. we could built a pit here really cheap, and i feel like they would really have a blast coming out to bali and haning out for awhile,

really loving your feed back thanks so much, im really looking at all the options now, its really still in the brainstorm fase, and the time frame is withing the next year so im not in to much of a hurry.
Bali BBQ
Pilgrim

Postby Bali BBQ » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:37 pm

the locals here use dried coconuts shells to cook just about everything on an open grill. mostly fish. puts off a lot of smoke and kind of burns like charcoal. dirt cheap.
sparetimetoys USER_AVATAR
sparetimetoys
Bandolero

Postby sparetimetoys » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:05 pm

Bali BBQ wrote:the locals here use dried coconuts shells to cook just about everything on an open grill. mostly fish. puts off a lot of smoke and kind of burns like charcoal. dirt cheap.

I wonder if it would be too much smoke inside a closed chamber. You want the thin blue sort of clear smoke.
Thank You to all the fine folks here for all the tips and advice so I can now smoke a chunk of meat and folks actually eat it.
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:35 am

Talked to Dave Klose, says he ships pretty much anywhere you can afford to have it shipped.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
cowboydon USER_AVATAR
cowboydon
Retired Lawman

Postby cowboydon » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:08 pm

Boots you going the extra mile sir, well done on doing some checking.
CowboyDon
Garland, Texas :texas:
Check out my BBQ @
https://www.instagram.com/alltherealbbq/
alltherealbbq

Return to “WANTED POSTERS - New Member Introductions”