I bought a gas grill - Weber Q320!

Custom manufactured BBQ Pits, Do-it-Yourself projects, parts and ideas.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

sterno USER_AVATAR
Sterno
Cowboy

I bought a gas grill - Weber Q320!

Postby Sterno » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:24 am

I was going to get a WSM. Over the last few days I've been looking around around for them in various shops. I went to play around with one and you know what - there was one major issue I didn't like about it!

I'm 6"4 and 300lbs and those air vents at the bottom were just literally a pain in the butt to get to. I couldn't even see those bloody vents! :oops:

I'm doing low and slow BBQ very happily with my Weber kettle and my missus isn't exactly crazy about smoke flavor on all the food we BBQ.

So, I started to look at gas grills. I felt like getting a Genesis S320 but the darn thing doesn't fit our little patio too well. Or it does, but our big outdoor dining table wouldn't after a big Genesis.

So, to make a long story short - I ended up getting a Weber Q320.

I never ever used a gas grill in my life. I've always been a charcoal/wood man. Well, it took me about 45mins to build the thing up.

Turned it on and I'm amazed how quiet it is and that there is no smoke?!? :)

So what can I grill .. quick look in the fridge and I found some potatoes, onions, sausages and a lamb steak for my missus.

Trying to get used to the temperature controls and I was quite amazed how well my first ever grilling on a gasser went!

Amazingly it even tasted very good.

I'm quite impressed with the Q320. Very small size but still has decent cooking area. Obviously my main cooker will be my OTG kettle but for side dishes or quick sausages etc. this Q320 has definitely got it's place on our patio. Oh, and my missus really likes it as well! :)

Cheers,
Sterno
osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:29 am

It's a Weber, so it should last a long time. Looks like a handy size for the patio. And the best part, the missus likes it and is happy. :D 8) Congrats on the new grill. :D
Jim
bowhnter USER_AVATAR
bowhnter
Chuck Wagon

Postby bowhnter » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:12 am

Congrats on the new grill, and like OSD said, since it's a Weber should last ya. I like that griddle area so you can put cut potatoes, veggies, other small things on without losing them.

You could always build you a UDS and put the air intake valves up a little bit so you could reach them easily. :idea:
Mike

Primo Oval XL
Grilla Silverbac
Weber 26”, 22”, and Jumbo Joe
Weber Genesis
Ooni Pro Pizza oven
Blackstone 22 and 36
jamesb USER_AVATAR
JamesB
Retired Lawman

Postby JamesB » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:32 am

Nice grill... As the others have said 'It's a Weber!'... It should provide many years of service!
honu41
Outlaw

Postby honu41 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:03 am

Sterno... Congrats on your new cooker :). You and your wife will be extremely happy since it fits your requirements and limitations. Like the others said... It should last a long time.

Take care and keep sharin' you pics... :)

a hui hou,
honu41
steercrazy USER_AVATAR
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman

Postby SteerCrazy » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:04 am

Heard good things about that Weber Q, looks great :D
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:41 am

GASSER!!!!!!! :shock: :roll:

Yeah I got one too.......good pick I shoulda got a Weber.
tarde venientibus ossa....

Return to “Custom Built Pits, Build Your Own Pit & Pit Modifications”