Tender Smokehouse Celina Texas

Rate the joints and share your experiences, pictures encouraged

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Tender Smokehouse Celina Texas

Postby Rambo » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:11 pm

Took a Birthday Weekend to head up North to see the Daughter & SIL. We checked out a few places while there: Friday night in Pilot Point hit a neat place called Bee Bo's. Had the catfish, shrimp plate and was above average, good food; great atmosphere with live band.

Saturday at 11;30 we headed to Celina to try the wagyu at Tender Smokehouse. I ordered point and my wife ordered flat and for a change the flat had a better flavor although both we very good. You could cut either with a fork easily. The little bit of outside cut I got with bark was very flavorful but those without bark weren't as good. The Jalepeno/Cheese sausage was extremely good. Buttered Texas Toast and great sides; Potato salad was good and the Mac&Cheese rated tops.
We ordered Banana Pudding & Lemonade Pudding and the were off the charts. everything but the sliced bread appeared to be from scratch. Great staff came by to check on you and see if you needed anything else. Outside tables and AC dining inside that is separated from the smokehouse so it didn't have the smoky smell.

After eating I walked around the side to check out the pits and one of the owners gave me a tour; open the rotisserie smokers for me, and told me about how they did it. The big Dino Beef ribs weren't coming off until 4PM so I missed out on them.

I'd recommend it to anyone that was in the area; I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Attachments
IMG_1241[5629].JPG
IMG_1244[5623].JPG
IMG_1246[5621].JPG
IMG_1249[5617].JPG
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Re: Tender Smokehouse Celina Texas

Postby bsooner75 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:36 pm

Ok, seriously, you were in my hood! Both of those places are like 20 minutes from the house and have been on my list for a while but something always comes up when we plan to go. I was in the Celina square right before Tender opened (sign was up but they hadn’t opened the doors) but that was the last time. Gotta get up there.

Glad you enjoyed it and thanks for posting your reviews. Holler if you get back up this way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:14 pm

I will and I will. I know you, call them on Friday and “ reserve” some of those beef ribs. I didn’t get any but my SIL says they are the bomb. Would love to come in the Fall and sit on the Patio
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:19 pm

We've been to Be-bo's once and while the food was good the off hours service was r e a l l y s l o w. That said because it was taking so long the owner (yeah that's his name) gave us the DELUX tour of the place and how he built it, the story behind all the pictures and such. I'm guessing they'd turned off the kitchen for cleaning or something when we showed up they were very nice and the food was quite good.

Had not heard of Tender but you can bet we'll check it out. Thanks for the reviews.
tarde venientibus ossa....
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:44 pm

It's in the Downtown area papa. I'm not sure but I think they only do the Wagyu and the beef Ribs on Saturday. They have a website or I guess you could call.

Be-Bo's was great for us. The place was packed and the Band was really good. they had a steel Guitar which it had been years since I heard a live Steel Guitar. They did Ernest Tubb , Waltz Across Texas, and they got a standing ovation.

This was a Friday night and the place was packed. I did notice it is BYOB if that is of interest. We had fish & Shrimp and it was excellent. Our waitress was great and they had a "Special" young man, probably 18-22 years old, that was bussing tables. He was so polite and kept coming by to see if we wanted him to take any plates. I gave him a $5 Bill and you'd have thought I gave him a Hundred. That was more satisfying than the good food for me.

Return to “BBQ Joints - Reviews & Discussion”