new grill

Custom manufactured BBQ Pits, Do-it-Yourself projects, parts and ideas.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

SITNFAT
Pilgrim

new grill

Postby SITNFAT » Sat May 10, 2008 12:22 pm

i just got a new grill it has a smoke box hangin off the left side and would like to know the best way to use it we cook lots of beef ribs and i would like to try to smoke them is it possible with my grill its the long cylinder type.
osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Sat May 10, 2008 2:29 pm

Sure you can smoke them ribs with you new grill. :D For everyone to be able to help or give better advice, some pics of your set-up would really help or a model name and number. That way we will know what type of pit you are dealing with and what advice to give you. :D I'm sure there is someone on the forum with experience with a similar pit. :D :D
Jim
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Sat May 10, 2008 3:21 pm

And Welcome Sitnfat......
tarde venientibus ossa....
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Sun May 11, 2008 9:36 am

Papa Tom wrote:And Welcome Sitnfat......

What Papa said :D +glad you found us. :D
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
jamesb USER_AVATAR
JamesB
Retired Lawman

Postby JamesB » Sun May 11, 2008 10:28 am

Welcome Sitnfat!

As mentioned, we should be able to help ya in anyway ya need... Just a bit more info would really help! Pics would be great or even the dimensions of the pit/firebox...

In general, I do beef ribs just like I would pork spares... I smoke, indirect at aroun 235° until done... A ~5lb rack of beef spares usually takes me about 6 or so hours at this temp. Of course, I don't get to do many beef racks 'cause it's danged hard to find any with meat on 'em!

Here are a few pics of the last beef ribs I got to do about a month ago.

These were done on my UDS, but the same principals apply when I do'em on the offsets... Beef ribs on the left.

Just off the UDS

Sliced and ready to eat!

Good luck to ya!

James.
SITNFAT
Pilgrim

Postby SITNFAT » Sun May 11, 2008 3:42 pm

its a brinkmann grillnsmoke its from wally world but i was in a pinch and needed a grill i will get some pics up of my other gas grills that are being built for me as soon as they are done. the wife uses it i am gonna have a big charcoal one built when the other ets done
SITNFAT
Pilgrim

Postby SITNFAT » Mon May 19, 2008 2:57 pm

its a smoke'n pit it has a 40 inch upper part the smoke box is maybe 2 foot wide. I think i need to rasie the bottom racks t allow for more airflow. also is there a general wood to charcoal ratio?

Return to “Custom Built Pits, Build Your Own Pit & Pit Modifications”