Saga of da Stuffed Poke Chop

Everything Grilled. We LOVE pictures.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: RE: Re: Saga of da Stuffed Poke Chop

Postby woodenvisions » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:46 pm

Russ wrote:Great plate, I'm no fan of pork chops, but yours looks good. I've always found chops are too dry, perhaps it's my cooking. I dunno.

Russ :banghead:
Don't laugh at this, but throw a few Boulion cubes in a cup of water, stir it up and inject ur chops before you cook em. I like Beef flavor over chicken in the chops.
I also found that if you sear them first, then do indirect they tend to retain the little bit of moisture they have better.
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Re: RE: Re: Saga of da Stuffed Poke Chop

Postby Russ » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:24 am

woodenvisions wrote:
Russ wrote:Great plate, I'm no fan of pork chops, but yours looks good. I've always found chops are too dry, perhaps it's my cooking. I dunno.

Russ :banghead:
Don't laugh at this, but throw a few Boulion cubes in a cup of water, stir it up and inject ur chops before you cook em. I like Beef flavor over chicken in the chops.
I also found that if you sear them first, then do indirect they tend to retain the little bit of moisture they have better.

Cheers for the tip, I win pork chops in raffles, my daughter minces them and make dumplings. I might have to keep the next few.
:chef:

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Re: Saga of da Stuffed Poke Chop

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:41 am

Pork is like white meat chicken. Has to be cooked exactly on point (meat thermometer is your friend!) and benefits from marinade...it would do well with Russ Dust.
Moink!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:17 am

Hey Pard, here's a good Chop Recipe that is done in the oven that we like real well also. This is from my bestest friend's wife and she used to send it to the Deer Camp on occasion. yum yum

Pork Chops via Carole
Gravy Baked Pork Chops
1. Sprinkle 4 lean pork chops, 1/2" thick, with 1/4 tsp. salt and few grains pepper. In 10" skillet brown in 1 tbls hot shortening and drain off drippings.
2. Pour around chops a mixture of 1 can cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup, 2/3 cup of Pet Milk, and 1/3 cup of water. If desired, add 1 onion, thinly sliced.
3. Bake in 350d oven 45 minutes or until chops are tender. Stir gravy well. serves 4.

We always added fresh mushrooms to the top. We also cooked a good helping of rice and served that with it. You could put the chops on top of the rice and spoon the gravy over that....
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:42 am

OldUsedParts wrote:That's just great - so now I may have to drive to DFW and post bail for a furinner and local for racing down I-45 :laughing7: :D :lol: :texas: :whiteflag:

BTW, I covered it in Hootchie Mama and then glazed it with Hot and Spicy and the Wiffy said it's the best she's ever eaten. She doesn't like hot and spicy stuff :dont: "Go Figger" :scratch: :roll:

Nah, I have a very good friend that is a bondsman, she can come to the rescue. A turbo 4 banger? I'll put the truck in 4WD low and unplug half the spark plugs on the Coyote 5.0 motor and be wiping the grease off my chin from the chop before you hit Spring. lol
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:42 am

Lol ^^^^^
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:51 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Hey Pard, here's a good Chop Recipe that is done in the oven that we like real well also. This is from my bestest friend's wife and she used to send it to the Deer Camp on occasion. yum yum

Pork Chops via Carole
Gravy Baked Pork Chops
1. Sprinkle 4 lean pork chops, 1/2" thick, with 1/4 tsp. salt and few grains pepper. In 10" skillet brown in 1 tbls hot shortening and drain off drippings.
2. Pour around chops a mixture of 1 can cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup, 2/3 cup of Pet Milk, and 1/3 cup of water. If desired, add 1 onion, thinly sliced.
3. Bake in 350d oven 45 minutes or until chops are tender. Stir gravy well. serves 4.

We always added fresh mushrooms to the top. We also cooked a good helping of rice and served that with it. You could put the chops on top of the rice and spoon the gravy over that....

Sounds like quite a meal. Maybe when the wife's away, because she hates pork chops more than me,lol. I've saved this for future reference, you never given me a bum steer yet Emm.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:55 pm

heavy on the own-yawns and I prefer cream of chick rather than mushrooms - - -OH, a pan of biscuits for gravy soppin might be in order also :tup:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:00 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:heavy on the own-yawns and I prefer cream of chick rather than mushrooms - - -OH, a pan of biscuits for gravy soppin might be in order also :tup:

You just reminded me, wife bought me some homemade shortbread from a friend at her work, they know I love it. Scurries off to get biscuits and milk for dunking,lol.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:11 pm

shortbread, biscuits or tortillas - - just as long as they sop up dat grabie :tup: :salut:
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:20 pm

Yummy
image.jpg

Grandsons cup, lol, these are the bees knees.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:26 pm

ain't had shortbread in a long time - - - as for me I'd smear a little Suckle Busters Jalapeno Jelly on them and enjoy :tup:
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:31 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:ain't had shortbread in a long time - - - as for me I'd smear a little Suckle Busters Jalapeno Jelly on them and enjoy :tup:

Shortbread n milk, my nana made this best. Straight out of the oven. This just melts in the mouth.didnt last long with my biscuit hooks,lol.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:36 pm

I"m thinkin that we called that "Shortening Bread" and you are right it is the Cat's Meow :tup:
captjack USER_AVATAR
CaptJack
Outlaw

Postby CaptJack » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:17 pm

I'm impressed
22"OldSmokey • 2-burner gasser with GrillGrates

Return to “Grillin and Chillin”