USDA Prime Angus

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

limey USER_AVATAR
limey
Deputy

Re: USDA Prime Angus

Postby limey » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:59 pm

Brings a tear to my eye, great job on the brisket.
How bout some more beans Mr.Taggert? I'd say you've had enough!
R & O Custom Trailer
Weber 22.5 Gold
Weber 22.5 Smoky Mountain
Oklahoma Joe Longhorn Edition
Limey BBQ Co. Competition Team
bobcat1 USER_AVATAR
bobcat1
Outlaw

Postby bobcat1 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:18 pm

Not bragging on me but on the brisket. I listened to the left side brisket thread and went to Sams in Lewisville and found one. I may never but another brisket unless it is a left side and prime. What a difference in taste and tenderness.

:coolnana: :fiestanana: :blues: :banana:
pinoypitmaster USER_AVATAR
PinoyPitmaster
Cowboy

Postby PinoyPitmaster » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:06 pm

Hmmmm...left side brisket? Excerpt—-A more colorful claim is that the brisket from the left side of the cow is more tender than that from the right side. In his book Franklin Barbecue: A Meat-Smoking Manifesto, pitmaster Aaron Franklin says of this claim, "For the record, I think this is a joke. In all the thousands of briskets I've cooked, I've found no evidence that the meat from one side of the cow is noticeably more tender than the other." He continues, "I guess I slightly prefer the shape of left-sided briskets because it's easier to wrap, but it's not really something I pay much attention to and I recommend that you don't worry about it either."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bobcat1 USER_AVATAR
bobcat1
Outlaw

Postby bobcat1 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:23 am

PinoyPitmaster wrote:Hmmmm...left side brisket? Excerpt—-A more colorful claim is that the brisket from the left side of the cow is more tender than that from the right side. In his book Franklin Barbecue: A Meat-Smoking Manifesto, pitmaster Aaron Franklin says of this claim, "For the record, I think this is a joke. In all the thousands of briskets I've cooked, I've found no evidence that the meat from one side of the cow is noticeably more tender than the other." He continues, "I guess I slightly prefer the shape of left-sided briskets because it's easier to wrap, but it's not really something I pay much attention to and I recommend that you don't worry about it either."

Well I guess that settles that. He is the expert, not me. All I know is my wife said no matter the cost only buy that type of brisket from now on.
pinoypitmaster USER_AVATAR
PinoyPitmaster
Cowboy

USDA Prime Angus

Postby PinoyPitmaster » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:02 am

bobcat1 wrote:

Well I guess that settles that. He is the expert, not me. All I know is my wife said no matter the cost only buy that type of brisket from now on.[/quote]

In the end that’s all that matters!! How you feel about the cook or shall I say how the wife feels about the brisket is the most important feedback

russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:11 pm

Ever since that left side of the steer came up, I've been looking for sleeping cows. Havnt found any yet. :drunk: :shock: :lol:

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.

Return to “Smokehouse - BBQ Discussion”