smoking wood

Custom manufactured BBQ Pits, Do-it-Yourself projects, parts and ideas.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

pup
Pilgrim

smoking wood

Postby pup » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:27 am

has anyone used persimmion wood to cook with ? or does it put off a gas witch is not good for cooking?
I JUS WUV BAR B Q
bigwheel
Outlaw

Postby bigwheel » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:45 am

Never bumped into none myself but seems like I have heard rumors it cooks good. Dont think it cuz a person to get puckered lips or anything.

bigwheel
jack2u2 USER_AVATAR
JaCK2U2
Chuck Wagon

Postby JaCK2U2 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:29 pm

About Us Fire Wood Home Wholesale Trucking Land Clearing Contact Us QTP Privacy Policy Copyright Pinon Wood Mesquite Wood Hickory Wood Oak Wood Persimmon Wood Willow Wood Cedar Mulch Sand Tubes Ice Melt Packaged Firewood

Persimmon Wood
Smoking Grilling and BBQ Wood

Persimmon is a tree of the ebony family with yellow to orange-red plumlike fruit. The fruit is sour and astringent when green but sweet and edible when ripe

The persimmon grows very slowly and normally only reaches 35 feet tall when 50 years of age. The persimmon grows throughout the Southern United States and is well adapted to mild moist climate.

Through our research we have found that Oklahoma persimmon wood is an excellent wood for smoking fine meats particularly for commercial establishments.

When the wood is used for smoking it passes on the sweet dry taste of the fruit. It is important to use only persimmon wood cut in the early fall from single seed fruit trees just before the fruit fully ripens.

The sweet dry taste it imparts to smoked meat has been reported to double drink orders substantially increasing sales and profit.

Persimmon Wood
Persimmon wood produces a sweet dry taste and is perfect for restaurants and establishments looking to increase their customers drink orders.

• Our persimmon is grade "A"
• Our persimmon is specially cut in small chunks for use in BBQs.

• 35 lb box of Persimmon Wood $45.00 plus UPS.

Click Here to Order

Bulk Mulch
Privacy Policy
Copyright
Contact Us Pinon Wood
Mesquite Wood
Hickory Wood
Oak Wood Home
Wholesale
Trucking
Land Clearing

Copyright 2006, All Rights Reserved
Jack
Jr. C's BBQ
http://www.jrcsbbqandseasonings.com" target="_blank

Homemade upright drum smoker
Backwoods Party
GSW upright (now deceased)
nice gas grill
Weber 27" grill
Weber rotisserie
dj USER_AVATAR
DJ
Chuck Wagon

Postby DJ » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:58 pm

:lol: :lol: You are such a rig! Never seen nuthin ya cooked but I'm envious of your wit, vocabulary and yur mastering of the German language!!! what was that new word ya introduced?, pequito?? what a rig! :lol: :lol:

bigwheel wrote:Never bumped into none myself but seems like I have heard rumors it cooks good. Dont think it cuz a person to get puckered lips or anything.

bigwheel
http://djstexasstylebbq.com
Caldwell, Texas Native
bigwheel
Outlaw

Postby bigwheel » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:23 am

Well glad to gived you a kick and thanks to Jack for that BA in Persimmon Wood. Hoping you taking care of my pal the old Preplexed Opposum up there in the vast wasteland of the Frozen North.

bigwheel
dj USER_AVATAR
DJ
Chuck Wagon

Postby DJ » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:54 pm

Have only seen the possum a cpl times since he departed my building last winter. Wanders over now and then, but we rarely have time to talk. He's currently out of the take-out side of the Q biz and is focused pretty much on just catering which is, by the way, my long term goal. Taking this back to the thread topic, thinkin I'll start lookin fer some persimmon as even tho Jack omitted, it is rumored that it usually grows near the great stands of Shagbark Hickory, which, as you know, is the possums trademark wood of choice. Take care, and yup, most of yur stuff brings me a chuckle or two.
dj

bigwheel wrote:Well glad to gived you a kick and thanks to Jack for that BA in Persimmon Wood. Hoping you taking care of my pal the old Preplexed Opposum up there in the vast wasteland of the Frozen North.

bigwheel
http://djstexasstylebbq.com

Caldwell, Texas Native
pup
Pilgrim

Postby pup » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:07 pm

thanks fo the information. GOD BLESS
I JUS WUV BAR B Q

Return to “Custom Built Pits, Build Your Own Pit & Pit Modifications”