Lost in Nova Scotia

Put your funniest internet jokes + anything that pokes fun at Bubbas.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Lost in Nova Scotia

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:24 pm

BAGPIPES
I love this story. Lay down what’s bothering you, breathe in the fresh air and LISTEN to this story.
Time is like a river. You cannot touch the water twice, because the flow that has passed will never pass again. Enjoy every moment of life. As a bagpiper, I play many gigs. Recently I was asked by a funeral director to play at a graveside service fora homeless man. He had no family or friends, so the service was to be at a pauper’s cemetery in the Nova Scotia back country. As I was not familiar with the backwoods, I got lost and, being a typical man, I didn’t stop for directions. I finally arrived an hour late and saw the funeral guy had evidently gone and the hearse was nowhere in sight. There were only the diggers and crew left and they were eating lunch. I felt badly and apologized to the men for being late. I went to the side of the grave and looked down and the vault lid was already in place. I didn’t know what else to do, so I started to play. The workers put down their lunches and began to gather around. I played out my heart and soul for this man with no family and friends. I played like I’ve never played before for this homeless man. And as I played “Amazing Grace”, the workers began to weep. They wept, I wept, we all wept together. When I finished, I packed up my bagpipes and started for my car. Though my head was hung low, my heart was full. As I opened the door to my car, I heard one of the workers say, “I never seen anything like that before, and I’ve been putting in septic tanks for twenty years.” Apparently, I’m still lost….it’s a man thing.
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Re: Lost in Nova Scotia

Postby Rambo » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:34 pm

thanks
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:51 pm

Great story, btw when growing up our neighbour was a Scotsman, he played and taught his 6 boys to play outside on a Sunday. I love the sound. When mum passed away one of the sons piped her at the cemetery. I still have it on tape. Strange coincidence but when she passed away I was in Inverness Scotland.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:50 pm

Pard, I agree with the "Emotional Sound" that comes from Bagpipes ?if? they are played well. I had a good friend that lived down in your neck of the woods and he was a Scoots Man - - we all called him "Tottie" (aka Scottie) - - - he passed away several years ago and his Wife and Daughter sent me a CD of the Service - - - - I sat there looking at his pictures he had sent over the years while it was playing and with tears flowing I paid my last respects. :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:06 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Pard, I agree with the "Emotional Sound" that comes from Bagpipes ?if? they are played well. I had a good friend that lived down in your neck of the woods and he was a Scoots Man - - we all called him "Tottie" (aka Scottie) - - - he passed away several years ago and his Wife and Daughter sent me a CD of the Service - - - - I sat there looking at his pictures he had sent over the years while it was playing and with tears flowing I paid my last respects. :salut:

I remember you telling me about him.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.

Return to “Those Funny Cowboys”