Superbowl 2008 Throwdown

Bring it on! This is our online version of BBQ contests.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:40 am

Laura, your photography of the subject is great. :D I think the theme of the subject is what may have done you in. It's a superbowl party theme on a BBQ forum, your pic was not really a finger food, dip, meat, chili or an easily eaten party food but was more of a classy dinner plate. Alot of people may not have known that it was potato wedges, you had to look real close to tell. A great plate and a fantastic pic of it, just not what most people would associate with a superbowl party. :D :D JMHO

I think that dish would go great with roasted chicken for a dinner. :D How about putting the recipe in the recipe section. :D 8)
Jim
bowhnter USER_AVATAR
bowhnter
Chuck Wagon

Postby bowhnter » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:03 am

Aside from the ribs (Dusted wth Hog Waller of course) And thanks for your votes!! :D It was nice to get to the finals!

I had the Chili Dog Nachos in AG (The hot dogs were smoked)

TWW # 4, The wings were smoked then fried for 90 secs, then half went into Franks new Hot Wing sauce.

BHM, was a Tri Tip # 7

Laura, now that I see your recipe for the wedges, they look darn good. I did not know that was pepperoni, and the sour cream kind of blends in to the back ground.

Rich, the RS roast looks mighty good, even if it was tough.

Who was BHM # 6? That was a fine looking entry too!

It was fun and will try again...I feel it is going to be tougher each time as everyone improves on the pictures.
Mike

Primo Oval XL
Grilla Silverbac
Weber 26”, 22”, and Jumbo Joe
Weber Genesis
Ooni Pro Pizza oven
Blackstone 22 and 36
osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:13 am

Robs entry in ATG had me guessing. :D I thought it was dip at first and then I looked again and thought it might be an uncut pizza. :D Either way it looked good and was a good pic. :D :D
Mike, I thought your pics were great of all your dishes. :D Loved the rib pic :thap:
Rich's smoke-fried wings looked real good. :D

Everybodies pics looked good. :D It was a great turnout. :D 8) 8)

JMHO -
Jim
copkid USER_AVATAR
copkid
Chuck Wagon

Postby copkid » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:24 am

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I can see where you couldn't tell what it was. Sometimes I get too fancy, I guess. That cross between wanting to put out great food and taking great pics, since that is one of my hobbies as well. In hindsite, I should have taken a pic of them on the pan! But like Papa said, I was throwing veggies at a bunch of carnivores! :wink: :lol:
Laura

In Valor, There is Hope
-Tacitus

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulders, and your hand over my mouth!
dj USER_AVATAR
DJ
Chuck Wagon

Postby DJ » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:30 pm

Mine were:

Ribs001
BHM002
& ATG004

Wish I had had more time when taking the photos, but, like PT, had people wanting to eat. Congrats to all you guys. Great lookin goods from all you category winners!!uhhhh, both of ya... :)
dj
http://djstexasstylebbq.com
Caldwell, Texas Native

Return to “TBBQF Throw Downs”