Seem'd like a good Iddie

Any food other than BBQ or Grilled.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Seem'd like a good Iddie

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:00 pm

Due to Doc's Appts and "things" the Wiffy ended up getting a sammich at the deli in HEB and by the time I decided to eat, it was Supper time. Thought I would do something with the beer can bird breast in the frig and since I'd fixed the Wiffy bacon in the Microwave with great success before, it was Sheeken Diablos in the Nuker for me. Par-boiled a huge penner and quartered it, sliced some good long strip of chicken and some pepper jack and wrapped that all in bacon. Pinned it with wooden picks because of the nuke'n and I was good to go. I started suspecting a booger in the system when the bacon would NOT get done after 4 minutes in the microwave. However, the chez was swimming all around under my food and after 6 or 7 minutes I was seriously considering a ?"liquid"? Supper. Oh well, the bacon was not crisp but it was done so I covered all of it with Salsa and Fischers Roasted raspberry and chipotle sauce. I soon found out that I could NOT bite thru the ends of the Diablos but the centers were tolerable and eatable - - - so I ate'em. "The best laid plans of mice and OUP, oft go astray" OR Ppppssssssttt in tonight's case :whiteflag: :banghead: :deadhorse:
IMG_0035.JPG

IMG_0036.JPG
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: Seem'd like a good Iddie

Postby woodenvisions » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:29 pm

One thing I Cant/Refuse to do is nuke bacon. I've tried it a few times, just don't feel it ya know buddy :(:(
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:52 pm

woodenvisions wrote:One thing I Cant/Refuse to do is nuke bacon. I've tried it a few times, just don't feel it ya know buddy :(:(

X2 wife like hers under the grill and cook til it's crispy, I think I've got it to her liking. She's loves it on her scrambled eggs every sat morning. Never ever nuked bacon......never even considered it,lol. :deadhorse:

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: RE: Re: Seem'd like a good Iddie

Postby woodenvisions » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:58 pm

Russ wrote:[quote="woodenvisions"]One thing I Cant/Refuse to do is nuke bacon. I've tried it a few times, just don't feel it ya know buddy :(:(

X2 wife like hers under the grill and cook til it's crispy, I think I've got it to her liking. She's loves it on her scrambled eggs every sat morning. Never ever nuked bacon......never even considered it,lol. :deadhorse:

Russ[/quote]Russ, my brother in-law SWEARS by nuking bacon..
He's rediculous !!
He makes a huge deal about how it's so much healthier without the grease from frying it..
And this is coming from a guy that drinks a 2 litre of MT DEW every day for the past 20 years .....

Can u say oxymoron ?!?!?!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:21 pm

I understand, Pards, but I have nuked Sherry a couple of slices real quick for some quick bacon sammich lapovers with good results. HOWEVER, when I do that, they are on a paper towel in a paper plate and done in two minutes. I never do mine that way because I"m always wanting the drippings/fat to cook my runny eggs in :chef:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:25 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:I understand, Pards, but I have nuked Sherry a couple of slices real quick for some quick bacon sammich lapovers with good results. HOWEVER, when I do that, they are on a paper towel in a paper plate and done in two minutes. I never do mine that way because I"m always wanting the drippings/fat to cook my runny eggs in :chef:

I'm not sure if this was the problem, but when we did the Cooler Penner poppers, I par-cooked the bacon in a pan (carefully spooning off that grease, lol) before putting it on the chez-stuffed penner.
Moink!
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:34 pm

Wv, I cook wife's bacon on a perforated grill tray, fat drips through to the bottom which I collect for future use. Haven't bought dripping or fat in more than 20 years.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:49 pm

OK, Y"all, this is what I expected yesterday and what I was talking about.
The Wiffy wanted a couple of bacon sammiches on toast so I split two slices, put them on a paper towel in a paper plate and nuked 1 minute each side. Crispy in every sense of the word, so what happened to my Diablos yestiddy ?
IMG_0056.JPG
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:52 pm

Maybe because the bacon was wrapped, and not split on a paper towel? :dont:
Moink!

Return to “The Outpost - Cooking any grub other than BBQ”