TD Ordinances (rules) reminder.

Bring it on! This is our online version of BBQ contests.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

TD Ordinances (rules) reminder.

Postby DATsBBQ » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:48 pm

Before you take that perfect pic, take a minute and peruse the rules and take heed as not to set yourself up for a disappointment 8)

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1338

Some lessons learned:
If you have ribs and brisket together in a pic, it can't be entered into either Ribs or Big Hunks of Meat but can be entered into Anything Goes.

Writing across the front, top or bottom of a pic or a "frame" a round a pic is considered marking and won't be allow in the Throw Down

You can take a look at past winning entries viewtopic.php?f=26&t=5827 to get a feel for what the membership voted was the best entry in past ThrowDowns.

As always, if you're not sure about something seek out a Deputy and ask.

And since no one knows what Spam is made of, a picture of Smoked Spam is an Any Thing Goes thingy :lol: 8)
Spam.JPG
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
newbq USER_AVATAR
NewBQ
Outlaw

Re: TD Ordinances (rules) reminder.

Postby NewBQ » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:16 pm

I think I got it Dats but you might be hearing from me.
steercrazy USER_AVATAR
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman

Postby SteerCrazy » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:21 am

thanks for the update Dats.....that link is also provided in the 4th of July Throwdown thread just so everyone is up to speed :D
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:10 pm

NewBQ wrote:I think I got it Dats but you might be hearing from me.

Hey NewB if you need any help gettin' DQ'd just page me......
tarde venientibus ossa....
super8mm USER_AVATAR
super8mm
Cowboy

Postby super8mm » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:14 pm

Dat is this a pretty close way these have been catagorized?

Super Bowl 2007 Puff from Warren, Michigan 4.) Anything Goes
Throwdown II-Memorial Day 2007 Scotty Da Q from Fairfax, Vermont 2.) Reebs,
Throwdown III-End of Dog Days 2007 Papa Tom from Peters Colony, Texas 1.) Big Hunks of Meat
Throwdown IV-Super Bowl 2008 - Larry Wolfe 1.) Big Hunks of Meat
Labor Day ThrowDown2008 -bowhnter - Frisco, Tx 3.) Things with Wings
Thanksgiving Special 08 - tex_toby - Sherman, Texas 1.) Big Hunks of Meat
"He was ugly, strong and had dignity" by Marion Robert Morrison
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:04 pm

If memory serves, and it sometimes doesn't, I don't think we had categories in the first Throw Down. Other than that I think you are correct.

Now the Deputies don't enter the Throw Downs even though we only have one vote like everyone else. I mention this to set up the following observations.

In my opinion, not speaking for the Sheriff or other Deputies to be clear, it appears to me that the winner has had a picture that could be in a print ad or something you might see in a magazine next to a recipe. No distracting stuff in the background like a cats paw or dirty dishes. Color is important too. I saw a show on "food artists" and in that show the colors of blue and yellow as far a plates are concerned are to be avoided at all costs.

I don't think that any given category is better that others. If you're not sure then enter each of them. I've agreed with the forums choice more often than not, but the majority rules when it comes to Throw Downs 8)

The important thing is that this Throw Down is meant to be FUN and not be an audition for the next BBQ Photographer Star :lol:

I could go on but sometimes its better to shut up. Anyone can PM me (or the other Deputies) with questions.
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee

Return to “TBBQF Throw Downs”