Everything Grilled. We LOVE pictures.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Re: Chillin but not grillin

Postby Kiwiruss » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:42 pm

Txdragon wrote:
Kiwiruss wrote:57 replies....... Can we get to a hundy?

Russ

Depends on how bored I get at work and how much alcohol I consume when I get home!!

I'm only 3 hours away from a rum n coke,lol. Just finished dinner, need a break.lol

Russ
Be different.......we love different. :happ:
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:18 am

Yup, me too.
Depends on how bored I get at home and how much booze I can consume at work...

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:53 am

^^^ Lmao!! That's a typical day for me at the hotel. I have guests that regularly bring me beer and offer drinks. It's rude to turn down these offerings I thought?
(Insert witty signature here)
kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Postby Kiwiruss » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:54 pm

Txd are you in hospo trade? I was talking to a barman at an event I was recently at, man the hours he worked he told me, I couldn't believe, he said it was very demanding but a job he enjoyed. We talked for ages during a quiet period between drinks. I couldn't do that job, not only working but putting up with some of the bs you get. Sorry for sidetrack.

Russ
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:11 pm

WV, that SternoInator is a genius invention! We lose power often enough so it would come in handy. (Are you by any chance an appliance salesman?) ;)
Moink!
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:21 am

Kiwiruss wrote:Txd are you in hospo trade? I was talking to a barman at an event I was recently at, man the hours he worked he told me, I couldn't believe, he said it was very demanding but a job he enjoyed. We talked for ages during a quiet period between drinks. I couldn't do that job, not only working but putting up with some of the bs you get. Sorry for sidetrack.

Russ

One of the 3 jobs I have at the moment involves a hotel, yes lol. I also do paramedical exams; blood draws, EKG, physicals for insurance. Stuff like that. And I currently have a commercial driver's license also so I drive a truck (local stuff) for another company when i'm needed. I primarily drive for a company that supplies construction materials but the winter months are incredibly slow. The insurance exams are usually about 3-4 times yearly, but pay REALLY well. The hotel fills in the gaps ;)
I'm a people person and get along well with anybody at least once lol. The drawback to any customer based operation is that it requires the patience level of a corpse. Fortunately, I have that covered. There have been many times I've butted heads with the idiot crowds :banghead: I don't stand for being yelled at and will respond in kind :angryfire: The owner here respects the fact that I have the intestinal fortitude to not just "bend over" for the general public, while trying to be as helpful and accommodating as I possibly can. Keeps him from having to scrape off too much profit from the "mooch" crowd, nitpicking little teeny details.. The pillows aren't comfortable, the blanket color is horrible, the traffic noise from the road is horrible, my neighbor was snoring loudly, etc.. :roll:
(Insert witty signature here)
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: RE: Re: Chillin but not grillin

Postby woodenvisions » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:43 pm

Sailor Kenshin wrote:WV, that SternoInator is a genius invention! We lose power often enough so it would come in handy. (Are you by any chance an appliance salesman?) ;)

Thx sailor,
I just thought up the basics and my bro ran with it.
Lol, no appliance salesman, I just delivered tractor trailer parts during the day and the wifey and I run a home business doing micro woodwork at night and weekends. And of course, that takes second priority after wrangling up our little guy :P :P
kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Postby Kiwiruss » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:18 pm

Txd, thanks for filling in some blanks, I'm also a people person, love listening and also talking at the right time, I've had some weird things happen to me over my life so I have a lot of odd funny true stories I can spin. I've been selling as a rep for last 30 years, 25 working for myself. I'm lucky if I get an awkward client or potential client, I just walk away.most of my customers are trained,lol. I'm in engineering supplies and conveyor belt work, endless ing etc.

Russ

Return to “Grillin and Chillin”