1 Week Left

Bring it on! This is our online version of BBQ contests.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

1 Week Left

Postby DATsBBQ » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:47 pm

Entries can be submitted for only one more week before the Poll goes up. All members cept'n me can place an entry. So, bring 'em on! If you don't get a reply from me within 4 business hours that I got your entry best try again or contact one of the other Deputies (no pic attached) and ask if Deputy Dave got ran over by pigasauris or something :lol: May the best Pork Pic Win :D
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
jamesb USER_AVATAR
JamesB
Retired Lawman

Re: 1 Week Left

Postby JamesB » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:35 pm

Still got every intention of sending in an entry! Just gotta stop raining for a bit so I can get to the wood pile etc.
kenny 13 USER_AVATAR
Kenny 13
Outlaw

Postby Kenny 13 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:20 am

I was gonna send in a picture of the spares I cooked on Sunday but I wasn't happy with any of the pics I took. I'm really having issues getting good pictures with the lighting in my kitchen. Not the greatest photographer either :lol:
Large Big Green Egg
Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold

What's On The Grill?
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:06 am

Kenny 13 wrote:I was gonna send in a picture of the spares I cooked on Sunday but I wasn't happy with any of the pics I took. I'm really having issues getting good pictures with the lighting in my kitchen. Not the greatest photographer either :lol:

There are several free to cheap software packages out there where you can adjust the brightness of a photo to compensate somewhat for operator errors 8)
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
wbbq USER_AVATAR
WBBQ
Bandolero

Postby WBBQ » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:15 am

Kenny 13 wrote:I was gonna send in a picture of the spares I cooked on Sunday but I wasn't happy with any of the pics I took. I'm really having issues getting good pictures with the lighting in my kitchen. Not the greatest photographer either :lol:

Sounds a bit like myself :oops: One more try this weekend :mrgreen:

Weldon
Weldon

Lone Star Grillz Large Cabinet Smoker
Old Country Pecos Smoker
Blaz'n Grill Works Grid Iron Pellet Smoker
Monolith BBQ Guru Edition Kamado Smoker
Sunterra 36" Santa Maria Grill
Weber Gas Grill
kenny 13 USER_AVATAR
Kenny 13
Outlaw

Postby Kenny 13 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:17 am

DATsBBQ wrote:

There are several free to cheap software packages out there where you can adjust the brightness of a photo to compensate somewhat for operator errors 8)

Yeah, and I have some software that came with my camera to do that. I may play around with it and see if I can get one to look a little better. Of course, I still have some pork loin in the freezer and that would be a good excuse to just cook more :lol:

I really think some of my photography issues would be solved if I had a good wooden cutting board for a background with the fluorescent lighting in my kitchen. That white board on white counters with the fluorescent lighting is just too bright, but if I turn off the flash I end up casting a shadow over everything and making it too dark. I may be able to brighten up one of those dark ones with better results though. If nothing else, that wooden cutting board would make a better looking background.
Large Big Green Egg
Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold

What's On The Grill?
reddragon72
Pilgrim

Postby reddragon72 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:19 pm

Kenny your background issues of to much white is cause your not thinking change/add in the photography world :-) you can change that in one of two ways, you can go and get some poster board and mold it to your counter top to give it the look of a real counter top, get a different color of course, or you can setup a dark brown bed sheet on the counter and mess around with it to get different angles to the sheet and allow it to just lay there, that'll change your picture environment. that will also help with your lighting. To also help you lighting you need to diffuse it, once again some poster board, this time white, or even better a white sheet and hang it between the light and you. this will cause all the light to bounce other directions, with the poster board, or spread the light out, with the thin white sheet, allowing softer shadows and almost completely doing away with your shadow that you cast. It sounds like a lot, but it is really only a two second fix and works great for cheap at home photography shooting.

Also adding more lights from lamps behind the sheet can also change the lighting and greatly increase your picture quality by allowing the light in. In photography any picture that is "bleached" or "over exposed" cannot be saved, but a picture that seems a little to dark can be enhanced greatly by post picture programs.

if that is to out of here for you then do this, take the plate out to the trunk of your car, or any car and put the plate in there and take the pic in the middle of the day, the trunk will diffuse all light and allow the camera to adjust for the objects light and not the surrounding light. Clean out the trunk of course :lol:
jamesb USER_AVATAR
JamesB
Retired Lawman

Postby JamesB » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:17 pm

I sure as heck ain't no photographer, but I do take pics of almost anything I make for not keeping purposes... You can easily alter your pics using many of the on-line photo hosting web sites too... Photobucket has several tools available. Also, you can change your picture envinronment easy enough... Plate your food, set it on foil, butchers paper etc. Have someone hold up a piece of fabric to filter your light etc. Good luck! Hope to see you with an entry in the throwdown!
cokeguy101 USER_AVATAR
cokeguy101
Bandolero

Postby cokeguy101 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:55 pm

I did some spares at the cook off I can enter I guess. I forgot to put sauce on them so they did not hit but hey it's about all I got, lol.
High On Smoke BBQ
Family+Friends+Cooking = Good Times

R&O Fat Girl
Smokemaster off set with vertical
Large Big Green Egg
2 Hasty Bakes
jamesb USER_AVATAR
JamesB
Retired Lawman

Postby JamesB » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:11 pm

cokeguy101 wrote:I did some spares at the cook off I can enter I guess. I forgot to put sauce on them so they did not hit but hey it's about all I got, lol.

It's usually best to not tell what your going to enter since it's a 'blind' judging type of contest.
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:13 pm

Reminder,
All pics must have the word PORK written on the back of a white business card somewhere in the pic. So far everyone has remembered this, so lets keep it on track. 8)
Deputy Dave

cokeguy101 USER_AVATAR
cokeguy101
Bandolero

Postby cokeguy101 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:31 pm

Gotcha, did not know that...thanks for looking out for the rookie

JamesB wrote:
cokeguy101 wrote:I did some spares at the cook off I can enter I guess. I forgot to put sauce on them so they did not hit but hey it's about all I got, lol.

It's usually best to not tell what your going to enter since it's a 'blind' judging type of contest.
High On Smoke BBQ
Family+Friends+Cooking = Good Times

R&O Fat Girl
Smokemaster off set with vertical
Large Big Green Egg
2 Hasty Bakes
3 star redneck USER_AVATAR
3 star redneck
Chuck Wagon

Postby 3 star redneck » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:03 pm

Am going to try to use my Jack pork entry if I can get them developd and figure out how to do it? :shock: :roll:
R&O Custom Offset....It rocks!!!!
http://www.redneckcooker.com

Hook Em' Horns

Return to “TBBQF Throw Downs”