Dinner experiment

Any food other than BBQ or Grilled.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Dinner experiment

Postby bsooner75 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:35 pm

Wife took the kids to volleyball practice. I’d had a long week and just wanted to stay home and didn’t want fast food.

I remembered back in August I had vac sealed a cooked steak and we had some left over Mac & cheese. Normally I’d eat an extra steak for breakfast the next day or lunch but decided to give this a shot.

Tossed in simmering water for 45 minutes and heated up the Mac…results = meh. It was a perfect medium rare when I cooked it. Way over cooked now. Maybe Outlaw would like it :) plus the bag got a leak. At least it was edible.

Guess it still beats a TV dinner! ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Dinner experiment

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:04 pm

:tup: are you sure Outlaw didn't cook that Cow :?: :P :laughing7:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:11 pm

I NEVER Sauce a steak…after introducing it to some Head Country it became dinner.

FYI - this method works great with leftover pulled pork and brisket, even done it with ribs. No no no on a steak.

outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:21 am

Sorry to disappoint you, but that was even a little over done for me. I do love the way I come to mind even if it is in a negative light. :P :P I perfectly cooked steak for me will have the obligatory cross hatch sear marks, a slightly reddish tint to the outside of the steak, cooked over direct heat on my PK grill at around 700 degrees and pulled at 140-142 IT so that when it rests and continues to cook it will be the perfect 145 with just the tiniest pink center with all the juices flowing. Thanks y'all. Now I have to thaw a couple out for the weekend. :deadhorse: :deadhorse:
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:26 am

"what are Friends for?" :laughing7: :D :lol:

you will post a Steak Lovers Visual Warning on your Steak Cook won't you :?:

OK, my work here is done, I'm gonna fix a Leaded Breakie Taco Pizza and start my Weekend :chef: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:34 am

OldUsedParts wrote:"what are Friends for?" :laughing7: :D :lol:

you will post a Steak Lovers Visual Warning on your Steak Cook won't you :?:

OK, my work here is done, I'm gonna fix a Leaded Breakie Taco Pizza and start my Weekend :chef: :salut:

Yes, to preserve your delicate sensibilities I will afix a warning label that only the most refined may enter. :happ: :happ:
Bayou Classic Ceramic
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:40 am

:bow: :salut:
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:00 am

Outlaw - we kid because we care :)

Guess that’s why it’s an experiment. Not all of them work out.had high hopes based on how good it’s counterpart was at the time of cooking…live and learn!

outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:28 am

bsooner75 wrote:Outlaw - we kid because we care :)

Guess that’s why it’s an experiment. Not all of them work out.had high hopes based on how good it’s counterpart was at the time of cooking…live and learn!

It's fun. Please continue. I live for this stuff. I agree, I food saver seal leftovers all the time, and most are great. Sorry this didn't work out for you. :chef: :chef:
Bayou Classic Ceramic
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:05 am

outlaw wrote:

It's fun. Please continue. I live for this stuff. I agree, I food saver seal leftovers all the time, and most are great. Sorry this didn't work out for you. :chef: :chef:

Not me, I am personally offended and consider those comments as a blatant attack on my skills and expertise as a Graduate of Justin Wilson Academy of Thrown Together Grub. I may never speak to either of you ever again. :x :x :x

:D :lol: even my fingers were laughing while I was typing that ridiculous garbage - - - ONLY RULE IS: "if ya gonna play ya gotta pay and paybacks are purgatory"
:salut: :salut: :salut: :salut: :salut: :salut: :salut: :salut: :salut: :salut:
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:50 am

Bsooner...love the plate. And background beverage. ;)

But if I have frozen cooked steak, I eat it cold. :dont:
Moink!
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:33 am

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
OldUsedParts wrote:
outlaw wrote:

Not me, I am personally offended and consider those comments as a blatant attack on my skills and expertise as a Graduate of Justin Wilson Academy of Thrown Together Grub. I may never speak to either of you ever again. :x :x :x

:D :lol: even my fingers were laughing while I was typing that ridiculous garbage - - - ONLY RULE IS: "if ya gonna play ya gotta pay and paybacks are purgatory"
:salut: :salut: :salut: :salut: :salut: :salut: :salut: :salut: :salut: :salut:
Bayou Classic Ceramic
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:32 am

Sailor…I think the background beverage helped me grade it on a curve…or maybe it was a swerve

Return to “The Outpost - Cooking any grub other than BBQ”