Unexcused absence

Everything Grilled. We LOVE pictures.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

JustinCouch
Outlaw

Unexcused absence

Postby JustinCouch » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:26 pm

Things are finally back to normal at the couch house. Really been missing you guys. I tried shopping at winn Dixie for the first time. I like it. Found the best marbled new York strips I have ever seen. Also got the wife some stuffed pork chops. I really hope I don't dry them out. Any suggestions?
Attachments
20180722_121011.jpg
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Unexcused absence

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:55 pm

Welcome back, Juice Tone :salut: - - - -looks like a good score on the Chops and N'yorkers - - - after my lastest Fail on some thick cut poke chops, about all I "dare to" offer you is cook'em till the're 145 in center :dont:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
JustinCouch
Outlaw

Postby JustinCouch » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:17 pm

Chops sucked!!! Steak was great. What went wrong with yours?
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:21 pm

That marbling would find us scooping up the steaks like a vacuum cleaner.

What was the suckage factor on the chops: flavor, dryness, what?
Moink!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:30 pm

JustinCouch wrote:Chops sucked!!! Steak was great. What went wrong with yours?

Mostly Stupidity I imagine :dont: - - I was trying an Egghead copy of Huli Huli Poke Chops and had picked up two bone-ins about 3/4" thick. Cooked them indirect with a sear over charcoal along with Brussel Sprouts and Pineapple. When the Chop reached 145 I pulled and let sit while I finished up the rest. They were sooooo tuff that you "HAD" to cut them with a knife to eat - - - no way you could bite thru them without causing damage.
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
JustinCouch
Outlaw

Postby JustinCouch » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:54 pm

Sailor Kenshin wrote:That marbling would find us scooping up the steaks like a vacuum cleaner.

What was the suckage factor on the chops: flavor, dryness, what?

D all of the above. Thin lean chops stuffed with cornbread stuffing. Last time I cooked a stuffed chop it was very thick and had a very moist seafood stuffing more like a crab cake. And yes the steaks were very well marbled
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:32 pm

As much as I love cornbread, I DO NOT LIKE IT used as a Stuffing of ANY KIND. :whiteflag: When I stuff mine I use sauteed veggies or a seafood stuffing. Unless I pick one up at Hebert's Specialty Meats but I NEVER get the Cornbread Stuffing. :idea:
JustinCouch
Outlaw

Postby JustinCouch » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:30 pm

Turned out good I think
Attachments
20180722_130247.jpg
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:32 pm

:salut: certainly has the correct color and moisture look for me :tup:

Return to “Grillin and Chillin”