Brinkmann Smoke‘N Pit Pitmaster Deluxe

Custom manufactured BBQ Pits, Do-it-Yourself projects, parts and ideas.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

andyivey USER_AVATAR
AndyIvey
Pilgrim

Brinkmann Smoke‘N Pit Pitmaster Deluxe

Postby AndyIvey » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:46 am

My smoker is a Brinkmann Smoke‘N Pit Pitmaster Deluxe (link: http://www.brinkmann.net/Shop/Detail.as ... -9&id=2807). I love this smoker, but I have a lot of complaints as well. I’ll start with those.

The firebox is too small for even standard logs from a face cord (16â€
osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:32 am

Almost all offset type smoker require a lot of tending. Usually about every hour for adding a split of wood.
A small hot fire tended about every hour will work better. They are not going to run for several hours using wood splits for fuel.
These type of smokers do better with a charcoal basket and small chunks of wood for the smoke for longer burn times between fueling.
They also need to have some mods done to them to help them work better.
Here's a link for the mods that are most popular....

http://www.bbqinstitute.com/SmokerModifications.pdf
Jim
tex_toby USER_AVATAR
tex_toby
Deputy

Postby tex_toby » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:22 am

I have a Chargriller offset and with a few mods, it has turned out to be a really good smoker for the price. I can get about 4 hours steady burn with it using a charcoal basket. Is it a set it and forget it? No, but I like playing with the fire anyway. Something about the pyro in me! :twisted: People ask me why I don't convert my fireplace at home to gas logs so I don't have to mess with firewood. I like to build a fire and feed it! Where's the fun in gas logs? Anyhow, I'm sure yours can be a cookin' machine with a few tweaks!

tex 8)
20" x 40" Party Gator Pit
Custom Mobile Stick Burner
Summerset TRL 32" Built-In Grill
Weber Q2200
48" Custom Firepit
Bertello Pizza Oven

I can't always please everybody. I'm not bacon.
andyivey USER_AVATAR
AndyIvey
Pilgrim

Postby AndyIvey » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:51 am

Those mods make perfect sense. I have some aluminum flashing sitting around the garage. All I need is some unfinished steel and a couple of thermometers. I think I'll put one on each side of the handle level with the grates. That should help with larger briskets or when rotating chickens and sausages around the grill.

Return to “Custom Built Pits, Build Your Own Pit & Pit Modifications”