Watcha Smokin/Drinkin/Cookin This Weekend 7/20 - 7/22

Everything Grilled. We LOVE pictures.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

steercrazy USER_AVATAR
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman

Watcha Smokin/Drinkin/Cookin This Weekend 7/20 - 7/22

Postby SteerCrazy » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:23 am

That time of week again! It's FRIDAY!! We wanna know what's cookin this weekend. Grillin, Smokin, Bakin, Fryin, WE WANNA KNOW!
gator USER_AVATAR
Gator
Sheriff

Postby Gator » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:38 am

Double Busted Briskets for our family reunion!

8)
Gator

"I won't tolerate rude behavior" - Woodrow F Call
BBQBrent
Pilgrim

Postby BBQBrent » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:48 am

We are heading out of town for a fishing trip this weekend and will be packing a couple of nice ribeyes from my butcher to throw on the grill Saturday night at the hotel. The steak thread made me crave one. :)

We also precooked a couple baked potatoes and plan to warm those up on the grill as well. Not to glorious, but for mobile queuin' were not doin too bad. Beats Dairy Queen any day of the week!
Brent Parish
tx sandman USER_AVATAR
TX Sandman
Outlaw

Postby TX Sandman » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:53 am

:twisted: How's a 10 lb picnic shoulder and a and a 10 lb packer brisket sound? I've been wantin' another pulled pork feed, and after a horrible brisket from the outlaws on the 4th, I gotta show 'em how it's done.
Rob - TX Sandman
Midnight Blue Smokers BBQ Team

"...grilling is fun and tasty, but it isn't brain surgery and the patient won't die if you mess up."
Steven Raichlen
osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:56 am

I'm thinking some burgers and grilled chicken. :D
Jim
sloaf USER_AVATAR
Sloaf
Pilgrim

Postby Sloaf » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:36 am

Saturday night going to grill some fish (wife requested Salmon, but we'll see what fresh/right price at the market). Probably some simple herb style.

Wife's friends are also bringing "chicken"... don't even know if they're' cooking it or if I'm supposed to. Shouldn't be much work to dress it up if they bring boneless skinless breasts again. ;)

Also some other usual suspects like Dogs, Tater Salad, Corn OTC.

If I've got time afterward, I'd like to get a butt going that night, but we'll see.
-Sloaf
nascarchuck USER_AVATAR
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman

Postby nascarchuck » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:01 am

Oh... all of this food sure sounds good, but I am afraid that it is bland food for a couple of days because I have only had chicken broth and crackers for several days... :(
Chuck

http://cookinwithchuck.blogspot.com - Updated 01/10/10

bigwheel
Outlaw

Postby bigwheel » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:29 pm

Did a coupla split chickens yesterday on my new toy i.e electrifed Brinkmann Gourmet. Used hickory and apricot chunks. Took about 3 hours to cook em. First slow smoked chicken we had in a long time. Very tasty. Got a half pork loin in the ice box on sale from Kroger 1.99. Might do that for supper today. Cant decide whether to cook it on the Brinkmann or the gasser. I hate making big decisions like that.

bigwheel
bowhnter USER_AVATAR
bowhnter
Chuck Wagon

Postby bowhnter » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:47 pm

bigwheel wrote: Got a half pork loin in the ice box on sale from Kroger 1.99. Might do that for supper today. Cant decide whether to cook it on the Brinkmann or the gasser. I hate making big decisions like that.

bigwheel

I'll make a decision for ya. Use the Brinkman :P

Tonight is some brats with some onions n peppers, tomorrow don't know yet, and Sunday my daughter want some Hamburgers and Dogs for her BDay.
Mike

Primo Oval XL
Grilla Silverbac
Weber 26”, 22”, and Jumbo Joe
Weber Genesis
Ooni Pro Pizza oven
Blackstone 22 and 36
Allie

Postby Allie » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:03 pm

Hawaiian Brats over a campfire tonight. These things are awesome! A little grocery store with an old fashioned meat market near here make them up daily. I've never tasted a brat quite like these!

I think tomorrow will be steaks for dinner.
steercrazy USER_AVATAR
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman

Postby SteerCrazy » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:04 pm

bowhnter wrote:
bigwheel wrote: Got a half pork loin in the ice box on sale from Kroger 1.99. Might do that for supper today. Cant decide whether to cook it on the Brinkmann or the gasser. I hate making big decisions like that.

bigwheel

Tonight is some brats with some onions n peppers, tomorrow don't know yet, and Sunday my daughter want some Hamburgers and Dogs for her BDay.

happy B-Day to your daughter Mike...hope it's a great one! :D
Last edited by SteerCrazy on Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steercrazy USER_AVATAR
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman

Postby SteerCrazy » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:05 pm

Allie wrote:Hawaiian Brats over a campfire tonight. These things are awesome! A little grocery store with an old fashioned meat market near here make them up daily. I've never tasted a brat quite like these!

I think tomorrow will be steaks for dinner.

what exactly does that entail? Do they stuff it with something hawaiian, like pineapple?
bigwheel
Outlaw

Postby bigwheel » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:31 pm

Ok Brinkmann it is...thanks. Only thing is the warden say I got to wait till Sunday to cook it. It trying to rain at my house.

bigwheel

bowhnter wrote:

bigwheel

chilefarmer USER_AVATAR
ChileFarmer
Forum Star

Postby ChileFarmer » Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:54 pm

Brisket for me. Got it on thaw as we speak. Got plenty of lump charcoal, and lots of time. CF
OK, get over it, you lost. God bless America

http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/ee175/ChileFarmer" target="_blank
Lots of Sub folders to.

http://curingandsmoking.blogspot.com/" target="_blank
tx sandman USER_AVATAR
TX Sandman
Outlaw

Postby TX Sandman » Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:31 am

bowhnter wrote:... Sunday my daughter want some Hamburgers and Dogs for her BDay.

Tell her "Happy BDay" from me and mine.

With my kids actin' like heathens, the warden and I have restricted them to the house. No goin' out until they decide to behave themselves, no firends and no restaurants. With that restriction, we decided to do a quick pizza tonight. Nothin' fancy, just storebought dough and sauce with pepperoni and mozarella cheese, cooked in the oven. It was my first homemade one, though, so I'm pretty proud of it. :D

Rob - TX Sandman

Midnight Blue Smokers BBQ Team

"...grilling is fun and tasty, but it isn't brain surgery and the patient won't die if you mess up."

Steven Raichlen

Return to “Grillin and Chillin”