Any food other than BBQ or Grilled.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Tex-Mex Breakie Pizza ?

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:26 am

OK, so the word Pizza is a stretch on the word smithing code :dont:

However, this is what I have for Breakfast at least 5 mornings per week all year long.

It consists of 2 Guerreo white corn torts, one scrambled egg and one chopped up sausage pattie.
The other ingredients is where the fun starts because you can change the attitude of this "stacked flat breakfast taco" depending on what type and how many layers of chez, spices, sauce/salsa you decide to use on a particular morning. Sometimes mine will have a Jamaican kick, or Hawaiian flavor or just Tex-Mex with Pico or Salsa - just let your immediate taste buds and inventory lead the way. :tup:

I got into the habit of rising early and eating breakfast after I retired and started taking BP and Cholestrol meds. ?Logic? is that you need something in your tummy before taking meds so I choose to consume things that are one of the reasons I have to take them in the first place :scratch: :roll: :? :dont: :whiteflag:

Anyhow, I really enjoy my PizzaTO in the mornings.
IMG_0010.JPG
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Re: Tex-Mex Breakie Pizza ?

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:01 pm

Nothing wrong with ANY of that, OUP. Do you cook it in a pan on the stovetop or in the oven?
Moink!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:20 pm

sausage and egg in the skillet on the stove and all the melting of the cheese and warming of the stack is Nuked - - - - it has 4 layers of grated pepper jack one at 20 seconds - - - then a layer of sausage and egg mix on each tort - - - then they are covered with cheese and stacked then Nuked another 40 seconds
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:41 pm

Thanks, OUP. I'm not a 'candy' for breakfast kinda person. We'll have to try this.
Moink!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:43 pm

the taste varieties are unlimited so happy stackin :tup:
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:22 pm

Grab you a small boboli and use it as your base. I cook it on my blackstone but an electric griddle or cast iron skillet would do the trick. Love breakfast pizzas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “The Outpost - Cooking any grub other than BBQ”