Greetings from SoCal!

Where 'ya from? Whadda 'ya cook on? Tell us a little about yourself. Is there a bounty on your head?

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

grampa
Pilgrim

Greetings from SoCal!

Postby grampa » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:36 pm

Once I lived in the great state of Texas. There I found out what real BBQ was all about. Our two daughters were born there (total current count: two daughters, one son, two son-in-laws, one daughter-in-law, seven grandkids). Now, sadly, I live in Southern California. But now I do the barbecuing my own self! I grill or barbecue something most every Friday night for the family - this Friday it will be a brisket, celebrating the birthday of one of my sons-in-law, who was born in Texas. And about once a month, I grill or barbecue something for our church pot lucks. This month I think I'll do a whole bunch of chicken legs in a smokey "hot wings" style, with may a quarter of them done in a low-heat variation for those with delicate taste buds.

I have a CharBroil gas grill for hamburgers and hot dogs, a Pit Barrel Cooker for general use, a 22" Weber kettle with a Slo'n'Sear for creativity, and a Big Green Egg that was given to me by a friend - still working on mastering that particular device.

SoCal weather lends itself for year round grilling and smoking, which slightly compensates for it still being SoCal. If you live anywhere near the junction of the 5 and the 91, give me a shout!
tx1911 USER_AVATAR
TX1911
Deputy

Re: Greetings from SoCal!

Postby TX1911 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:39 pm

Welcome!
Custom 24x48 offset trailer pit
Weber Smokefire EX6
Vision B Series kamado
Race Crew Drum
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:57 pm

Howdy and Welcome, Gramps :tup: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:47 pm

Parts, a new memer in your age bracket.
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:12 pm

Welcome here too, I know what it's like to cook for family, especially grandys, it's a pleasure to do it eh?
You will learn stuff here.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:14 pm

Welcome aboard!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
castironchris USER_AVATAR
castironchris
Bandolero

Postby castironchris » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:25 am

Welcome!!
Weber 22" with SlownSear
Weber Smokey Mountain 22"
grampa
Pilgrim

Postby grampa » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:12 pm

Russ wrote:Welcome here too, I know what it's like to cook for family, especially grandys, it's a pleasure to do it eh?

Russ

You know it! Last night we celebrated my son-in-law's birthday with his favorite food: Brisket! I think the only thing he ate, and he ate a lot, was brisket and buns! He was one happy guy, as was I to see him chowing down!
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:04 pm

grampa wrote:
Russ wrote:Welcome here too, I know what it's like to cook for family, especially grandys, it's a pleasure to do it eh?

Russ

You know it! Last night we celebrated my son-in-law's birthday with his favorite food: Brisket! I think the only thing he ate, and he ate a lot, was brisket and buns! He was one happy guy, as was I to see him chowing down!

Yeah I know what you mean, wife and I just been away for the weekend in a loaned 5 bedroom house, kids and all grandys came as well. I cooked for everyone and spent lotsa time with the wee ones.home now for a rest,lol.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.

Return to “WANTED POSTERS - New Member Introductions”