4 a.m , 18 degree Brisket morning

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

4 a.m , 18 degree Brisket morning

Postby woodenvisions » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:56 am

So, just like clockwork, the Thanksgiving weather here is more in tune than a Swiss Watch !!
Hey Outlaw, don't be jealous of the frozen icicles coming off my eyelids, lol...

Hopefully this technique of injecting a little Beef Broth won't bite me in the end ?
First go at Sucklebusters Brisket Rub, it smells good so far :):) As for the Hickory, that's a first as well for our Brisket.

Happy Thanksgiving girls and guys !!

And to you Little Hudson, I will be giving Thanks to you today.
You brightened up Alot of people in this world, especially those like us that don't know you, but see your beautiful little eyes and your fighting spirit !!
Happy First Thanksgiving and many many more to come little buddy :):)
ImageImageImage
Last edited by woodenvisions on Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Re: 4 a.m , 18 degree Brisket morning

Postby Txdragon » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:08 am

Happy thanksgiving to you as well. I'm sitting about 10 degrees warmer than you currently. I'll ask you to keep the snow and ice to yourself though!! It's an early start after a late night for me too. I'm beginning to think the sleepies from thanksgiving lies in lack of sleep on a full belly rather than tryptophan. Lol! I've injected brisket a few times as well, if you've never done it before, you'll see a difference. Worth it? Well, that depends and I would say is entirely subjective. It's a messy task if you're just going all crazy with it. The first time I've EVER had to clean my kitchen ceiling was the fallout of a brisket injecting procedure. I had made the largest mess in a kitchen ever because of this, and that's saying A LOT considering my occupation.
(Insert witty signature here)
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: RE: Re: 4 a.m , 18 degree Brisket morning

Postby woodenvisions » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:31 am

Txdragon wrote:Happy thanksgiving to you as well. I'm sitting about 10 degrees warmer than you currently. I'll ask you to keep the snow and ice to yourself though!! It's an early start after a late night for me too. I'm beginning to think the sleepies from thanksgiving lies in lack of sleep on a full belly rather than tryptophan. Lol! I've injected brisket a few times as well, if you've never done it before, you'll see a difference. Worth it? Well, that depends and I would say is entirely subjective. It's a messy task if you're just going all crazy with it. The first time I've EVER had to clean my kitchen ceiling was the fallout of a brisket injecting procedure. I had made the largest mess in a kitchen ever because of this, and that's saying A LOT considering my occupation.
Lol, thx man !!.

No snow or ice yet, but it's knocking on the door, that's for sure. I actually enjoy running the smoker in this weather, makes the lower temps more manageable, at least for me.

As for the injection, I've Always pushed the injection in as I'm taking the injector out, it seems to help the ( geysers ) lol.

Yeah, we're busy here as well, just as most of us on here I'm sure. As for the sleepies, I've had insomnia for 20 plus years so I'm immune to it lol.
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:04 am

Hey WV, I woke up this morning to 34 degrees. I think it may be the coldest of the year for us so far, if not it's close. Thankfully I am going to a friends house for Thanksgiving today so I don't have to cook until tomorrow morning. Got a big ole bird to throw on the egg after brining all day.
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:05 am

Mid 30s for us also - - - - Brinkman don't fail me now :whiteflag:

W.V. please give yourself a hi-five from us Texans and hug the Missus and Little Britches a little extra squeeze for us. Have a blessed one, PocoPard :tup: :salut: :cheers:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:27 am

What OUP said!

WV, for the first time, I don't envy you! :laughing7:

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone, from Sailor and Professor who did all their cooking earlier this week.
Moink!
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:00 pm

Hey WV! My wife and kids finally convinced me to light the fireplace this morning so they could enjoy it during the parade. Short sleeves this afternoon. Happy Thanksgiving- can’t wait to get your thoughts on the cook!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:46 pm

outlaw wrote:Hey WV, I woke up this morning to 34 degrees. I think it may be the coldest of the year for us so far, if not it's close. Thankfully I am going to a friends house for Thanksgiving today so I don't have to cook until tomorrow morning. Got a big ole bird to throw on the egg after brining all day.
Ha, it's always good to go to someone else's house to eat and get a break !
Hope ur day was awesome and today's cook is even better !
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:49 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Mid 30s for us also - - - - Brinkman don't fail me now :whiteflag:

W.V. please give yourself a hi-five from us Texans and hug the Missus and Little Britches a little extra squeeze for us. Have a blessed one, PocoPard :tup: :salut: :cheers:
Em, hope ur day was great as well !
Pics look GREAT ! Usually I'm pretty much ( connected ) to the Nikon, but yesterday was ( Chaos Central ) from the time I got up At 4 till last night about 9 pm !!
Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to snap a single shot !
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:51 pm

Sailor Kenshin wrote:What OUP said!

WV, for the first time, I don't envy you! :laughing7:

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone, from Sailor and Professor who did all their cooking earlier this week.
Lol, thank you and Happy Thanksgiving to you guys as well.
I keep saying " next year " we will cook ahead of time, but nope...
It's chaos AGAIN up here in the Keystone State.
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:13 pm

bsooner75 wrote:Hey WV! My wife and kids finally convinced me to light the fireplace this morning so they could enjoy it during the parade. Short sleeves this afternoon. Happy Thanksgiving- can’t wait to get your thoughts on the cook!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow...
A parade, a fireplace and short sleeves...

Those days are long gone this year, lol.

The cook ended up taking WAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY longer than I could have guessed.
It was only just shy of 6 lbs and went for 12 and a half hours...
Other than that, we had a TON of grub.

Never got a chance to snap a single pic tho...

U have a good day ?
bobcat1 USER_AVATAR
bobcat1
Outlaw

Postby bobcat1 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:56 am

Sounds like the wait was well worth it! :cheers:

Return to “Smokehouse - BBQ Discussion”