Naan Fajitas

Any food other than BBQ or Grilled.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Naan Fajitas

Postby woodenvisions » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:31 pm

Been craving some Fajitas lately, so since I like doing unorthodoxed things, I went with it again tonight.
Went with Roasted Garlic Naan bread instead of the usual tortilla wraps.
Also used the Chipotle SB sauce mixed in with the Red, Yellow,Green and Orange Peppers. Added some Vidalia Onions and also Pearl Onions.
Mixed it all up with the Thigh and Breast pieces from yesterday and then added some Pico De Gallo.
It was a big gamble on mixing the Peppers, Onions and Pico with a Chipotle Sauce

The flavor/texture blew us away..

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Last edited by woodenvisions on Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Re: Naan Fajitas

Postby Russ » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:42 am

Great cooks and even better mouth watering pics. I love all those things. My daughter taught me a wee trick with stir fry veges years ago, and man what a difference. Stir fry as usual and half way through add a teaspoon of chicken stock and a bit of water, it is so beautiful. I only do it that way now.

Spouse youre on the couch napping now,lol

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:25 am

I should have known better than to click on this at 4:20am - - - - after looking at those beauties, breakfast is gonna be a challenge or else it'll be a bore.

Just plain Awesome, Pal :tup: :salut: :cheers:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:20 am

Russ,
I'll have to try that with the chicken stock next go round.
I'll pass on the h20 I think cuz there was already so much of it because of the natural amount given off from the veggies, I actually drained some. Thanks man :)

Emm,
All I can say is that you COULDN'T have picked a better time to click on the pics...

4:20 and munchies !?!?!?!?!?...
Lol...

Some might not get that ^^^^^

Ask ur Colorado and Calli friends :):):)

As for ur breakfast being ( boring ) ??
I highly doubt that will happen buddy.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:22 am

Doooood, I got it, already, I got it :laughing7: :D :lol: Never liked brownies for breakfast :laughing7: :D :lol:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: RE: Re: Naan Fajitas

Postby woodenvisions » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:25 am

OldUsedParts wrote:Doooood, I got it, already, I got it :laughing7: :D :lol: Never liked brownies for breakfast :laughing7: :D :lol:
LMAO ^^^^^^^^

That made my day :P
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:42 am

Those look excellent. I have a tendency to over cook the veggies and hate them when I do. I assure you further "references" were not needed as we grew up in the 60-70s. LOL :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:53 am

outlaw wrote:Those look excellent. I have a tendency to over cook the veggies and hate them when I do. I assure you further "references" were not needed as we grew up in the 60-70s. LOL :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Outlaw,

I swear that if I didn't know better, that ( I ) typed ur post !

I've done the same with veggies ( not this time tho ) and grew up in the 70's too :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Lemme clarify that....
I was young in the 70's, as for ( growing up ) I'm still working on that ...

Thx man, they were very good. I think todays lunch will be those leftovers.
Im predicting the ( shop mooch ) will be getting 4 fork prongs in his hand today lol !!
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:18 am

WV strikes again! Another great idea emerges. :cheers:

Which is weeeiiirrrdd, too, because we have some Naan bread out to make 'za with OUR (WV-inspired) chicken leftovers.
Moink!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:24 am

outlaw wrote: I assure you further "references" were not needed as we grew up in the 60-70s. LOL :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

if I may offer one more bit of evidence - - - in the late 60s I moved my Family to Colorado where we lived for 5 wonderful years - - - (here's the grabber) - - - during that time about two of those years I was Gigging (playing music) 5 to 7 nights a week at a popular Local Club :blues:
:dont: need I say more :whiteflag: :rambo: :dont: :laughing7: :D :lol:
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:29 am

OldUsedParts wrote:
outlaw wrote: I assure you further "references" were not needed as we grew up in the 60-70s. LOL :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

if I may offer one more bit of evidence - - - in the late 60s I moved my Family to Colorado where we lived for 5 wonderful years - - - (here's the grabber) - - - during that time about two of those years I was Gigging (playing music) 5 to 7 nights a week at a popular Local Club :blues:
:dont: need I say more :whiteflag: :rambo: :dont: :laughing7: :D :lol:

I can see the haze even now. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:27 am

Sailor Kenshin wrote:WV strikes again! Another great idea emerges. :cheers:

Which is weeeiiirrrdd, too, because we have some Naan bread out to make 'za with OUR (WV-inspired) chicken leftovers.
Hey ya never know if u don't try right ?
Trust me, I've made some bad combo choices before, lol.

Well, I'm glad to know the pics came out good. I was shooting these last night with about 30% vision.
Just got back from the Dr, and my eyes were still mostly dialated..

I was thinking, please be good camera, please be good to me...lol
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:27 am

OldUsedParts wrote:[quote="outlaw"] I assure you further "references" were not needed as we grew up in the 60-70s. LOL :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

:dont: need I say more :whiteflag: :rambo: :dont: :laughing7: :D :lol:[/quote] Nothing more needs to be said, haha....
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:29 pm

So here's the Naan-za, helped along by garden peppers and a salad. So much 'stuff' we had to put some on a stray piece of bread....almost hesitant to post it here. Like I'd be threadjacking.

So pardon me. It was good!

And thanks to WV for all these ideas. ;)
Moink!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:22 pm

Bueno Sailor'O, :tup: :salut: :cheers: the only thing wrong with that pic is that I had to look at it after pushing a full plate of Shrimp All-free-deaux away at Olive Garden - - - so I just called it Fate and came home to whatever I can muster up from the Frig later today . :banghead: :angryfire:

Return to “The Outpost - Cooking any grub other than BBQ”