Let the Roasting Begin

Everything Grilled. We LOVE pictures.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Let the Roasting Begin

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:55 am

Hmmmm, I thought I had this posted earlier but I guess I was a victim of Cyber Aliens-oh well. :dont:
Making some Roasted Salsa today and this time I'm leaving the "OMP" in da Peppas. Mr. Garlic didn't make it in time for the Pic but he'll be in the Mix fo sho. More as this develops. :chef:

IMG_0035.JPG
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
williep USER_AVATAR
Williep
Outlaw

Re: Let the Roasting Begin

Postby Williep » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:02 am

Yes sir :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Looking forward to some more pic's. :salut: :salut:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:47 am

Ask and ye shall receive :tup:

Roasted over Kingsford Charcoal and some Skeet Chippies and ready to chop and mix.
IMG_0036.JPG

IMG_0037.JPG

IMG_0038.JPG

All mixed and ready to sweat and Hot Water Bathe. I added a can of Fire Roasted Maters for some liquid and also a small can of Rotel Maters and Green Chilies for the same reason. Did some taste testing and added Cumin, Lemon/Lime Juice, Apple Cider Vinegar, crushed garlic cloves and Sugah. I really got a strong Smoked flavor this time and I'm liking it so far. Hot Water Pics should be up in about an hour or so.
IMG_0040.JPG

I think we should have a Contest for who can dirty up the most pots, pans and dish PER pint of Goodness :dont: :roll: :laughing7:
IMG_0041.JPG
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:16 am

Four Hours - start to finish for "only" Five Pints but, I enjoy it so much that I think it's worth it. :tup:
IMG_0042.JPG
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:21 pm

It looks great, OUP. A d that's the cleanest 'messy' kitchen I ever saw. :tup:
Moink!
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:15 pm

And he scores. :cheers: :cheers: See you remembered one of the C's anyway. I'd be willing to bet that will not last the holiday season. lol :santa: :santa: :santa: :D :D :D
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:10 pm

thanks, Sailor, even tho ya can't see it, the sink is full of plates and the dish drainer on the right is also full

thanks, Outlaw, I made sure to at least do a double "C" but opted out of the "CB" this time - - as far as making it thru the Holidays, we'll just wait and see if I'm guilty of telling the youngins or taking any to the gatherings at their homes - - - However, my oldest Stepson is coming here Christmas Day so it will just be he and us so I imagine one Pint will surely disappear along with some dipping chips - - I also hope to grill some Jerk Chicken wings with my Walkerswood but don't know yet :dont:
bondobill
Outlaw

Postby bondobill » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:47 pm

I got to try making my own sometime. That looks awesome Em :salut: :chef:
Do you follow a recipe or just wing it. :?:

Bill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:21 pm

Can't really call it a Recipe but Sir Outlaw has given me lots of great Salsa info and tips from the beginning and I've also watched members such as Egghead and others. The batch was basically flavored by the Kingsford, Mesquite chips, Cilantro, Cumin, Sugar, Lemon/Lime juice and some Apple Cider Vinegar - - - - ALL of which was added as I tasted it so I guess that "winging" was a part for sure. :tup: :salut:
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:51 pm

I'm all over this emm, just into summer now here so lotsa matters coming ready and I'm gunna be making my own salsa. Yours looks great. I need some nice jars to fill this with.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
williep USER_AVATAR
Williep
Outlaw

Postby Williep » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:03 am

One of these day's I'm going to try the roasting method, look's great. :salut: :salut:
captjack USER_AVATAR
CaptJack
Outlaw

Postby CaptJack » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:48 am

always impressed
22"OldSmokey • 2-burner gasser with GrillGrates

Return to “Grillin and Chillin”