She asked for it

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Re: She asked for it

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:00 pm

CaptJack wrote:something to add to this post
there are those out there who won't eat anything barbecued
they consider those of us who cook it, rednecks
and are prejudice to anything we cook
or how good it tastes
the best to do with those folks is to just go out to eat
and then SEND THEM HOME!
my grandmother had a poem in a frame in her guestroom
Guests, like fish, begin to smell after three days.
~Benjamin Franklin

I thought that was relatives. :laughing7:

You have no idea what we go through to cook white meat just EXACTLY on-point.
Moink!
jwh USER_AVATAR
jwh
Cowboy

Postby jwh » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:23 pm

PB & J for the detractors, with kindness and love, of course.
Josh
castironchris USER_AVATAR
castironchris
Bandolero

Postby castironchris » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:09 pm

Boots wrote:Bondo, bet they got a nice hotel in town you could put her into.

Texas Rule No. 1 of accepting hospitality (of the Old School Rules School): NEVER EVER criticize a free meal, and if you have to choke it down, you do it if it kills you. It is acceptable, however, to request an additional cerveza (or two) as needed to help digest it.

Texas Rule No. 2 of accepting hospitality: NEVER EVER show up empty handed as an invitee for dinner; always bring beer or wine. If the host is an old friend or it's a special occassion, like say Saturday, then good Bourbon is a classy addition. Doesn't matter if you still end up drinking most of it, but you better dadgum bring something.

Texas Rule No. 3: It is NEVER EVER acceptable to shoot skeet with the host's cat, no matter how fun it would be to holler, "PULL!" and hear <BLAM!! YOOOOWWWW!!!". I mean, think of the children, at the moment Ol' Fuzzy goes exploding off into the afterlife like a fur-filled Cherry Bomb, and the host's little boy busts out cheering while little sister starts bawling her eyes out. Whiy, they'll be enemies forever it'll just ruin every Christmas, and trust me, you don't that on yer conscience. By the time they end up in high school, she'll be sneaking poison oak into his underwear, and he'll be sending Malibu Barbie on a cross country ride tied to the the collar of the neighbor's Doberman. These things always end up badly, I speak from experience.

I wholeheartedly agree with rule #1 and #2 and almost died reading #3!!! :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:
Weber 22" with SlownSear
Weber Smokey Mountain 22"
bondobill
Outlaw

Postby bondobill » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:20 pm

Boots
How do you come up with this stuff :?: :lol: :lol:
SIL brought her mut with her. Ugly little turd. Reading rule three had me thinking. :idea: :laughing7:
Luckily she don't come up for Christmas. Family tradition is kids bring over thier pistols and ARs and we shoot the crap out of stuff.

Well anywho...Turkey came out good. I couldn't force myself to ruin it. Beef bones Buck is enjoying. They weren't worth the effort. i know better then to buy bones at 1.96 a pound and expect them to have some meat on them.

image.jpeg

Oh yea .....SIL actually went for seconds on the bird.

Thanks all :cheers:

Bill
texmike USER_AVATAR
TexMike
Cowboy

Postby TexMike » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:49 pm

Texas Rule No. 3: It is NEVER EVER acceptable to shoot skeet with the host's cat, no matter how fun it would be to holler, "PULL!" and hear <BLAM!! YOOOOWWWW!!!". I mean, think of the children, at the moment Ol' Fuzzy goes exploding off into the afterlife like a fur-filled Cherry Bomb, and the host's little boy busts out cheering while little sister starts bawling her eyes out. Whiy, they'll be enemies forever it'll just ruin every Christmas, and trust me, you don't that on yer conscience. By the time they end up in high school, she'll be sneaking poison oak into his underwear, and he'll be sending Malibu Barbie on a cross country ride tied to the the collar of the neighbor's Doberman. These things always end up badly, I speak from experience.

Sorry guys I don't see a darn thing funny about animal cruelty. I've been involved in three animal cruelty rescues in my life. Although I lived in the country on a dairy farm, the second rescue was so bad it made me puke. I know you were being funny but when you come across what some sick people will do to animals and pets, it'll never be funny again.

OK, rant over and back to good cooking.
bondobill
Outlaw

Postby bondobill » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:04 pm

ke"]Texas Rule No. 3: It is NEVER EVER acceptable to shoot skeet with the host's cat, no matter how fun it would be to holler, "PULL!" and hear <BLAM!! YOOOOWWWW!!!". I mean, think of the children, at the moment Ol' Fuzzy goes exploding off into the afterlife like a fur-filled Cherry Bomb, and the host's little boy busts out cheering while little sister starts bawling her eyes out. Whiy, they'll be enemies forever it'll just ruin every Christmas, and trust me, you don't that on yer conscience. By the time they end up in high school, she'll be sneaking poison oak into his underwear, and he'll be sending Malibu Barbie on a cross country ride tied to the the collar of the neighbor's Doberman. These things always end up badly, I speak from experience.

Sorry guys I don't see a darn thing funny about animal cruelty. I've been involved in three animal cruelty rescues in my life. Although I lived in the country on a dairy farm, the second rescue was so bad it made me puke. I know you were being funny but when you come across what some sick people will do to animals and pets, it'll never be funny again.

OK, rant over and back to good cooking.[/quote]

Oh my.....it was a joke :roll:
Over and out of "here" :whiteflag:
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:44 pm

Lol, just walks right on by.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
texmike USER_AVATAR
TexMike
Cowboy

Postby TexMike » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:41 pm

Oh my.....it was a joke :roll:

And I acknowledged that you were making a joke. Sorry, but you really hit a nerve with me. The event that I went through had to do with a mother cat and five kittens. When I drove up on them along with two young "men" on the back on my property. They had decided to dissect the cats with a pocket knife while they were alive. Four of the kittens were still alive and the vet saved them. The two young punks quickly left to seek medical attention for themselves.

That happened over thirty years ago but is still a raw subject matter for me. :(
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:47 pm

Let's put this ASIDE and go back to beating up on Wild Bill's Sister In Law :tup: :whiteflag: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:06 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Let's put this ASIDE and go back to beating up on Wild Bill's Sister In Law :tup: :whiteflag: :salut:

Lol, sounds like a real good idea oup, I'm lucky none of my family are too fussy. As my 5 yo grandson says, " ya get what ya get, and ya don't get upset."

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.

Return to “Smokehouse - BBQ Discussion”