Everything Grilled. We LOVE pictures.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Re: Derby Chicken

Postby bsooner75 » Sun May 07, 2017 7:39 pm

Love that OUP.

My wife's Grandpa (Pop Pop) was a horse guy. Spent nearly every day at the track. New the Jockeys at Gulfstream by name. Derby day was a Holy day to him. Glad I got to go to a couple of live race days with him. Great memories

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Postby Kiwiruss » Sun May 07, 2017 10:03 pm

My family are horse people, I've bred and raced lots of horses. We take out grand kids every year to the grand national , it's a huge jumps race here. We park up by Cutts brush, it's one of the jumps, grand kids haven't missed 1 since they were 2. About 3 years ago a jockey fell at the fence we were at. We were like 20 foot from the jump. The jockey got up and came over to me to use my phone. Funny as heck. Grand kids always talk about it.lol.

Russ
Be different.......we love different. :happ:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon May 08, 2017 8:02 am

bsooner75 wrote:Love that OUP.
My wife's Grandpa (Pop Pop) was a horse guy. Spent nearly every day at the track. New the Jockeys at Gulfstream by name. Derby day was a Holy day to him. Glad I got to go to a couple of live race days with him. Great memories

10-4, Soon, my Gramps also like to stop at Ruidosa Downs on the way to a summer vacation in the Rockies. Mostly they ran 1/4 milers but they'd run some longer races at the end - - - those give you a chance to get your BP up as well as your hinny off of the bleachers at the Finish Line. :tup: :cheers:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"

Return to “Grillin and Chillin”