Tri Tip on a Gasser

Everything Grilled. We LOVE pictures.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

jmcrig USER_AVATAR
jmcrig
Bandolero

Tri Tip on a Gasser

Postby jmcrig » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:09 am

I know, a gasser? But the results were great. Yesterday I did a cook at BBQ Island in Tempe, AZ. Did a reverse sear on the tri tips, and also used an Amaze Tube with hickory pellets in it. I did a vacuum tumble in my Marinade Express the night before with some Goya Mojo. Thursday morning I rubber them with my grilling rub, posted in rubs and such. Cooked them indirect at 300 to a temp of 128. At that point I moved them to the sear section for a couple of minutes each side. Let them rest for 30 minutes, and this is what I got;

Mark Crigler
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Tri Tip on a Gasser

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:10 am

Very Nice, Mark, I have to admit that when I saw jmcrig and gasser on the same thread my mouse brakes locked up - - - - :shock: -- - - and I'm glad they did - - - that is a nice piece of meat no matter the situation - - - it always amazes me how the color can be so opposite and YET PERFECT :tup: :salut: :cheers:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:09 am

That's pretttyyyy! Now, what's an Amaze tube? Seeing as how we have a gasser and can NOT get smoke to work on it.
Moink!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:17 am

Sailor Kenshin wrote:That's pretttyyyy! Now, what's an Amaze tube? Seeing as how we have a gasser and can NOT get smoke to work on it.

https://www.amazon.com/Amazen-Pellet-Tu ... B00CS6YFIC
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
captjack USER_AVATAR
CaptJack
Outlaw

Postby CaptJack » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:59 am

22"OldSmokey • 2-burner gasser with GrillGrates
bondobill
Outlaw

Postby bondobill » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:07 pm

I ain't used my Weber gasser for dang near a year since I got a kettle and a pellet cooker.
Looking at that tri tip makes me think there is hope for taking the gasser out of retirement.
Mighty fine looking tri tip jm :salut: :chef:

Bill
jmcrig USER_AVATAR
jmcrig
Bandolero

Postby jmcrig » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:59 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Very Nice, Mark, I have to admit that when I saw jmcrig and gasser on the same thread my mouse brakes locked up - - - - :shock: -- - - and I'm glad they did - - - that is a nice piece of meat no matter the situation - - - it always amazes me how the color can be so opposite and YET PERFECT :tup: :salut: :cheers:

Actually, I don't own/have a gasser. What I was doing here, was showing people you can do various cooking methods on a gas unit. I'm still keeping the faith.
Mark Crigler
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:36 pm

:laughing7: :D :lol: had me fooled :tup:
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:15 pm

Wouldn't matter if you cooked that over a gasser or a Roman Candle, that is OUTSTANDING. THE
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."

Return to “Grillin and Chillin”