I am back again!

This is a where news and announcements are posted and questions on how to use the forum.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

tasso-hunter USER_AVATAR
Tasso-Hunter
Rustler

I am back again!

Postby Tasso-Hunter » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:40 am

Ladies, gentlemen, pitmasters, cowboys and whoever...I am back on the TTX BBQ FORUM again :cheers: I guess it's been almost one year I haven't logged in. I am sorry...but actually it's been a tough year...
I had a working experience in California last year.. when I came back to Italy I had been a bit depressed for a few months because I would had liked to stay there working in the fild as agronomist, taking care of plant nutrition. Anyway it wasn't possible...I had to go back...And now I am here (in italy) doing my job with plant nutrition.
I've left my barbecue alone for many months and actually I haven't started to grill yet...but hopefully I'll do it soon.
So...what can I say...I missed you and the ttx bbq forum discussions...see you on the topics :texas:
Sometimes a passion needs just a spark to light and become a big fire that will never die...
tx1911 USER_AVATAR
TX1911
Deputy

Re: I am back again!

Postby TX1911 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:55 am

Welcome back TH! Good to see you again!
Custom 24x48 offset trailer pit
Weber Smokefire EX6
Vision B Series kamado
Race Crew Drum
captjack USER_AVATAR
CaptJack
Outlaw

Postby CaptJack » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:06 am

welcome back Image
i've been absent too..
running the OldSmokey BBQ Club over on Facebook
22"OldSmokey • 2-burner gasser with GrillGrates
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:51 am

Howdy, Tass, good to see you posting again. :salut: Maybe we could do a foreign exchange thing EXCEPT working is out of the question. I would just piddle around Italy and check out the neighborhoods and food :tup:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:47 pm

Fire that Smoker up! Glad you're back with us. :cheers:
tasso-hunter USER_AVATAR
Tasso-Hunter
Rustler

Postby Tasso-Hunter » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:20 am

OldUsedParts wrote:Howdy, Tass, good to see you posting again. :salut: Maybe we could do a foreign exchange thing EXCEPT working is out of the question. I would just piddle around Italy and check out the neighborhoods and food :tup:

Actually I wouldn't have had any problem with a visa for working there...the research center would have hired me for a longer time. The problem was I had to get back here for family deals...You know, my brother studied in the USA, at Bearklee College of Music in Boston. Currently, he is working in NYC as a freelancer. My girlfriend's father works in NJ...ahahaha my family is scattered everywhere. :dont: eventually, once I got back here an Italian company offered me a good job opportunity so I made the decision to take it and I refused to come back over there.

anyway...yes Italy is a nice place as well...maybe one day I will move to somewhere else, but it'll depend on many things...One thing is sure: travelling among Italy you're gonna get the best food ever..(ok, except texas brisket :rose: )

God bless the U.S. :texas:
Sometimes a passion needs just a spark to light and become a big fire that will never die...
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:00 am

My Step-son and "our" D.I.L. are in Courmayeur, Italy at the moment. They rented a car and are touring around Northern Italy for a few days. Earlier this week they've been hiking all around Les Contamine-Mont Joie near the Italian border to the tune of 10 miles/6 hours a day - - "whew" :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
dabertl USER_AVATAR
daBertl
Bandolero

Postby daBertl » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:38 pm

Tasso-Hunter wrote:One thing is sure: travelling among Italy you're gonna get the best food ever..(ok, except texas brisket :rose: )

God bless the U.S. :texas:

Try Greece and also Spain. For sure i love italian food as well, but better it will be there ;)
Extra Bavaria non est vita, et si est vita, non est ita.
tasso-hunter USER_AVATAR
Tasso-Hunter
Rustler

Postby Tasso-Hunter » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:31 am

OldUsedParts wrote:My Step-son and "our" D.I.L. are in Courmayeur, Italy at the moment. They rented a car and are touring around Northern Italy for a few days. Earlier this week they've been hiking all around Les Contamine-Mont Joie near the Italian border to the tune of 10 miles/6 hours a day - - "whew" :salut:

OMG, they are in Valle d’Aosta Region! Very nice area...even if usually people here go to spend vacation up there during Christmas holidays. Anyway that’s a small region in the northwest part of Italy, it’s plenty of calstles one can visit and, of corse skiing is the main practiced sport up there..
Actually I’ve been there just one time, usually I go to the northeast alps to spend my vacation...google “cortina d’ampezzo“ to get an idea about the most beautiful town in the Dolomiti mountains :laughing7:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:44 am

MY D.I.L. is from China and she loves to hike and bike but the Step-son "not so much" hahahaha Here are a few scenic pics she sent from their recent days.
IMG_0602.jpg

IMG_0592.jpg

IMG_0586.jpg

IMG_0513.JPG

IMG_0471.jpg

IMG_0465.jpg
tasso-hunter USER_AVATAR
Tasso-Hunter
Rustler

Postby Tasso-Hunter » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:41 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:MY D.I.L. is from China and she loves to hike and bike but the Step-son "not so much" hahahaha Here are a few scenic pics she sent from their recent days.
IMG_0602.jpg

IMG_0592.jpg

IMG_0586.jpg

IMG_0513.JPG

IMG_0471.jpg

IMG_0465.jpg

Yes, very nice pics...typical Italian Mountain View...I wish they’re enjoying it. Actually in that area there's a little French influences because of proximity with the border, even some people especially in Courmayeur speak French. Anyway very nice piece of Italy up there... :laughing7: :laughing7:
Hey, may I ask you a thing? What does D.I.L. means? :dont:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:45 pm

Daughter In Law - - - she's from China and is the sweetest thing that has happened to our Family in a long time. :cheers: :rose:
tasso-hunter USER_AVATAR
Tasso-Hunter
Rustler

Postby Tasso-Hunter » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:46 am

OldUsedParts wrote:Daughter In Law - - - she's from China and is the sweetest thing that has happened to our Family in a long time. :cheers: :rose:

ok :D , sorry I don't know all this kind of grammatical abbreviations.. Cool, do they currently live in USA or ASIA?
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:24 am

They're just about 50 miles South of us in Houston, Texas.
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:01 am

Ben tornato, Tasso-Hunter! Looking forward to seeing more of your cooks when you fire up the grill again 8)

OldUsedParts wrote:They're just about 50 miles South of us in Houston, Texas.

OUP.. Now we know your D.I.L. is super awesome, maybe you can share with us some REAL Chinese recipes! What we know as "chinese food" here in the states is like calling Taco Bell Mexican food... I'd die for the real stuff!!
(Insert witty signature here)

Return to “TBBQF News, Announcements & Help Using the Forum”