Watcha Smokin/Drinkin/Doin This Weekend 3/02 - 3/04

Everything Grilled. We LOVE pictures.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

steercrazy USER_AVATAR
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman

Watcha Smokin/Drinkin/Doin This Weekend 3/02 - 3/04

Postby SteerCrazy » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:48 am

It's that time of week again! NASCAR Cup is off this weekend but we have Craftsman Trucks and the Busch Series for those Nascar fans. We wanna know what you're up to this weekend, cooking, drinking, grilling, smokin etc..
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

No cook this weekend. Moving from the Mountains of Boulder County to the "flats" of Boulder County. I figure I'll be 20 miles closer to New Mexico! Part 2 b of the master plan 8)
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
big mike USER_AVATAR
Big Mike
Cowboy

Postby Big Mike » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:01 am

Well, I'm definately cookin this weekend. The snow has melted so I am haulin out the smoker. I was gonna just cook me a brisket but that has changed.

I have also picked up a few orders. So far here is what I'm cooking.

Customer 1

1 - Butt
1 - Brisket
1 - Bottle of Big Mike's BBQ Sauce

Customer 2

1/2 - Brisket

Customer 3

1/2 - Brisket
Mike

Eagle River BBQ
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:15 am

Big Mike,
You sell your briskets at $/brisket or $/lbs?
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
big mike USER_AVATAR
Big Mike
Cowboy

Postby Big Mike » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:02 pm

I sell my brisket for $10 lb. However, if you want a whole brisket, I might be willing to offer a bit of a discount.

My pulled pork is $9 lb

Ribs are $18 per slab (Kansas City Cut)

Sauce is $6 per bottle (20 oz)
Mike

Eagle River BBQ
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:30 pm

Big Mike wrote:I sell my brisket for $10 lb. However, if you want a whole brisket, I might be willing to offer a bit of a discount.

My pulled pork is $9 lb

I sell PP at $10/lb. I heard that there is a guy in Denver that cooks 5 or 6 briskets a day. Sells 'em whole at $100 a brisket. When they sell out (in the morning) he closes shop and does it all over again the next day. A Monday-Friday thing.

If you could net $200 for 20 days work, thats 4K/month. I could live on that :wink:
Deputy Dave

steercrazy USER_AVATAR
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman

Postby SteerCrazy » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:14 pm

DATsBBQ wrote:
Big Mike wrote:I sell my brisket for $10 lb. However, if you want a whole brisket, I might be willing to offer a bit of a discount.

My pulled pork is $9 lb

I sell PP at $10/lb. I heard that there is a guy in Denver that cooks 5 or 6 briskets a day. Sells 'em whole at $100 a brisket. When they sell out (in the morning) he closes shop and does it all over again the next day. A Monday-Friday thing.

If you could net $200 for 20 days work, thats 4K/month. I could live on that :wink:

Holy crap :shock: what's he includin I pods with em or something?? jeez and who;s the idiots buyin em at that price?? :shock:
osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:43 pm

Dats-- I saw something about that guy, too. It was about the smoker he built for his business.
SteerCrazy-- that price works out to about $10 per pound for a whole brisket. He cooks whole briskets not flats. Same as what Mike charges.

Might do some chicken this weekend. Have to start planning for the monthly club dinner on the last Wed. of the month. About 60 people. Thinking about smoking port loins-then finish slices on the grill. Cornbread dressing and gravy, green beans and nanner puddin for dessert. But that may change :wink:
Jim
perryranch USER_AVATAR
perryranch
Cowboy

Postby perryranch » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:32 pm

I wanna do some shicky chicky's this weekend. Well if in I'm really honest about I really would rather be in Austin today. Our basketball boys are playing in the regional semi-finals today. Just 2 games away from state playoffs. Last yr we won our very first team sport championship in baseball. But I can't go so I'll be listening to it on the radio.
steercrazy USER_AVATAR
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman

Postby SteerCrazy » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:33 pm

OSD wrote:Dats-- I saw something about that guy, too. It was about the smoker he built for his business.
SteerCrazy-- that price works out to about $10 per pound for a whole brisket. He cooks whole briskets not flats. Same as what Mike charges.

Might do some chicken this weekend. Have to start planning for the monthly club dinner on the last Wed. of the month. About 60 people. Thinking about smoking port loins-then finish slices on the grill. Cornbread dressing and gravy, green beans and nanner puddin for dessert. But that may change :wink:

That makes sense, I overlooked whole briskets and not just packers. Sounds like a good deal (for him) to me!!
big mike USER_AVATAR
Big Mike
Cowboy

Postby Big Mike » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:57 pm

DATsBBQ wrote:

My pulled pork is $9 lb

Yes Sir.
Mike

Eagle River BBQ
steercrazy USER_AVATAR
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman

Postby SteerCrazy » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:01 pm

perryranch wrote:I wanna do some shicky chicky's this weekend. Well if in I'm really honest about I really would rather be in Austin today. Our basketball boys are playing in the regional semi-finals today. Just 2 games away from state playoffs. Last yr we won our very first team sport championship in baseball. But I can't go so I'll be listening to it on the radio.

Wow, that's exciting!! I'm sure you'll be there in smoke :wink:
puff USER_AVATAR
Puff
Bandolero

Postby Puff » Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:57 pm

Work :cry:
scotty da q USER_AVATAR
Scotty Da Q
Cowboy

Postby Scotty Da Q » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 pm

My weekend started early. I took today off, so Thursday was my Friday.

Kicked it off with an awesome Sucklebusters Sirloin on the kettle with grilled asparagus.
ImageImageImage

Tonight grilled cheddar brats with homemade buns.

Tomorrow...Beef back ribs.
Regards,
Scotty
puff USER_AVATAR
Puff
Bandolero

Postby Puff » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:03 pm

Homemade buns :shock:
Do tell 8)

Return to “Grillin and Chillin”