Don't Revoke My BBQ Man Card

Any food other than BBQ or Grilled.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

williep USER_AVATAR
Williep
Outlaw

Don't Revoke My BBQ Man Card

Postby Williep » Wed May 31, 2017 6:10 am

I picked up a chicken stuffed with shrimp & sausage jambalaya at the store Monday and my wife just happen to be with me and she didn't want that, she wanted a bird that was just lightly seasoned, she's funny about that sometimes and after 44 years of marriage I know better than to go to the grocery store with her but it happened Monday. Tuesday morning I lightly seasoned her bird with garlic & herbs and put it in the crock pot before we left the house, while out we had lunch at Chuy's. After returning home my bird went in the oven for about an hour and a half, her's was in the crock pot for 7 1/2 hour's. Decided to eat light, still full from lunch so the only other thing I fixed was corn on the cob. Every thing turned out pretty dang good, she was happy and that's what really count's.

Pic1.JPG
Pic2.JPG
Crock Pot Bird
Pic3.JPG
Pic4.JPG
Stuffed Bird
Pic5.JPG
Pic6.JPG
Pic7.JPG
Pic8.JPG
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Re: Don't Revoke My BBQ Man Card

Postby bsooner75 » Wed May 31, 2017 7:54 am

We're going to need some more info on whether or not to revoke your man card. So, what did you order at Chuy's? J/k :)

I walk past those Cajun stuffed birds and pork at Kroger all the time and wonder if they are any good. Sure looks good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
williep USER_AVATAR
Williep
Outlaw

Postby Williep » Wed May 31, 2017 8:48 am

bsooner75 wrote:We're going to need some more info on whether or not to revoke your man card. So, what did you order at Chuy's? J/k :)

I walk past those Cajun stuffed birds and pork at Kroger all the time and wonder if they are any good. Sure looks good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First time I've bought one and their not cheap but it was very good. About every 15 minutes I would bast it with butter. I've got plans for my leftover's tonight, :chef: I'll have pic's if I remember to take some. :salut:

okie sawbones USER_AVATAR
Okie Sawbones
Outlaw

Postby Okie Sawbones » Wed May 31, 2017 11:14 am

I'd get used to wearing a mask if I was you... :laughing7:
KCBS - CBJ
PNWBA - CBJ
Jambo Clone, Primo Oval XL, Blaz'n Grills Pellet Stove, Weber 22.5", Lynx SS Grill, The Big Easy
VFW - Life, DAV - Life
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Wed May 31, 2017 11:19 am

Looks good. You keep that card!

I'm amazed by the stuff you can buy that I can't.
Moink!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed May 31, 2017 5:56 pm

I get ours at Hebert's (Hey Bears) Specialty Meats and do them in oven for 75 minutes - - - :?: :?: Whatcha boil'n dem ears in :?: :?: :?:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Postby Kiwiruss » Wed May 31, 2017 7:37 pm

Nuttin like that available here, I think I'd like that.

Russ
Be different.......we love different. :happ:
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:30 am

Don't worry bout that, nothing wrong with slow cookers. Not all of us can always find the time to grill or smoke everything we eat, so yeah, slow cookers or ovens are a necessity sometimes. Plus, I think we have all had something from a slow cooker or oven and said, wow..... That was really good. Anyone that says different is not being honest with themselves, so carry on :):) looks good to me
williep USER_AVATAR
Williep
Outlaw

Postby Williep » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:33 am

OldUsedParts wrote:I get ours at Hebert's (Hey Bears) Specialty Meats and do them in oven for 75 minutes - - - :?: :?: Whatcha boil'n dem ears in :?: :?: :?:

Corn was boiled in a pot of water, a pint of milk and a stick of butter for about 10 minutes, turn the heat off and let them rest in the pot for another 3 or 4 minutes. This is the way I do corn about 95% of the time.

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:32 am

thanks, I've gotta try it at least once :dont: even tho most times I just do a 7 min nuke - - that sure looks tasty :tup:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:25 am

Chicken looks great! I'm curious about cooking the corn with milk. Explain the why on this one for me. (Why in milk? Flavor; special crazy food science thing), etc.

Man card can be retained since this was a decision to appease the missus!
(Insert witty signature here)
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:22 am

Williep,

I just realized that you are using the ( European ) butter !!
I've been looking for this , grrrrrrr.
I've heard nothing but excellent things about that challenge butter. Is there really that much of a difference like I read everywhere ? I'm hoping to find some this weekend for choc/banana bread on the forecast.
williep USER_AVATAR
Williep
Outlaw

Postby Williep » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:19 am

Txdragon wrote:Chicken looks great! I'm curious about cooking the corn with milk. Explain the why on this one for me. (Why in milk? Flavor; special crazy food science thing), etc.

Man card can be retained since this was a decision to appease the missus!

Never researched why the milk, saw it in a recipe a few years ago and the corn sure turns out good and the good part is that my wife sure like's it cooked that way. :cheers:

williep USER_AVATAR
Williep
Outlaw

Postby Williep » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:22 am

woodenvisions wrote:Williep,

I just realized that you are using the ( European ) butter !!
I've been looking for this , grrrrrrr.
I've heard nothing but excellent things about that challenge butter. Is there really that much of a difference like I read everywhere ? I'm hoping to find some this weekend for choc/banana bread on the forecast.

Like I said in another post about the milk in the corn, saw it in a recipe a few years ago and been using it ever since and that about all I can tell ya. :dont:

williep USER_AVATAR
Williep
Outlaw

Postby Williep » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:25 am

Return to “The Outpost - Cooking any grub other than BBQ”