When does anyone log on here?

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

TL Parnell
Wrangler

When does anyone log on here?

Postby TL Parnell » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:41 pm

I have logged on to this site at all hours of the day & night & I've yet to find anyone else here at the same time I am!! That is why I left for so long awhile back, I got tired of nobody being here to inter act with! I'll give it a few more tries before I leave it again!
God loves you & so do I, in the precious name of Jesus
nascarchuck USER_AVATAR
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman

Postby nascarchuck » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:55 pm

TL... As for me, it's hit and miss. With me working nights, I am normally on all night except between midnight and about 3A. Thats when I actually have to do something. :lol: During the day when I'm home, it depends on if my DSL is wanting to work or not.

If you see me online, be sure to hollar at me!

Now let me turn the tables. When are you on here???
Chuck

http://cookinwithchuck.blogspot.com - Updated 01/10/10

datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:55 pm

I've seen up to a dozen folks, sometimes no one. Lot's folk show up as guests until they see something they want to respond to, then they log on. And there are always those "hidden users" who don't want a record that they're goofing off at work....
Glad to see you back :D

NOTE: Moved to General Discussion 8)
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:29 pm

I'm on several times a day, from early morning til night. Like DATs said sometimes there are lots of people on and sometimes no-one is on.
Glad you are back. :D 8)
Jim
gator USER_AVATAR
Gator
Sheriff

Postby Gator » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:44 pm

I see folks on almost everytime I am on.

When are you logging on TL?
Gator

"I won't tolerate rude behavior" - Woodrow F Call
bowhnter USER_AVATAR
bowhnter
Chuck Wagon

Postby bowhnter » Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:20 pm

I check for new msgs a few times a day. Since taking my old job back, I feel lucky to get a free minute at all. BY the time night rolls around, wife has me busy or I am tired (getting older I guess)
Mike

Primo Oval XL
Grilla Silverbac
Weber 26”, 22”, and Jumbo Joe
Weber Genesis
Ooni Pro Pizza oven
Blackstone 22 and 36
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:25 pm

I'm surprised that I don't appear to be online all the time. I never log out I just put the computer in sleep mode.
tarde venientibus ossa....
tx sandman USER_AVATAR
TX Sandman
Outlaw

Postby TX Sandman » Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:24 pm

For me, I'm in and out at all hours, but only for a few minutes to an hour at a time. I drop in to check on messages, say what I want to and get out. Usually I see a few names on here, but it's no big deal to me if no one's around when I come in.
Rob - TX Sandman
Midnight Blue Smokers BBQ Team

"...grilling is fun and tasty, but it isn't brain surgery and the patient won't die if you mess up."
Steven Raichlen
paulr USER_AVATAR
Paulr
Rustler

Postby Paulr » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:29 pm

When I'm in here there's usually 1 or 2 peeps online...?
Granted it's noon here and 9 o'clock at night in texas (the previous day!)..

Like now:
In total there are 5 users online :: 2 Registered, 1 Hidden and 2 Guests [ Administrator ] [ Moderator ]
Most users ever online was 64 on Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:28 pm
Registered Users: joe, Paulr
See Me, Feel Me, Touch Me, Beer Me.
Visit the new Australian BBQ Blog: http://www.aussiebbq.info/wp
TL Parnell
Wrangler

Postby TL Parnell » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:32 pm

Well hello there, I'm proud to see that I 'm in the land of the living!! LOL!! I log in at different times, sometimes it is 3 am or 3pm, just depends on what I am doing at the moment! My wife & I are probably going to open a BBQ joint on the Brazos river at Kimball Bend, it has been closed for sometime now, the old dude that had it before did not have regular hours of operation, so I think I may give it a whirl! It is right on the hiway 174 about a 1/2 mile north of Kimball Bend park & the bridge! I'll know more come Monday after I sit down & talk to the man about the rent & such! If I do it & I ain't figgerd out a name yet & I will be open from 10:30 until 7:00 Monday -Saturday, Sunday is the Lord's day! I will try to have beans, cole slaw, tater salad that I make myself, meat will be ribs, sliced, chopped, ham, hotlinks that I have custom made & BBQ bologna. I also make my own sauce too off a recipe that actually came off the Old Chisholm Trail cattle drives according to some history I've read!
paulr USER_AVATAR
Paulr
Rustler

Postby Paulr » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:38 pm

Yep, here's proof that there is (a lot!) of life in this forum:
In total there are 8 users online :: 3 Registered, 1 Hidden and 4 Guests [ Administrator ] [ Moderator ]
Most users ever online was 64 on Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:28 pm
Registered Users: joe, Paulr, TL Parnell

Wonder who's "hidden" someone being shy? :wink:

Sounds great that you're opening a BBQ place...We don't have any down here... Good luck with your venture! :D
See Me, Feel Me, Touch Me, Beer Me.

Visit the new Australian BBQ Blog: http://www.aussiebbq.info/wp
nascarchuck USER_AVATAR
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman

Postby nascarchuck » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:40 pm

TL Parnell wrote:Well hello there, I'm proud to see that I 'm in the land of the living!! LOL!! I log in at different times, sometimes it is 3 am or 3pm, just depends on what I am doing at the moment! My wife & I are probably going to open a BBQ joint on the Brazos river at Kimball Bend, it has been closed for sometime now, the old dude that had it before did not have regular hours of operation, so I think I may give it a whirl! It is right on the hiway 174 about a 1/2 mile north of Kimball Bend park & the bridge! I'll know more come Monday after I sit down & talk to the man about the rent & such! If I do it & I ain't figgerd out a name yet & I will be open from 10:30 until 7:00 Monday -Saturday, Sunday is the Lord's day! I will try to have beans, cole slaw, tater salad that I make myself, meat will be ribs, sliced, chopped, ham, hotlinks that I have custom made & BBQ bologna. I also make my own sauce too off a recipe that actually came off the Old Chisholm Trail cattle drives according to some history I've read!

TL, I hope that the BBQ joint works out for you! I know this is something that you have been wanting to do. Make darn sure that you let us know if it happens and I will be your first customer!

Let me know if you need anything.
Chuck

http://cookinwithchuck.blogspot.com - Updated 01/10/10

TL Parnell
Wrangler

Postby TL Parnell » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:07 pm

Thanks Chuck & all others well wishes! If I do decidee to go for it this one LAST TIME, I will post it on here & TFF with the location & hours of operation, full menu etc. etc.... With my health conditions, I'm not sure if I can handle it anymore or not! I'm gonna think about it & pray on it & go from there!
ratmo USER_AVATAR
Ratmo
Wrangler

Postby Ratmo » Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:36 am

Hey!! Ya'll keep it down in here. I needs my beauty sleep!
Whuts up? :D
dj USER_AVATAR
DJ
Chuck Wagon

Postby DJ » Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:44 am

TJ,
Best wishes for a successful venture!!! Not sure of your location, I grew up about 15 miles from the Brazos in Caldwell, where are you in relation to Caldwell, Bryan/CS? Hoping to get down mid October for a long week-end...cheap airfare, time to fly.....oh, and I log on 3-4 times daily, mostly evenings....we users need to make a habit of hitting the flash chat when here!
DJ
http://djstexasstylebbq.com
Caldwell, Texas Native

Return to “General Discussion”