Deputy JamesB - Passed away this afternoon

This is a where news and announcements are posted and questions on how to use the forum.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

stan41 USER_AVATAR
Stan41
Bandolero

Re: Deputy JamesB - Passed away this afternoon

Postby Stan41 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:19 am

How very sad and shocking. While I never met James except through the forums I felt I knew and thought highly of him. Prayers for the family.
Stan
Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
atcnick USER_AVATAR
atcNick
Outlaw

Postby atcNick » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:45 am

I'm sure he's upstairs catering the Big Guy's upcoming birthday!!
-Nick

Custom R&O Offset
Lang 84D w/Chargriller SOLD
Weber Performer
22" Weber One Touch Gold Kettle
18" Weber Smokey Mountain
Weber Smokey Joe
bowhnter USER_AVATAR
bowhnter
Chuck Wagon

Postby bowhnter » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:12 am

After the initial shock last night, and the further reality this morning, I have been sitting here for the last 20 minutes trying to put my thoughts into words and can't. I am just sad that I never met James.

I have known James through the various forums for the better part of 4 years. I have always enjoyed his posts and his willingness to help people.
I always liked to see the pictures and hear about his travels for work too.

More thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.
Mike

Primo Oval XL
Grilla Silverbac
Weber 26”, 22”, and Jumbo Joe
Weber Genesis
Ooni Pro Pizza oven
Blackstone 22 and 36
BAR "G" BBQ
Outlaw

Postby BAR "G" BBQ » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:36 am

Just recieved this tragic news from Bluz; I am in total shock. I just don't know what to say. Prayers and more prayers for JamesB family and many friends.
BAR "G"
scotty da q USER_AVATAR
Scotty Da Q
Cowboy

Postby Scotty Da Q » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:38 am

Such sad news. My thoughts go out to his family n friends.
Regards,
Scotty
larry wolfe USER_AVATAR
Larry Wolfe
Cowboy

Postby Larry Wolfe » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:41 am

I never met James, but loved reading his posts and looking at his pic's......even though I never met him, I could tell he was a great giving guy.....I remember him cooking and giving his neighbors BBQ as gifts, etc. What a great neighbor! The BBQ World has lost a good guy! God bless James and his family.
Larry Wolfe
---------------------

Visit The Wolfe Pit
rich777 USER_AVATAR
Rich777
Chuck Wagon

Postby Rich777 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:46 am

Like everyone here, I'm in total shock and heartbroken. I never had the pleasure of meeting James in person but through this forum I always thought of him as a friend. Our prayers go out to his wife and daughters and many friends.
a stumpted toe hurts
jack2u2 USER_AVATAR
JaCK2U2
Chuck Wagon

Postby JaCK2U2 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:54 am

Nothing much more to say that all the others have not already stated. Although I never personally met him, I feel like I have lost a friend. How sad that after all those years of travel, he comes home to be taken on his longest trip ever. My prayers and thoughts will be for his familly during this difficult time. You'll be missed, James!
Jack
Jr. C's BBQ
http://www.jrcsbbqandseasonings.com" target="_blank

Homemade upright drum smoker
Backwoods Party
GSW upright (now deceased)
nice gas grill
Weber 27" grill
Weber rotisserie
tex_toby USER_AVATAR
tex_toby
Deputy

Postby tex_toby » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:26 am

I as well can't really wrap my brain around this today, I sometimes have trouble expressing emotions, but music is a good avenue for me. There is a song for everything. Toby Keith's "Crying for Me" fits this situation quite well. I gave my wife and kids and extra hug and kiss and told them how much I loved them today. You never know when it's your turn. Already missing you my friend.

tex
20" x 40" Party Gator Pit
Custom Mobile Stick Burner
Summerset TRL 32" Built-In Grill
Weber Q2200
48" Custom Firepit
Bertello Pizza Oven

I can't always please everybody. I'm not bacon.
limey USER_AVATAR
limey
Deputy

Postby limey » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:02 am

I couldn't believe it when Big Ed called me about James passing, what a shock. Got to meet James on a couple of occasions and he was just like he is on the forumn, super nice dude. James was a special man that always tried to help out others. Thoughts and prayers for his family.
How bout some more beans Mr.Taggert? I'd say you've had enough!
R & O Custom Trailer
Weber 22.5 Gold
Weber 22.5 Smoky Mountain
Oklahoma Joe Longhorn Edition
Limey BBQ Co. Competition Team
copkid USER_AVATAR
copkid
Chuck Wagon

Postby copkid » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:02 am

I'm with you Toby and everyone else. Didn't sleep well last night, and up early. I've lost too many people suddenly and without warning, and I know what his family is going to go through, and will lift them in prayer constantly. While we may never know 'why', I've learned that God is able to handle those questions, and the anger, the seemingly 'unfairness' of such a good person being taken away too soon. The family and friends left behind have the hardest part of it all. Out of nowhere, family and friends get thrown into this club of 'survivors'.
Maybe we can put up a special colored light (s) for James this Christmas season. In the world of law enforcement, we encourage blue lights in honor of those who have given their lives in the LOD and to honor those who still serve. Maybe we can all put up a red light, decorate a bush in red lights or something in honor of James. It gives us a sense of being able to do something to remember him, especially those of us who will not be able to attend his funeral.
Laura
Laura

In Valor, There is Hope
-Tacitus

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulders, and your hand over my mouth!
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:21 am

copkid wrote:I'm with you Toby and everyone else. Didn't sleep well last night, and up early. I've lost too many people suddenly and without warning, and I know what his family is going to go through, and will lift them in prayer constantly. While we may never know 'why', I've learned that God is able to handle those questions, and the anger, the seemingly 'unfairness' of such a good person being taken away too soon. The family and friends left behind have the hardest part of it all. Out of nowhere, family and friends get thrown into this club of 'survivors'.
Maybe we can put up a special colored light (s) for James this Christmas season. In the world of law enforcement, we encourage blue lights in honor of those who have given their lives in the LOD and to honor those who still serve. Maybe we can all put up a red light, decorate a bush in red lights or something in honor of James. It gives us a sense of being able to do something to remember him, especially those of us who will not be able to attend his funeral.
Laura

Laura I put up blue lights last year at your suggestion and again this year bought a set for that purpose. James gave me heck because he had such a hard time backing down my driveway at night and I told him I was going to put up landscape lights on the drive and call them "Bennett Lights". Well that statement is going to be fulfilled.
tarde venientibus ossa....
cliff h. USER_AVATAR
Cliff H.
Pilgrim

Postby Cliff H. » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:07 pm

Very sad news. Very sad.

I always enjoyed reading James' post.
_______

Cliff
rich777 USER_AVATAR
Rich777
Chuck Wagon

Postby Rich777 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:03 pm

Friends,

For those of us who are unable to attend James' funeral service but would like to send flowers or a memorial. Go to the link below.
www.brownmem.com On the homepage go to Memories Flowers, then type in Irving Texas. The flower shops' number is 800-922-5440.
Many, many prayers for James' family and friends.
a stumpted toe hurts
jack2u2 USER_AVATAR
JaCK2U2
Chuck Wagon

Postby JaCK2U2 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:05 pm

Laura, I don't normally decorate for Christmas, but I like your idea. I will buy a couple of strands of red lights and put them up around my porch in memory of James.
Jack
Jr. C's BBQ
http://www.jrcsbbqandseasonings.com" target="_blank

Homemade upright drum smoker
Backwoods Party
GSW upright (now deceased)
nice gas grill
Weber 27" grill
Weber rotisserie

Return to “TBBQF News, Announcements & Help Using the Forum”