Deputy JamesB - Passed away this afternoon

This is a where news and announcements are posted and questions on how to use the forum.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

kevinv USER_AVATAR
kevinv
Rustler

Re: Deputy JamesB - Passed away this afternoon

Postby kevinv » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:18 pm

All I can say is that is very sad news. I never met him in person, but anytime I post a question, he seemed to chime in whith advice and help. He will be missed by us all.
copkid USER_AVATAR
copkid
Chuck Wagon

Postby copkid » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:47 pm

Papa Tom wrote:
copkid wrote:I'm with you Toby and everyone else. Didn't sleep well last night, and up early. I've lost too many people suddenly and without warning, and I know what his family is going to go through, and will lift them in prayer constantly. While we may never know 'why', I've learned that God is able to handle those questions, and the anger, the seemingly 'unfairness' of such a good person being taken away too soon. The family and friends left behind have the hardest part of it all. Out of nowhere, family and friends get thrown into this club of 'survivors'.
Maybe we can put up a special colored light (s) for James this Christmas season. In the world of law enforcement, we encourage blue lights in honor of those who have given their lives in the LOD and to honor those who still serve. Maybe we can all put up a red light, decorate a bush in red lights or something in honor of James. It gives us a sense of being able to do something to remember him, especially those of us who will not be able to attend his funeral.
Laura

Laura I put up blue lights last year at your suggestion and again this year bought a set for that purpose. James gave me heck because he had such a hard time backing down my driveway at night and I told him I was going to put up landscape lights on the drive and call them "Bennett Lights". Well that statement is going to be fulfilled.

Thanks PT. I'm bawling now. I've just been thinking about him and his family all day. My heart just breaks for them...

Thank
Laura

In Valor, There is Hope
-Tacitus

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulders, and your hand over my mouth!
tx sandman USER_AVATAR
TX Sandman
Outlaw

Postby TX Sandman » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:27 pm

I just found out about James. I hated missing the get-togethers, but I felt there would be a "next time" to meet everyone. Now, it's too late for me to meet James.

James was one of those guys who personifies the spirit of the BBQ world. Always friendly and ready with a hand or advice, or just an ear, if that's what was needed. My deepest condolences to his family on their loss.

Laura, I'm getting some red lights to put up in honor of James. They'll be wrapped around my smoker and placed on the front porch.

God bless, James. Rest in peace.
Rob - TX Sandman
Midnight Blue Smokers BBQ Team

"...grilling is fun and tasty, but it isn't brain surgery and the patient won't die if you mess up."
Steven Raichlen
mgwerks USER_AVATAR
mgwerks
Bandolero

Postby mgwerks » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:45 am

Exactly my thoughts, Rob - one red-lit smoker is my next project.

James was one of the many on this board that I have not had the opportunity to meet but always hoped to at some point. I have learned from him and now can never give him thanks. Our prayers will go out to his family for their uplifting. Let's all use the opportunity this provides to let out loved ones know how we truly feel, while the ability remains to do so.
Visit my Cooking Blog.

The Armada:
22.5" WSM
MES 30" shorty
42"x24" & 36"x16" stick burners
1966 CharBroil charcoal grill
Weber 18 1/2" Silver
Sam's 32-inch Stainless gas grill (it was free!)
mechnech USER_AVATAR
Mechnech
Bandolero

Postby Mechnech » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:38 am

That is sure a shocking bit of news, I had the pleasure to meet James once and he was truly a great man to meet. Prayers for his family and friends. Red lights on the pit it is.
Shop built Reverse Flow Smoker
UDS
Weber Genesis E-320
More CI than I can carry
highpockets77
Wrangler

Postby highpockets77 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:40 am

just heard about jamesb never met him but from watching the video of bluz,s get together he was agreat guy with many friends he will be missed but just remember he is a better place prayers for the family sent from south arkansas
kenz51 USER_AVATAR
Kenz51
Rustler

Postby Kenz51 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:37 pm

Gator, You and I spoke on the Phone Fri. am, and I Mentioned JamesB, You talked about what a Great Person he is(was). That was before we knew of his passing. He invited me to a future gathering of BBQ fanatics, I was really looking forward to meeting Him and many Others! We Never know when our "Expiration Date" is, We should live life to the fullest, and enjoy our Friends with the Same Zest! God Bless his Family and Friends that are left with a void in their Life............
Friedrich Commercial SS Smoker Highly Modified! added a SS Firebox lined with firebrick
burnt food dude USER_AVATAR
Burnt Food Dude
Bandolero

Postby Burnt Food Dude » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:03 pm

Thoughts and prayers for him and his family.
"All who wander are not lost.

Sometimes they just can't remember where they parked their car
."

Da Dude's new blog
lazyzbbq USER_AVATAR
LazyzBBQ
Wrangler

Postby LazyzBBQ » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:14 pm

special thoughts and prayers go out to james' family, i am still in just a great deal of shock. James was a very nice man and every time i saw him, he had a big smile and was always ready to lend a hand no matter the chore. i feel very fortunate to have had the pleasure to meet and get to know james and in just a short time. James im sure is now cooking in the big leagues and he will be deeply missed!
-=Lazy=-
Roxy
Pilgrim

Postby Roxy » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:49 pm

As many have said, James as a good friend you never met.

I knew James from another forum..

He will be sorely missed.
If y'all go away hunger, its yo own dang fault...

3 - ProBBQ Frontiers
ProBBQ Excel 20
WSM With ProBBQ stacker
Chargriller
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:05 am

Just heard this song on XM radio (direct tv) and thought it surmised what I've been thinking. I think you will too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQy8BrDKViY

Toby kicks it again.
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
b_gail
Pilgrim

Postby b_gail » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:59 am

I would like to sincerely thank everyone who has said such kind things about my brother, James. Our family appreciates your friendship to James and your loving prayers. Keeping his memory alive on here would mean the world to us.
Brenda
copkid USER_AVATAR
copkid
Chuck Wagon

Postby copkid » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:50 am

b_gail wrote:I would like to sincerely thank everyone who has said such kind things about my brother, James. Our family appreciates your friendship to James and your loving prayers. Keeping his memory alive on here would mean the world to us.
Brenda

Brenda,
I'm so glad that you stopped by the forum! I am so sorry for you and your family's loss in such a kind and great man! We are so fortunate that we here at the forum were able to share in a small part of his life, and he will always be missed. He will always be a part of our forum family and will never be forgotten!
We hope that you continue to stop by and visit with us when you can.
Laura
Laura

In Valor, There is Hope

-Tacitus

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulders, and your hand over my mouth!
nascarchuck USER_AVATAR
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman

Postby nascarchuck » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:38 am

Brenda, thanks for taking the time to come by. James will certainly be missed around here as well as several other BBQ forums.

I know of at least 4 other BBQ forums that are aware of his passing and each one of them have several pages of condolences. These are folks from as close as the DFW area to other countries worldwide.

James really got around and had many friends!

I know that someday James will be waiting for us at the pearly gates with a smile on his face standing in front of his smoker wearing his apron and extending a plate of ribs to welcome to us...
Chuck

http://cookinwithchuck.blogspot.com - Updated 01/10/10

Lynn
Rustler

Postby Lynn » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:40 am

Sad News - I only met James recently and had the pleasure of visiting with him at the Kennedale C/O - he has been helpful to a lot of newcomers with some of his advise.

Our thoughts and prayers are with his family at this time of grief - R I P James.

Return to “TBBQF News, Announcements & Help Using the Forum”