OK Chillin's Whatcha Grillin ?

Everything Grilled. We LOVE pictures.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:42 pm

Think I'm gonna do a long awaited and way over due Bone In Boston Butt but I haven't decided on whether it will be on the ECB with a water pan and Kingsfor Blue or the Pellet Pooper with Hickory :?: I do know this - - - it will finally give me a chance to try some Suckle Busters Texas Pecan Rub and maybe some SB Peach Sauce on the Wiffy's Sammich and Chipotle on MOI's. Sunday will be the cook day so I should be able to decide by then. :dont:

Whatch'all got planned :?:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: Fingers crossed

Postby woodenvisions » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:27 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Think I'm gonna do a long awaited and way over due Bone In Boston Butt but I haven't decided on whether it will be on the ECB with a water pan and Kingsfor Blue or the Pellet Pooper with Hickory :?: I do know this - - - it will finally give me a chance to try some Suckle Busters Texas Pecan Rub and maybe some SB Peach Sauce on the Wiffy's Sammich and Chipotle on MOI's. Sunday will be the cook day so I should be able to decide by then. :dont:

Whatch'all got planned :?:
Been a long time since I've done a bone in butt, that sounds pretty good Emm !!
I think you will love the rubs and sauces on them. Make sure YOU try the peach as well :)

It's gonna be PERFECT temps this weekend here, ablot 65 & sunny so Sunday we're taking the Wrecking Ball to North Jersey to watch Tractor Trailer 1/4 mile races. He's gonna LOVE the Smoke, noise and speed just as much as us, If not more :mrgreen:
Thinking tomorrow it's Home Made Marina and Smoked/grilled Stromboli and Calzones with Andouile/Roni/fresh Mozzarella/Provolone/Cooper...

Will be a first so who knows ??.
It could be a Total Bust ??
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: OK Chillin's Whatcha Grillin ?

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:36 pm

English Please :dont: :scratch: :laughing7: :D :lol:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:48 pm

Eager to see all of it! Tomorrow's rain, so Sunday we'll try another sugar/pepper fatty and some links, this time on the Weber.
Moink!
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: RE: Re: OK Chillin's Whatcha Grillin ?

Postby woodenvisions » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:50 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:English Please :dont: :scratch: :laughing7: :D :lol:
Emm...
R u being SERIOUS ??
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:12 pm

Ok, I have to remember we live in different food culture's sometimes lol.

Calzones usually have ham, Ricotta, Provolone/Mozz as the main ingredients and half moon shaped with a crispy outside. Usually Marinara sauce accompanies them.

Stromboli's are long and shaped like a log, Normally have ham & cheese, Roni, sausage,peppers/onions, things like that.

Both are excellent if your Eye -Tal-Yun :):)
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:31 pm

thanks, even guessing I was purdy close :D

"Talian down here don't fare well will me - - - however, the youngest Son's first Wife was an very young Italian looker from Philly believe it or not and she could whoop out some vittles - - - - she and I became best friends but they were just too young to be hitched at the time so she split one night for Philly - - - without even saying Goodbye to anyone - - - hurt me big time but I understood. :(
JustinCouch
Outlaw

Postby JustinCouch » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:05 pm

I will be expecting pics from you oup. I can't wait to see how your pork butt turns out.
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:28 pm

Supposed to be a nice day tomorrow so BBQ getting fired up, it's quite good because my daughter likes to do it for me, I'll kick back with a few beers. Beef patties, sausages, lamb chops and whatever's in the freezer.
Have a good weekend guys, it's 1.30 pm here on Saturday, watching the races today, it's my syndicate bet. 3 weeks in a row, I'm travelling good,lol.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
jwh USER_AVATAR
jwh
Cowboy

Postby jwh » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:30 pm

Well, as elsewhere reported, I found a USDA Choice 15lb Brisket at Target for $24. Initially had no plans to smoke this weekend, but when I saw that . . . well . . . so, she's on now, and I'll monitor her overnight, whilst also checking for cracks in my eyelids.
Josh
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:40 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:English Please :dont: :scratch: :laughing7: :D :lol:

That’s eye-tal-yan you hillbilly!!!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:42 pm

BTW Parts - when I typed that I was saying in my head like Jerry Reed talking to the judge in When You’re Hot You’re Hot

Last edited by bsooner75 on Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:59 pm

I caught it, you hill-william, put all the money in and let's roll'em again :salut:
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:14 pm

For all our Yankee and over seas friends that don’t know what the heck we’re talking about.…here’s some culture for you https://youtu.be/0rdF7o08KXw

Apologies and hijack over

outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:32 am

Wasn't planning on doing anything till I saw sooners post. Now I have to grill a couple of steaks. I would post up some pics of how a steak is "properly" cooked but as I seem to be in the minority I don't know if my old heart can take it. I did happen to notice my wife had out the life insurance policies, was banging away at the calculator, and would look my way periodically, and then appear to reached some decision?? :idea: :idea: Trying to remember any recent transgressions I may have made. :dont: :dont: Y'all think I need to be worried?? :shock: :shock:
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill

Return to “Grillin and Chillin”