nom nom Conglom

Everything Grilled. We LOVE pictures.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

nom nom Conglom

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:15 pm

Planned on making today's Grill seem like lunch on The Redneck Riviera but I couldn't find my Jimmy Buffet CD. Had to settle on Texas Mix 105.3 FM :texas: which ain't a bad deal at all. The Wiffy didn't want food that swam so I put two Country Style Ribs on indirect and baked a sweet tater for her. Needed something to go with my grub and so I fixed "bacon fried Mandarin Tweeki Rice" - - - crossed my fingers and it came out perfect for the side and of course okra helps take up that space in the taste buds.

IMG_0014.JPG

IMG_0011.JPG

IMG_0012.JPG

IMG_0015.JPG

IMG_0017.JPG

IMG_0018.JPG
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: nom nom Conglom

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:37 pm

Pass it over STAT....
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:42 pm

yo Pal, I used the Kettle instead of my ECB because of needing an "indirect spot" while doing my fish and shrimp - - - - I'm seriously thinking of using the Kettle for my next Lump, Fire Bucket, Sear and Grill Mark Steak experiment :dont: :?: :roll: :D
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
cowboydon USER_AVATAR
cowboydon
Retired Lawman

Postby cowboydon » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:42 pm

Some great looking chow OUP !!
CowboyDon
Garland, Texas :texas:
Check out my BBQ @
https://www.instagram.com/alltherealbbq/
alltherealbbq
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:44 pm

thank ya, Don :salut:
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: RE: Re: nom nom Conglom

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:52 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:yo Pal, I used the Kettle instead of my ECB because of needing an "indirect spot" while doing my fish and shrimp - - - - I'm seriously thinking of using the Kettle for my next Lump, Fire Bucket, Sear and Grill Mark Steak experiment :dont: :?: :roll: :D

I think that's a good plan.
It takes some getting used to, but I think the Lump will grow on ya :mrgreen:
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:08 pm

He shoots, he scores! :cheers:

OUP, you even make me want to eat okra and sweet taters. :D
Moink!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:16 pm

Sailor, you do that and I'll eat some couscous :roll:

W V, I tried a bag couple years ago via my oldest's recommendation but I probably didn't give it an honest chance - - - I think that the great difference in sizes of the lumps when I dumped it out really blew me away and turned me off. :dont:
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:44 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Sailor, you do that and I'll eat some couscous :roll:

W V, I tried a bag couple years ago via my oldest's recommendation but I probably didn't give it an honest chance - - - I think that the great difference in sizes of the lumps when I dumped it out really blew me away and turned me off. :dont:

Lol, I know what u mean Emm.

Don't worry about different sized pieces. As long as they are touching each other, they will burn hot and consistent. I honestly think if u give it a few times, you will like it. I could be wrong tho, we'll see.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:48 pm

I promise to give it 100% - - - maybe you can teach an ol dawg :dont: :laughing7:
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:07 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:I promise to give it 100% - - - maybe you can teach an ol dawg :dont: :laughing7:

Lol, my brother looked at me like I had 2 heads and green skin when he opened up a bag of Lump we bought him last year for Christmas..
He said, what the ?&@& is this ??

He knows Kingsford Briquettes ONLY and wanted to know why I bought him ( burned rail road tie slivers )...

All was good after he opened up the next gift, the Akorn we bought him :mrgreen:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:20 pm

?Akorn? that's a good incentive "hint" "hint" :laughing7:
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:07 pm

Sailor Kenshin wrote:He shoots, he scores! :cheers:

OUP, you even make me want to eat okra and sweet taters. :D

I like my sweets on the savory side (ie: butter 'n' soy sauce) but y'know, maybe I'll try it that 'other' way. As for okra, does it come already pickled?
Moink!
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:08 pm

Ohhhkayyyyy....WHY did I quote myself? :shock:
Moink!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:31 pm

Sailor Kenshin wrote:I like my sweets on the savory side (ie: butter 'n' soy sauce) but y'know, maybe I'll try it that 'other' way. As for okra, does it come already pickled?

Savory might describe how, Sherry, eats her Sweet Tater/Yam - - - "I Bake It" and then SHE puts butter, brown sugar and marshmellow creme on it - - - very similar to the norm Baked Tater with butter and sour cream/bacon chips and scallions (bet you didn't think I knew that woid eh?) EXCEPT VERY VERY SAAAAWWWWWEEEEEEETTTTTT

YES YES YES pickled Okra can be bought but I don't know about their availability in N'york. However, if you should decide to order some, I highly recommend this brand 'cause it is crispy and delicious - - - they have mild to hot varieties also. http://www.talkotexas.com/ This is the Brand that I sent to my late bestest Bud in Minnesota and he loved it but heck he loved ALL FOOD. :laughing7: :D :lol: "miss ya Bob" :(

IMHO, if you like Kosher Pickles then you should like Pickled Okra :dont:

Sailor Kenshin wrote:Ohhhkayyyyy....WHY did I quote myself? :shock:

Repeating/Quoting yourself is and acquired talent.

Return to “Grillin and Chillin”