Missin Dat Beer Can

Any food other than BBQ or Grilled.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

User avatar
OldUsedParts
Deputy
Posts: 7868
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 7:09 pm
Location: Montgomery, Texas
Contact:

Missin Dat Beer Can

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:31 pm

Welps, I fixed a whole chicken today but it was by no means a beer can bird. It was a deboned chicken stuffed with pork dressing from Hebert's (A-Bears) Specialty Meats. Tasted good but I'm having Charcoal withdrawals and that chicken that is still frozen in the freezer is destined for a beer can throne before too long. Nuked an Ear, grabbed some pickled okra and lunch was finished.

Leftovers won't last long since I'll be chopping up the dark meat for the Felines.

IMG_0001.JPG
IMG_0002.JPG
OUP

" Country by choice, Texan by the Grace of God "
User avatar
Russ
Outlaw
Posts: 2257
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:31 am
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Re: Missin Dat Beer Can

Postby Russ » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:04 pm

Lol, my cat that's not my cat had scraps as well last night from my chicken. Parsons nose and bit of drum meat.

I'm thinking on your cook, the stuffed chicken thing, never done it, hmmm. I'll ponder a while,lol. :shock: :chef:

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
User avatar
OldUsedParts
Deputy
Posts: 7868
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 7:09 pm
Location: Montgomery, Texas
Contact:

Re: Missin Dat Beer Can

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:23 pm

Pard, I bought it stuffed and ready to put in the oven, however, there are Youtubes that show how to debone the bird. :D
OUP

" Country by choice, Texan by the Grace of God "
User avatar
Russ
Outlaw
Posts: 2257
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:31 am
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Re: Missin Dat Beer Can

Postby Russ » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:39 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Pard, I bought it stuffed and ready to put in the oven, however, there are Youtubes that show how to debone the bird. :D


De boning is no problem, it's getting my head around the 2 proteins. :shock: :chef:

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
User avatar
OldUsedParts
Deputy
Posts: 7868
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 7:09 pm
Location: Montgomery, Texas
Contact:

Re: Missin Dat Beer Can

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:54 pm

I assume you're speaking of bird and pig and, if so, let me tell you that I prefer the shrimp dressing stuffed bird a whole bunch better than the pork dressing :tup: actually, I think I'll probably end up preferring the dirty rice stuffing over all of them. :dont:
OUP

" Country by choice, Texan by the Grace of God "
User avatar
Sailor Kenshin
Outlaw
Posts: 1940
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:58 pm
Location: Eastern seaboard
Contact:

Re: Missin Dat Beer Can

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:59 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Pard, I bought it stuffed and ready to put in the oven, however, there are Youtubes that show how to debone the bird. :D



And I was once crazy enough to do that.

I like your way better, OUP, and that bird looks larapin'! :salut:
Moink!
User avatar
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon
Posts: 2694
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:37 pm
Contact:

Re: Missin Dat Beer Can

Postby woodenvisions » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:35 pm

Emm, you get 10 points for that tasty looking bird :):)

HOWEVER,........

I am DEDUCTING 11points for you openly admitting to us that ur tossing the dark meat to the cats.....
Please say it ain't so.....:(:(:(
User avatar
OldUsedParts
Deputy
Posts: 7868
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 7:09 pm
Location: Montgomery, Texas
Contact:

Re: Missin Dat Beer Can

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:42 pm

tis'so sowwy :dont:
OUP

" Country by choice, Texan by the Grace of God "
User avatar
Sailor Kenshin
Outlaw
Posts: 1940
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:58 pm
Location: Eastern seaboard
Contact:

Re: Missin Dat Beer Can

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:40 am

Russ wrote:
OldUsedParts wrote:Pard, I bought it stuffed and ready to put in the oven, however, there are Youtubes that show how to debone the bird. :D


De boning is no problem, it's getting my head around the 2 proteins. :shock: :chef:

Russ


Try giggling 'Turducken!' :laughing7:
Moink!
User avatar
OldUsedParts
Deputy
Posts: 7868
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 7:09 pm
Location: Montgomery, Texas
Contact:

Re: Missin Dat Beer Can

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:06 am

Or maybe a "Gooducken" - - - - place cornish hen inside duck then put duck inside goose and bake.
When done throw duck and goose away and eat the hen. :tup: :laughing7:
OUP

" Country by choice, Texan by the Grace of God "
User avatar
Russ
Outlaw
Posts: 2257
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:31 am
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Re: Missin Dat Beer Can

Postby Russ » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:35 pm

Sailor Kenshin wrote:
Russ wrote:
OldUsedParts wrote:Pard, I bought it stuffed and ready to put in the oven, however, there are Youtubes that show how to debone the bird. :D


De boning is no problem, it's getting my head around the 2 proteins. :shock: :chef:

Russ


Try giggling 'Turducken!' :laughing7:


Funny you say that, that exact bird crossed my mind when I was posting. Don't think I'd like it done like that, I prefer to buy a turkey boneless roast. I love Turkey.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
User avatar
OldUsedParts
Deputy
Posts: 7868
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 7:09 pm
Location: Montgomery, Texas
Contact:

Re: Missin Dat Beer Can

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:37 pm

Pardnah, trust me IT IS OVER RATED and a waste of good Birds :!:
OUP

" Country by choice, Texan by the Grace of God "
User avatar
Russ
Outlaw
Posts: 2257
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:31 am
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Re: Missin Dat Beer Can

Postby Russ » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:49 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Pardnah, trust me IT IS OVER RATED and a waste of good Birds :!:


I'm not going down that road.lol

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.

Return to “The Outpost - Cooking any grub other than BBQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest