Cheering myself Up ?

Put your funniest internet jokes + anything that pokes fun at Bubbas.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Cheering myself Up ?

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:38 pm

Today I'm putting what would normally be in the "Outpost Thread" (foods other than BBQ) in "Those Funny Cowboys Thread" - - - -hope I was right. :roll: :dont:

Todays Menu was Slamed Sheeken (chicken fried chicken) a la Cinnamon/Sugar.

After I slammed the breasts with a tenderizing mallet. I reached in the Cabinet and took out "WHAT I THOUGHT WAS MORTONS NATURAL SEASONS" sprinkled generously and put the bottle back on the shelf. :idea: :scratch: Hmmm, "do I detect the aroma of cinnamon"? Took the bottle back out and tasted the contents only to discover that some time in the past I had salvaged an empty shaker bottle to use to hold a cinnamon and sugar rub. :shock: Should have rinsed the meat but opted only to blot them good with a paper towel. :rambo:
IMG_0081.JPG

Chopped up some bacon and green own-yawns to sautee. That is the stuff that makes canned green beans taste like they "ain't". :dont:
IMG_0082.JPG

Put what I prefer over taters as a side with this dish into the Rice Cooker.
IMG_2686.JPG

Mixed up my secret recipe that was provided by a "PIONEER" (mix) - - when Grand Daughter was little she called it "White Grabbie". :D
IMG_2681.JPG

Double dipped the breasts in buttermilk/egg wash and then seasoned flour (not with cinnamon this time). Into the hot oil, then on paper and onto my plate.
IMG_2682.JPG

IMG_2683.JPG

IMG_2684.JPG

IMG_2685.JPG

Every time I cook this Menu I always wonder how only 4 courses can dirty up some many plates, pans and utensils. Miss Lucy of 'Cajun Cooking" always says "A good cook is a messy cook" but I don't think she was referring to MOI. :whiteflag: :chef: :laughing7:

It was good, however, "I" could taste a hint of cinnamon but probably because I knew it was there and since this is supposed to be funny here's the 'punchy line'. When the Wiffy finished her plate she said "Sweetheart, I think that this is my very favorite thing that you cook on the stove"- - - guess I need to keep some cinnamon in stock, eh? :drunk:

Thank you for your indulgence or ignoring - - - either works for me. :whiteflag:
Attachments
IMG_2687.JPG
IMG_2688.JPG
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Re: Cheering myself Up ?

Postby bsooner75 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:10 pm

Cinnamon or not, looks like you cooked it just right.

As far as bonehead mistakes …I feel your pain. I have more than my fair share.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Postby Kiwiruss » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:11 pm

My wife when cleaning up after me always says the same ol thing, " how do you make so much mess?"

Lol, same as you.

Russ
Be different.......we love different. :happ:
JustinCouch
Outlaw

Postby JustinCouch » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:39 pm

I bet it was fantastic. Would you believe I'm from Mississippi and have never had that dish. I've had chicken fried steak but didn't care for it. Did you tell the wifey about your seasoning mistake before she tried it?
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:46 pm

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh I did NOT - - - I'm keeping it a secret so maybe she'll think I'm a real Chef. :laughing7: :D :lol: I'm not much on Today's version of Chicken Fried Steak either, Justin, but when my Mom did them with Veal Cutlets they were delicious. Good ol Days, eh ?
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
captjack USER_AVATAR
CaptJack
Outlaw

Postby CaptJack » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:49 pm

22"OldSmokey • 2-burner gasser with GrillGrates
kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Postby Kiwiruss » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:12 pm

Looking good emm.

Russ
Be different.......we love different. :happ:
88rxna
Rustler

Postby 88rxna » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:17 am

Nice!
Every time I try and fry some chicken I can never get a good layer of breading to stay on..
What type of oil did you use?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:59 am

Canola - - get oil HOT before frying breasts - - dip in egg/milk and then seasoned Flour TWO TIMES and lay gently into HOT OIL - - - IMPORTANT - - - - DO NOT MOVE UNTIL THAT SIDE IS DONE - - - this is where most batters lose their stick so just watch the batter around the edge for crispness and then turn gently - - - Good Luck

I turn my pieces with a fork and NOT a spatula but that's just preference. :dont:

Return to “Those Funny Cowboys”