Friday Fixins

Everything Grilled. We LOVE pictures.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Friday Fixins

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:23 am

AKA Clucker and Collards - - - beer can Clucker that is and moisture abounds :tup:
I try to chunk a double hand full of wet Mesquite Chips on top of the hot coals right at the beginning to get that good dark skin, altho it's not crispy/crunchy - - cut it up and "clear" juice was everywhere but it's too early to plate so when the Wiffy gets up and is ready to chow then so am I. :tup:
IMG_2676.JPG
IMG_2677.JPG
IMG_0028.JPG
IMG_0029.JPG
IMG_0030.JPG
IMG_0031.JPG
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Re: Friday Fixins

Postby Kiwiruss » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:48 pm

I've got a sheeken in the freezer, yay. Wife bought 3 the other day, 1 has beer butt on it. It'll be during the week as meals this weekend are sorted. Hope it comes out as good as yours oup. :chef: :chef:

Russ
Be different.......we love different. :happ:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:57 pm

You won't have any problem, Pard, if it was any simpler it would be illegal - - - you can even do these in the Oven, if the weather blows you inside - - - some of that "Tickler" would make a great dusting, if you still have some :tup: :salut:

Note: be sure and put a tater or something in the neck hole to keep all of the lusiousness :laughing7: inside the carcass during the cook and a drip pan under the bird also - - - you can inject or brine if you wish but I have been successful with it just sitting on the can. Good Luck.
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Postby Kiwiruss » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:08 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:You won't have any problem, Pard, if it was any simpler it would be illegal - - - you can even do these in the Oven, if the weather blows you inside - - - some of that "Tickler" would make a great dusting, if you still have some :tup: :salut:

Note: be sure and put a tater or something in the neck hole to keep all of the lusiousness :laughing7: inside the carcass during the cook and a drip pan under the bird also - - - you can inject or brine if you wish but I have been successful with it just sitting on the can. Good Luck.

Notes taken, oup. It will be a lemon in the hole, wondering if it might give a citrus taste. Rub will be
image.jpg

Then suckle busters. Pics will follow. Did you have leftovers for tacos? Watched a good episode of Andrew zimmern in Texas last night. Great insite into BBQ.

Russ
kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Postby Kiwiruss » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:10 pm

And weather has improved so it will be on the 6 burner gas Q. Outside.

Russ
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:22 pm

:?: Tacos :?: you must have read my mind - - - today I deboned the wings and tomorrow that will be soft Tacos after I get back from a Memorial for my best friend's baby sister - - - this beer can meat usually ends up just eaten plain at first but then Tacos, Quesadillas and Diablos usually appear before it's all gone. :tup:
kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Postby Kiwiruss » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:34 pm

Lol, yeah I follow your patterns, hehe, any leftovers will be in sammiches, I make the wife a small roll once or twice a week with summit nice, chicken mayo lettuce tomatoe roll. Perfect. I will have sammiches chicken lot of mayo and tomatoe and lots salt n pepper. Something about chicken tomatoes n salt.

Russ
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:18 pm

Oooo...dat looks gooooooood. Great color! :salut:
Moink!
captjack USER_AVATAR
CaptJack
Outlaw

Postby CaptJack » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:18 pm

22"OldSmokey • 2-burner gasser with GrillGrates
JustinCouch
Outlaw

Postby JustinCouch » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:21 pm

Chicken looks great but gimme a bowl of collars and cornbread any day.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:04 am

JustinCouch wrote:Chicken looks great but gimme a bowl of collars and cornbread any day.

I can dig it :tup: - - - here's a little song to honor that Suthern Comment :salut:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4uGGeS3Hqk
castironchris USER_AVATAR
castironchris
Bandolero

Postby castironchris » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:15 am

I would take a bowl of collards and cornbread myself!!
Weber 22" with SlownSear
Weber Smokey Mountain 22"
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:16 pm

Looks wonderful, OUP! Why's that bird have such a funny lookin' head though?! :laughing7:
(Insert witty signature here)

Return to “Grillin and Chillin”