Deputy JamesB - Passed away this afternoon

This is a where news and announcements are posted and questions on how to use the forum.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

BigDave
Bandolero

Re: Deputy JamesB - Passed away this afternoon

Postby BigDave » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:47 pm

Such a tragic loss. I had the good fortune to meet James a few times at BBQ comps. I met him years ago at the Irving competition when he came out to visit us and Bigwheel. The most recent was in Keller. James was a joy to be around and loved anything to do with BBQ. All us bretheren in BBQ have truly lost a great friend. Prayers lifted up for the family.
wbbq USER_AVATAR
WBBQ
Bandolero

Postby WBBQ » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:10 pm

I'm speechless. He seemed to be a very nice guy and I was looking forward to meeting him in February at a comp.
His family will be in my prayers.

Weldon
Last edited by WBBQ on Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Weldon

Lone Star Grillz Large Cabinet Smoker
Old Country Pecos Smoker
Blaz'n Grill Works Grid Iron Pellet Smoker
Monolith BBQ Guru Edition Kamado Smoker
Sunterra 36" Santa Maria Grill
Weber Gas Grill
newbq USER_AVATAR
NewBQ
Outlaw

Postby NewBQ » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:38 pm

I just don't know what to say..When I joined this forum I was very exited to talk with so many good people who were willing to share their knowlege.

James would go a litle further than most, after seeing my post about needing to learn how real ribs are made James invited me to a cook he and his friend Kevin were doing.

I spent the day with The two of them cookin, laughin, and drinkin. The man definitely knew how to cook BBQ, how to treat people, and how to have a great time. I left that night with a few good lessons, a couple new friends and some really great ribs!

My deepest regrets to James' family and friends for their loss. James was a good man with a big heart!

Andy
cokeguy101 USER_AVATAR
cokeguy101
Bandolero

Postby cokeguy101 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:21 pm

I feel like I have lost a good friend, even though we never met face to face. James always took in new people to this site and had good solid advice to give! He was always willing to share any secret he thought might help others! No secrets with JamesB! He will be truely be missed!

I know his family is going through a rough time. I have lost several loved ones in my life, and its a long healing process. If any one here is doing or organizing anything to help his family let me know I would be more than happy to help out!

RIP JAMESB
High On Smoke BBQ
Family+Friends+Cooking = Good Times

R&O Fat Girl
Smokemaster off set with vertical
Large Big Green Egg
2 Hasty Bakes
gator pit USER_AVATAR
gator pit
Pilgrim

Postby gator pit » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:38 pm

I have lost a very good friend. james and I go way back we worked together for many years at DFW airport. We had many good times especially our two annual parties. the fourth of july bbq cook outs were always a blast! lots of cooking and drinking what james like to do best.

PS ( I LOVE YOU MAN )
danny USER_AVATAR
Danny
Wrangler

Postby Danny » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:30 pm

I am in shock and extremely sad to here about our brother, James. He was one of the first ones to welcome me to this forum and said that I had helped him a lot when he was a rookie learning bbq. James always said he was going to get out here and visit me at the bbq joint (restaurant) one of these days. I told him I had an apron waiting for him, a pile of pecan wood and a big ol' Oyler pit to cook and play with. Guess that day has come to pass and we will now cook together with the Great Pit Master in the sky. God Bless you, my friend, and your beautiful family.

Danny G.
Carlsbad, New Mexico
nascarchuck USER_AVATAR
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman

Postby nascarchuck » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:37 pm

copkid wrote:Maybe we can put up a special colored light (s) for James this Christmas season. In the world of law enforcement, we encourage blue lights in honor of those who have given their lives in the LOD and to honor those who still serve. Maybe we can all put up a red light, decorate a bush in red lights or something in honor of James.

Was at Target tonight with my wife. I looked for some red lights and they didnt have any... Will try Walmart, Garden Ridge, Lowes tomorrow...
Chuck

http://cookinwithchuck.blogspot.com - Updated 01/10/10

cowboydon USER_AVATAR
cowboydon
Retired Lawman

Postby cowboydon » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:47 pm

Just saw this post, and I am shocked and saddened that I (along with everyone else) will not see
James advice to us newbies. He was a very sharing man and that will be missed greatly.
CowboyDon
Garland, Texas :texas:
Check out my BBQ @
https://www.instagram.com/alltherealbbq/
alltherealbbq
Ox190
Bandolero

Postby Ox190 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:03 pm

I've been sitting here since I got home from James' viewing tonight just thinking. Like I told Bluz it just doesnt seem real that he's gone. In the blink of an eye a seemingly healthy 43 year old man is gone. Be sure you've told all of those you love, just how much you love them because you never know when your numbers gonna get called.
Custom vertical offset.
gator pit USER_AVATAR
gator pit
Pilgrim

Postby gator pit » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:15 pm

ox190 very true i too just got home from jame's viewing it does not seem real. he was a very good friend and i was glad that lot of his fiend's came to see him. yes be sure you've told all of those you love, just how much you love them.

ps JAMES ( I LOVE YOU MAN )
sterno USER_AVATAR
Sterno
Cowboy

Postby Sterno » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:07 am

Oh no! I can't believe this. We were just planning to send a Christmas greeting to James and his family. :(

We were fortunate enough to meet James last summer here in Frankfurt. He was just the nicest guy ever!

Our thoughts and prayers are with his family.

Sterno
simon USER_AVATAR
simon
Outlaw

Postby simon » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:11 am

I can´t believe it. I was the last days quite busy, so I read it toady.

I´m shocked. James was one of the greatest guys and BBQer ever.

My prayers are for his family.
Greetings

Simon
copkid USER_AVATAR
copkid
Chuck Wagon

Postby copkid » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:17 am

Sterno wrote:Oh no! I can't believe this. We were just planning to send a Christmas greeting to James and his family. :(

We were fortunate enough to meet James last summer here in Frankfurt. He was just the nicest guy ever!

Our thoughts and prayers are with his family.

Sterno

Sterno,
I know that his family would still love to hear from you and maybe get any pics that you two had taken together in Germany! I remember you two getting to meet, and that was so cool! Please still send a card to his family. It will be treasured, I assure you!
Laura

In Valor, There is Hope
-Tacitus

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulders, and your hand over my mouth!
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:03 pm

I attended the funeral today and they had a video slide presentation of James' life running included in it were slides of our get togethers here and a shot of Sterno and James in Frankfort. Very good service but I am still have a hard time dealing with this. I feel so sorry for his wife and daughters.
tarde venientibus ossa....
nascarchuck USER_AVATAR
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman

Postby nascarchuck » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:12 pm

I thought the slide show was a good tribute to James as well as the entire service was.

I'm like you Tom, I just cant believe it...
Chuck

http://cookinwithchuck.blogspot.com - Updated 01/10/10

Return to “TBBQF News, Announcements & Help Using the Forum”