Gas Grills

Custom manufactured BBQ Pits, Do-it-Yourself projects, parts and ideas.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

dj USER_AVATAR
DJ
Chuck Wagon

Gas Grills

Postby DJ » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:42 pm

Have to replace our gas grill and started lookin at them today. Gotta say I was pretty surprised to see all these infared additions on these new grills. I'm thinking bout a Char Broil Quantum which uses infared under the entire grate surface of 580 sq in.....having never heard of this new technology prior to shopping today, how many of you out there have this type and how do you like it?
dj
http://djstexasstylebbq.com
Caldwell, Texas Native
jamesb USER_AVATAR
JamesB
Retired Lawman

Postby JamesB » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:48 pm

Your making my 10 yr old Weber Genesis Silver C gasser (w/o any infra of any king) sound out dated... :(

James.
Kalrog
Rustler

Postby Kalrog » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:37 pm

I have the rear infrared burner for rotisserie stuff and it works great and makes good birds. But I do kinda wish I had a bottom infrared burner as well for some very high heat searing. I don't use the rear one as much as I should though...
dj USER_AVATAR
DJ
Chuck Wagon

Postby DJ » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:02 pm

Thanks fer the feedback....Think I'll probably get the one I mentioned.....It's actually "self cleaning" as it will get up to 700* at the grate level.....still amazed with this new fangled kind of gas grill.......

Caldwell, Texas Native
osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:08 pm

Heard of them, never seen one. :dont: They sound neat though. :D
Jim
mel USER_AVATAR
mel
Bandolero

Postby mel » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:03 am

I got to check them out at the show there was some really assume things coming out TEC has some really net stuff I think they sale to lows if you are looking for an island check out www.calspas.com but we all would have to all get-together to buy one of the big set ups but we can dream well except for chuck I seem to remember a big big house with lots of windows and a little smoker some time back :lol:
MELs We have you covered
www.mels-bbq-covers.com
made in the USA

1-800-569-3592
RonH
Rustler

Postby RonH » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:13 am

That's what I bought yesterday so hw do you like it
dj USER_AVATAR
DJ
Chuck Wagon

Postby DJ » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:07 pm

RonH wrote:That's what I bought yesterday so hw do you like it

holdin on for a report from you :lol: ....actually, just haven't had time to pick up, grill looks like it should do the job, so I'm pretty excited that you will be letting us know how it works out fer ya!
dj

Caldwell, Texas Native
RonH
Rustler

Postby RonH » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:08 am

Tried burgars one night,saugage last night, gonna do wings to night if I can figure out how to tell when they are done. Oh and I did convert over to natural gas.
dj USER_AVATAR
DJ
Chuck Wagon

Postby DJ » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:45 am

Well, I bought the Quantrum last Sunday, put it together and did some Thick Pork Chops on it.....Definitly does the quick sear thing, but the jury is still out for overall performance. Chops were very good, doing some steaks or strips tonight.
James, it was hard not to buy a Webber, definitly built to last!!
dj

Caldwell, Texas Native
jamesb USER_AVATAR
JamesB
Retired Lawman

Postby JamesB » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:24 pm

Yep, DJ your right... Those Webers are built to last. I hope all turns out well with you new gasser! Keep the reports coming...

James.
bigwheel
Outlaw

Postby bigwheel » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:05 am

Yeppers..will double dittos on the Weber. I aint got one but I'm jealous of them who do. I got a Uniflame brand made by the Blue rhino folks who fill up the propane tanks. It gets a real workout. I think mine only goes to 450 till you get a grease fire then it will go to 750 which is high as the gauge goes. Do yall clean yours or just let it burn till it acts right? I just been having a few beers and letting mine burn. Warden and the kids thought it was fixing to melt..but it didnt...even though it smelled like it was. Give me some input here. Thanks.

bigwheel
dj USER_AVATAR
DJ
Chuck Wagon

Postby DJ » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:12 am

I normally just brush the grates and scoop out the bottom from time to time....the one I replaced was a Straublestone and it it rusted out in 3 years.....figure seasoning collected and ate through the pan, so I might just have to start washing once/twice a year....thats my new plan anyway...
dj

Caldwell, Texas Native
RonH
Rustler

Postby RonH » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:28 am

gonna do chicken and chops on my quantum today still learning but getting to eat good while doing it

Return to “Custom Built Pits, Build Your Own Pit & Pit Modifications”