A Hole in One

Any food other than BBQ or Grilled.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

A Hole in One

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:52 am

Was feeling kinda mellow and remembering better times while fixing my Breakfast this morning. So I decided to do an "Egg in a Hole" like we used to fix our boys when they didn't want to eat breakfast. Then we would tell them not to play with their food. Hmmmmm ?double standard? Nawwww just creative Parenting right ? :laughing7:

Anyhow I love my fried eggs with soft and runny yokes and this is achieved by putting a lid on the skillet after you crack and "ease" the egg into the hole of the bread that's been toasted on one side. Of course the round toast is what came out of the hole so I skillet toasted it and covered it with SuckleBusters Jalapeno Pepper Jelly "Never start a day without it :salut: :cheers: " A slice of bacon and everything else on the Dixie and it's soppin and slurpin time in :texas: . :tup:

IMG_0022.JPG
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Re: A Hole in One

Postby outlaw » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:39 am

OldUsedParts wrote:Was feeling kinda mellow and remembering better times while fixing my Breakfast this morning. So I decided to do an "Egg in a Hole" like we used to fix our boys when they didn't want to eat breakfast. Then we would tell them not to play with their food. Hmmmmm ?double standard? Nawwww just creative Parenting right ? :laughing7:

Anyhow I love my fried eggs with soft and runny yokes and this is achieved by putting a lid on the skillet after you crack and "ease" the egg into the hole of the bread that's been toasted on one side. Of course the round toast is what came out of the hole so I skillet toasted it and covered it with SuckleBusters Jalapeno Pepper Jelly "Never start a day without it :salut: :cheers: " A slice of bacon and everything else on the Dixie and it's soppin and slurpin time in :texas: . :tup:

IMG_0022.JPG

A slice of bacon? Really? I hated it when most brands went to 12oz instead of a lb because I was afraid it would feel shorted on that meal.
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:53 am

agreed - - - downsizing was just more proof of "how dumb they consider the consumers to be" - - - much sneakier than just raising the prices so that their "loyal customers" would be aware - - - except for meats and veggies, I price shop almost ALL OF MY Groceries and I won't be lured in by Coupons either :whiteflag:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:44 am

Love that kinda egg! Nice use of the 'hole,' too. :cheers:
Moink!
castironchris USER_AVATAR
castironchris
Bandolero

Postby castironchris » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:44 pm

Nice breakfast there OUP!!
Weber 22" with SlownSear
Weber Smokey Mountain 22"
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:12 pm

I normally throw my circle out, lol.i do the same as you emm, fried in bacon fat. Served up with BBQ sauce and worst ever sauce,lmao. No cous cous in sight either.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:17 pm

bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:22 pm

Looks good OUP. My wife still makes those for our girls. I dig the egg in a hole as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “The Outpost - Cooking any grub other than BBQ”