FINALS, Vote for the MVP

Bring it on! This is our online version of BBQ contests.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

Which deserves to be the Most Valuable Picture (MVP)?

Poll ended at Thu May 31, 2007 1:17 pm

T-5001
33%
A-5002
No votes
R-5003
56%
B-5004
11%

Total votes: 18
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

FINALS, Vote for the MVP

Postby DATsBBQ » Wed May 30, 2007 1:17 pm

A hearty thank you to every one who entered but there can be only one MVP.

This Final round will determine the MVP. Our finalist photos are here:
http://www.ncre.biz/Throwdown/MemDay200 ... inals.html

The Poll will run for 24 hours. Good luck to our Finalists
Last edited by DATsBBQ on Thu May 31, 2007 8:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
bowhnter USER_AVATAR
bowhnter
Chuck Wagon

Postby bowhnter » Wed May 30, 2007 1:24 pm

Now it's really tough! I will have to consider this for a while :)
Mike

Primo Oval XL
Grilla Silverbac
Weber 26”, 22”, and Jumbo Joe
Weber Genesis
Ooni Pro Pizza oven
Blackstone 22 and 36
osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Wed May 30, 2007 1:25 pm

Congrats to everyone.Image

This is really a hard choice :scratch: They are all spectacular pics. :D
Jim
perryranch USER_AVATAR
perryranch
Cowboy

Postby perryranch » Wed May 30, 2007 1:28 pm

Dang lookin at all this BBQ is sure making me hungry. Hard choice here, looks like everyone did a great job.
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Wed May 30, 2007 3:27 pm

Talk about cover pictures for Chef magazine. I should have have stuck a copy-write tag on each of the photos!
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
xxfubarxx
Rustler

Postby xxfubarxx » Thu May 31, 2007 5:28 am

OK what are we looking to judge this on ? Picture quality, visual effect, what I'd eat first, or what someone would considered cooked perfect ? Probably should've asked this a day or 2 ago. But saw alot of good food picture in the last few days. Because all are good in my opinion. But If I were sitting at a table and they were all in front of me then the pic doesn't matter for back ground and stuff like that. So kinda hard to pick. I did go with a couple because of the "total picture". Background, food look, and quality of picture. But I also didn't vote on some because of lacking 1 or more of those. Been confused for 2 days. But I would be more than happy to sample any of them.
osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Thu May 31, 2007 6:07 am

I think you got it right. :D It's a little bit of everything that needs to be considered. :D That's what makes it so hard to decide. :D They are all great pics and that is why everyone is saying how hard it has been to choose just one. :D :D
Jim
xxfubarxx
Rustler

Postby xxfubarxx » Thu May 31, 2007 6:28 am

In that case..for me to make an honest judgement please send samples to Houston, Tx 77103....NM not enough time. But I will take samples of rubs, meats, and sauces. LOL I'm still new at this so my judgement is unbiased. So please send !!!!
big mike USER_AVATAR
Big Mike
Cowboy

Postby Big Mike » Thu May 31, 2007 6:34 am

I judged the meat only on which one I would want to pick up and eat. My understanding is it was about the meat.
Mike

Eagle River BBQ
mel USER_AVATAR
mel
Bandolero

Postby mel » Thu May 31, 2007 6:39 am

all looks fantastick hard choce good job. :D
MELs We have you covered
www.mels-bbq-covers.com
made in the USA

1-800-569-3592
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Thu May 31, 2007 9:55 am

If it were a traditional Q contest, we'd have certified judges and the whole shambang. But it ain't and we don't. We shot down the idea of creating guidelines in favor of keeping it simple. Knowing that most of us aren't certified judges, and will make our picks based on personal biases we left it as what looks best to you or some variation on that.

Feedback is always welcome as we are still "dialing" these contests in. Hope that helps.
Deputy Dave

xxfubarxx
Rustler

Postby xxfubarxx » Thu May 31, 2007 10:16 am

Yeah it's a hard choice. Some picks are great and some made me lick the monitor. Still trying to get the slobber off of it. K since it's just a "pick one" contest...I still can't decide. It's all wonderful.
copkid USER_AVATAR
copkid
Chuck Wagon

Postby copkid » Thu May 31, 2007 11:04 am

Very hard choice! I just simply had to go by the food I wanted to grab first and take a big bite!!
OUtstanding job to everyone!
Laura
Laura

In Valor, There is Hope
-Tacitus

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulders, and your hand over my mouth!
pcolamike USER_AVATAR
pcolamike
Pilgrim
Location: Currently Pensacola, FL but Fort Worth will allways be home

Postby pcolamike » Thu May 31, 2007 12:20 pm

Well since I didn't make it to the finals, I'll ad my 2 cents. Being my first throw down. I know it's only the second one anyway. I think it was great fun. Not just the posting and voting, but the cooking and eating as well. Too bad y'all couldn't share in the eating part here in Pensacola. Between the Butt, the Ribs, and the Prime Rib, it's going to be a few more days before I can cook again, not to mention get up off the sofa. My entries didn't quite get shown in their best light. I mean that literally, the Florescent tubes in the kitchen were terrible for photography. I've learned my lesson, and will take that into the next Throw Down. By the way, when might that be... the 4th, or Labor day, maybe? BRING IT ON!
:slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap:
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Thu May 31, 2007 12:23 pm

pcolamike wrote:Well since I didn't make it to the finals, I'll ad my 2 cents. Being my first throw down. I know it's only the second one anyway. I think it was great fun. Not just the posting and voting, but the cooking and eating as well. Too bad y'all couldn't share in the eating part here in Pensacola. Between the Butt, the Ribs, and the Prime Rib, it's going to be a few more days before I can cook again, not to mention get up off the sofa. My entries didn't quite get shown in their best light. I mean that literally, the Florescent tubes in the kitchen were terrible for photography. I've learned my lesson, and will take that into the next Throw Down. By the way, when might that be... the 4th, or Labor day, maybe? BRING IT ON!
:slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap:

It's a hot topic of discussion, kind of.... Should have some news on that soon :shock: :lol: :wink:
Deputy Dave

Return to “TBBQF Throw Downs”