Today's Pitmaster

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Today's Pitmaster (Tuesday)

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:58 am

Great Memory Pic, Rambo :tup: :salut: I've been there many times but from the back of a PU with a homemade camper topper and NOT an Air Stream.
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Re: Today's Pitmaster (Thursday)

Postby Rambo » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:26 am

The Kenmore Grill
Attachments
vintage-kenmore-grill.jpg
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:42 am

Yikes, easy to see why you didn't see many around back then :whiteflag:
A laundry pan with hawg wire on top would have been better :laughing7: ;)
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
copasspupil USER_AVATAR
Copasspupil
Outlaw

Postby Copasspupil » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:33 am

What about an old washing machine?
Danno

'66 GT350S clone
Custom built smoker named Seal Team
Santa Maria Grill names GrumpyD'sBBQ
Weber stainless gas grill when I want to cook a hotdog
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:36 am

should work but not very portable :laughing7:
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Re: Today's Pitmaster (Friday)

Postby Rambo » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:38 am

Windy
Attachments
bbq_pin_up_postcard-red0aee4d4ec644348c3ff08c71bf7279_vgbaq_8byvr_540.jpg
bbq_pin_up_postcard-red0aee4d4ec644348c3ff08c71bf7279_vgbaq_8byvr_540.jpg (61.73 KiB) Viewed 1768 times
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Re: Today's Pitmaster

Postby Rambo » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:08 am

Ah, where's Sooner. Schlitz Beer; they had a plant in Longview in the 60's.
Attachments
a8366629230f859b8e821fe8f7f5d7f4.jpg
a8366629230f859b8e821fe8f7f5d7f4.jpg (114.76 KiB) Viewed 1762 times
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:09 am

Yes they did! I can still remember my Dad saying “Schlitz gives you the …” :) My Grandpa wasn’t a beer drinker by any means but there were two Schlitz pop top cans in the garage refrigerator well into the mid 80’s. I asked him why he kept them. “In case any of the boys from the plant stop by to visit and need a beer” good memories.

Pretty sure Stroh’s had taken over the plant when I was a kid. I remember they built the youth soccer fields on their land and sponsored the program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:17 am

bsooner75 wrote:Yes they did! I can still remember my Dad saying “Schlitz gives you the …” :) My Grandpa wasn’t a beer drinker by any means but there were two Schlitz pop top cans in the garage refrigerator well into the mid 80’s. I asked him why he kept them. “In case any of the boys from the plant stop by to visit and need a beer” good memories.

Pretty sure Stroh’s had taken over the plant when I was a kid. I remember they built the youth soccer fields on their land and sponsored the program.

Being a teenager in the late 60's, it was the Ultimate to land a 6 pack of Schlitz and a bottle of Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill wine. ;)
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:51 am

Little Sweetheart
Attachments
1.jpg
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:59 am

Rambo wrote:
bsooner75 wrote:Yes they did! I can still remember my Dad saying “Schlitz gives you the …” :) My Grandpa wasn’t a beer drinker by any means but there were two Schlitz pop top cans in the garage refrigerator well into the mid 80’s. I asked him why he kept them. “In case any of the boys from the plant stop by to visit and need a beer” good memories.

Being a teenager in the late 60's, it was the Ultimate to land a 6 pack of Schlitz and a bottle of Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill wine. ;)

Wasn't that the Beer that made Budweiser Famous :?: :banghead: :drunk: :laughing7:

That Pic of the Sweetie Pie grillin Burger Patties with Barney under her arm reminds me so much of my now Young Lady, Harlee. :rose:
Back then I had watched so many Barney the Dino reruns I could hear the Theme Song in my sleep - - the things that Pawpaws do for the G-Babies :cheers:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:02 am

Rambo wrote:

Wasn't that the Beer that made Budweiser Famous :?: :banghead: :drunk: :laughing7:

That Pic of the Sweetie Pie grillin Burger Patties with Barney under her arm reminds me so much of my now Young Lady, Harlee. :rose:
Back then I had watched so many Barney the Dino reruns I could hear the Theme Song in my sleep - - the things that Pawpaws do for the G-Babies :cheers:

BTW, that area looks exactly like the woods property behind our old house where she and I spent hours picking muscadines, calling morning doves and chunkin rocks at anything that moved. :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:06 am

We've been seeing a few Muscadines on the road when we walk but not enough to pick
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:08 am

Whiskey Creek ran thru our property and they were abundant along it's banks - - - I made Jelly and Wine ONCE each but wasn't thrilled enuff to do them again. :dont:
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:22 am

A lot of our Grandparents made Jelly out of Muscadine and Mathew because they didn’t have the money to buy fruit to can; they used what the Good Lord had put there for them. I prefer Mayhaw but they’ve cut so much of the bottom land there aren’t many wild ones left. Lots of folks have domesticated them

Return to “General Discussion”