Great News - The forecast is for heat

Bring it on! This is our online version of BBQ contests.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

gator USER_AVATAR
Gator
Sheriff

Postby Gator » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:54 pm

Puff wrote:Got my bottle of mustard chipotle today. It has some heat to it for sure.
I'm thinking wings 8)

Yeppers, them will be some HOT :angryfire: wings for sure!
Gator

"I won't tolerate rude behavior" - Woodrow F Call
bowhnter USER_AVATAR
bowhnter
Chuck Wagon

Postby bowhnter » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:58 pm

Maybe my mailman will bring me a package today then....looking out the window waiting! 8)
Mike

Primo Oval XL
Grilla Silverbac
Weber 26”, 22”, and Jumbo Joe
Weber Genesis
Ooni Pro Pizza oven
Blackstone 22 and 36
copkid USER_AVATAR
copkid
Chuck Wagon

Postby copkid » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:09 pm

Gator wrote:
copkid wrote:Gator,
Got my jar of Sucklebusters Pepper sauce today! I opted for the mustard chipotle brand, and briefly stuck my finger in the sauce to taste. DANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I must be a weinie midwesterner, because it bought set me on fire!!!! I'd hate to see what the 'hot' stuff does! :shock: Taste is awesome though!
Thanks again Gator! I look forward to using it, although in moderation! :lol:
Question; Should it be refrigerated after opening?

Be sure and steer clear of the Habanero, its REALLY Hot! :wink: 8)

It does not require refrigeration, but of course will keep much longer in the fridge. Treat it like you would keep Tabasco.

I can't even imagine what the Habanero would do to me! Like I said, the taste is awesome, but for my family, will have to be introduced lightly and slowly. We are wienies!! :oops: :lol:
Laura

In Valor, There is Hope
-Tacitus

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulders, and your hand over my mouth!
gator USER_AVATAR
Gator
Sheriff

Postby Gator » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:43 pm

As a measure of heat, the Habanero is about an 8 on the heat scale or "hot" the Mustard and Chipotle is about a 4 or 5...medium hot.

The Habanero is too hot for my persoanl enjoyment, but lots of folks like it HOT, And I mean HOT!!!! 8)

I tried another (not mine) sauce the other day and it lietrally burned my lips!!!! Now that is HOT! I cant understand how some folks eat it when it is that hot.
Gator

"I won't tolerate rude behavior" - Woodrow F Call
puff USER_AVATAR
Puff
Bandolero

Postby Puff » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:45 pm

Gator wrote:
Puff wrote:Got my bottle of mustard chipotle today. It has some heat to it for sure.
I'm thinking wings 8)

Yeppers, them will be some HOT :angryfire: wings for sure!

Thanks again Gator :wink:
bowhnter USER_AVATAR
bowhnter
Chuck Wagon

Postby bowhnter » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:11 pm

Imagine my disapointment :( ...folks all accross the country can get mail faster from TX, and our fine USPS can't get it a couple towns over... :evil:

Maybe tomorrow :?
Mike

Primo Oval XL
Grilla Silverbac
Weber 26”, 22”, and Jumbo Joe
Weber Genesis
Ooni Pro Pizza oven
Blackstone 22 and 36
copkid USER_AVATAR
copkid
Chuck Wagon

Postby copkid » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:31 pm

bowhnter wrote:Imagine my disapointment :( ...folks all accross the country can get mail faster from TX, and our fine USPS can't get it a couple towns over... :evil:

Maybe tomorrow :?

Maybe the mailman 'accidently' took it home! :P :P :P
Laura

In Valor, There is Hope

-Tacitus

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulders, and your hand over my mouth!
tx sandman USER_AVATAR
TX Sandman
Outlaw

Postby TX Sandman » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:11 pm

TX Sandman wrote:Now I can't wait to get home! I hope I have a package waiting for me.

Got home late, looked around, no box. Big time bummed. Read stories, got the kids in bed, put some stuff away, and got ready for bed.

Of course, *after* my teeth were brushed, my lovely bride said, "Oh, by the way, you got a package today." Love her timing somedays. :evil:

Opened it up and found a bottle of Chipotle Texas Heat sauce. Now it sits on the counter, tempting me, *mocking* me. Knowing I'd never sleep after a taste this late at night. Grrrrr. The time *will* come.

Thanks, Gator!
Rob - TX Sandman
Midnight Blue Smokers BBQ Team

"...grilling is fun and tasty, but it isn't brain surgery and the patient won't die if you mess up."
Steven Raichlen
tx sandman USER_AVATAR
TX Sandman
Outlaw

Postby TX Sandman » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:46 am

TX Sandman wrote:Grrrrr. The time *will* come.

And that was this morning.

Looks: Love the look of the sauce. Visible bits of spice and peppers, color is a natural red, not the neon-orange of other sauces.
Finger taste: Smoky-sweet. The heat didn't hit until a second or 2 after the taste. Great level of heat, enough to notice, but (for me) not enough to be uncomfortable.
Food test: I found a serving of an egg casserole in the freezer for breakfast, perfect for testing. After a generous application, time to get serious.

Great! Smoky, with a bit of heat, but the flavor still came through. Can't wait to share it with the outlaws this weekend. I've been volunteered to cook fried chicken, and I plan on throwing a few wings in the mix, so it'll be a great time for them to try it.
Rob - TX Sandman

Midnight Blue Smokers BBQ Team

"...grilling is fun and tasty, but it isn't brain surgery and the patient won't die if you mess up."

Steven Raichlen

Return to “TBBQF Throw Downs”